******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,859 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah when I play by myself I generally have no issues, I do get booted sometimes when I'm in a party.
jr15aggie
AG
Over/Under whether Dice fixes all their issues before TitanFall comes out?
Joe Cole
hardly any crashes on 360 since last update

the party chat problems are annoying. I have a couple guys I play with and we have no issues getting in party, but I have a hard time being able to chat with randoms in my squad
jr15aggie
AG
I went hunting this weekend with my cousin and brother in law. My cousin brought his old N64 and we played some Goldeneye... holy cow the control scheme and the controller itself is such crap compared to today.

Obviously the controllers were awesome back in the day (afterall, they were the first to use analog sticks on a console controller), but we have been blessed with much better hardware today. It was still fun though... but only because we were laughing at how bad we were at it. And I got to say it... "No Oddjob!!!"... my cousin selected him anyway!!!!

PS: T&P for the sweet doe that decided to stop in a clearing about 100 yards away from me. I cannot snipe worth anything in BF, but I hit that deer exactly where I wanted too. In the neck right in front of the shoulder, deer didn't feel a thing! Who wants some Venison jerky sticks!?
jeffk
AG
Me!
k20dub
AG
Me too!
Joe Cole
quote:
hardly any crashes on 360 since last update

spoke too soon. Game is unplayable tonight due to crashing

I notice more crashes on Dawnbreaker than anywhere else
Kampfers
AG
Nice run of games tonight

at the end my controller disconnected and then for some reason the console did a hard reboot. When I tried to join back up party chat wouldn't turn on, so I figured that was my cue to go to bed.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, my battery in my controller died that last game and I couldn't find replacements anywhere.
jeffk
AG
Also, that obliteration game on 311 had some CRAZY firefights. One in tank alley and then another back near one of the objectives (where Pilmer and I traded kills several times after he sniped me in the face from a whole 2" away.
herb96
AG
Ha, I need new batteries too. I looted a couple from an old remote to just get me trough last night.

Everyone download the China Rising maps yet?
jeffk
AG
Are they released to us poors today?
jr15aggie
AG
Yes, I think the poors (me) get China Rising today.

I'm not giving EA money for premium when their game doesn't work right... they can have my money when Titanfall comes out (game/season pass/etc... I will blindly buy)
Spinnaker96
AG
Name: Kurare

System: Xbox One

ADD ME!
Baskin
AG
Who's gonna help me level boost when I get my XBONER after the new year? And I'm not talking about actual boosting, but the unadulterated raping and pillaging of enemy combatants.

Sincerely,
Horse McNuttz
Pilmer
AG
Maybe by then I won't feel like I'm clueless when some ace hole is sniping me.
OE_Ag11
AG
I'm one of those ******* snipers, especially in hardcore. Its fun when you get in a snipe off, but also horrible when you cant find them after several times.
jr15aggie
AG
I downloaded China Rising last night (didn't get a chance to play). Is Second Assault also available now for purchase for non Premium guys???

It looks like it was, but funny enough the "store" when accessed through BF4 was all jacked up. I could barely figure out how to download China Rising cause when I clicked on it's picture I kept getting all these "null" fields for the description on what I needed to click on. Seriously, what isn't broken in BF4!!!
Aggietaco
AG
The download system isn't very intuitive, that's for sure.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The download system isn't very intuitive, that's for sure

Not sure if you are referring to the BF4 store, or the XB1 download system... but the XB1 download system needs some work too IMO! On the 360 it was pretty simple... you'd go to the game store, go into a game, and the full game and all add-ons were all their for you to view. On the XB1 each add-on has a separate tab that you have to go to which is really strange. I should just be able to go to BF4 tab in the store and see everything that's available.

Updates needed!
jeffk
AG
If I downloaded the maps a few days ago but couldn't play them since I'm a lolpoor, do i have to do anything else today to play?
Agmaniacmike12
What is up with no conquest maps showing up in the server browser for China Rising?
herb96
AG
Mike, I played conquest 64 player on the china rising maps last night.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I downloaded China Rising last night (didn't get a chance to play). Is Second Assault also available now for purchase for non Premium guys???

It looks like it was, but funny enough the "store" when accessed through BF4 was all jacked up. I could barely figure out how to download China Rising cause when I clicked on it's picture I kept getting all these "null" fields for the description on what I needed to click on. Seriously, what isn't broken in BF4!!!

yes, second assault is available to buy. 15 bucks. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up today or not. Just got AC4 so that and the china rising maps will keep me busy for a while.
Pilmer
AG
Switch your server browser settings to hardcore. China Rising Conquest seems to only work on hardcore.
Madmarttigan
AG
^ something about that sounds fishy coming from you......

ITS A TRAP.
OldArmy07
AG
New BF4 patch today for XB1. Lists a party chat fix in the notes as well as some server browser updates. Maybe we are getting close to ending gameplay features and them to start working on other updates - like hardcore team Dorito visibility.
Aggietaco
AG
I assumed that smurf visibility was just another aspect of hardcore. If you can't spot the differences in uniforms, you get to find out when you put the crosshairs on them. Same for the dorritos.
OldArmy07
AG
I can't find the source, but I read that it wasn't intended by DICE. iIRC, it performs differently on the PC and PS4 platforms. Who knows.

It's annoying either way. Camo isn't distinct enough to ID friend from foe.

[This message has been edited by OldArmy07 (edited 12/19/2013 10:25a).]
Ovaltine
especially when everyone can choose from 4 or 5 different camo colors.
Joe Cole
Initial impression of China Rising for 360 is thumbs down

Maps way too big for 12v12 conquest. Making xb1/ps4 look more appealing!
OldArmy07
AG
I LOVE the china rising maps on xb1. 64 players makes for a lot of rush style battles around individual flags. I've spent a few rounds with a good squad fighting over 1-2 flags and having a blast. I'm not sure how we did the 12 v 12 games on the 360 in bf3. It is leaps and bounds better on next gen consoles.
Ovaltine
lol 12v12. that's cute. CR in general is really, really good.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Initial impression of China Rising for 360 is thumbs down

Yeah, I think they are really great on PC/Next Gen! For example, I spent 50% of my time on one of the CR maps last night doing nothing but jihad jeep/bikes. I got some good clips...will have to do a montage sometime.

Point being, there is plenty to do on XB1. Me and Agmaniac moved from one spot to the next. Sometimes we'd find 5+ guys waiting for us... other times we'd find an unmanned enemy base to capture, but as soon as we capped it, here comes and enemy chopper that wasn't happy with us. There was always something to shoot/blow up!
Agmaniacmike12
I'm really impressed with the China Rising maps and Caspian Border/ Gulf of Oman 2014 maps. I feel like the best way to approach maps on X1/PS4/PC is
to wander between 2-3 flags and make your mark that way. There will always be firefights in between flags and helping to hold on to a flag or two can make the difference between winning and losing. I'll also upload a mini-montage of gameplay from last night, Aggie and I had quite a few memorable moments on the battlefield last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.