******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,858 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
t_J_e_C_x
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone on BF4 know how to disable the Join Game pop ups?

By far the most infuriating things and always disruptive.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Anyone on BF4 know how to disable the Join Game pop ups?

By far the most infuriating things and always disruptive.

There is an auto squad with party option in the BF options menu... I didn't think to turn that off last night... Maybe that will do it.
Eraserhead Ag
Is anyone else's game crashing to dashboard quite a bit when trying to join a match and occasionally during a match? EA needs to tighten it up!

Edit: on Xbox One

[This message has been edited by Eraserhead Ag (edited 11/23/2013 10:45a).]
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
There is an auto squad with party option in the BF options menu

I thought that was just the if you join a game with a friend in it, it tries to automatically in put you into their squad?
Madmarttigan
AG
We need to get some more xbone bf groups going!
OldArmy07
AG
The BF crowd is much bigger during the week for some reason, though we had a few good games yesterday and Friday night.

Also, re: the XB1 party system: The XB1 treats a party as the 360 treated a squad, in some ways. It assumes that if you're joining a party, it's because you want to play the same game with everyone in the party. It's basically a pre-game lobby. Once the party leader (I think) chooses a game, everyone else will automatically get an invite or be pulled into the game with them. I'm not sure if there's a way to invite one person to the game like we did on the 360, or if we have to accept the invites that auto-pop in the middle of our games.

Doesn't help our annoyance with the popups, but it at least helps explain why they keep showing up.
Pilmer
AG
Football season is almost over
jr15aggie
AG
Been pleased with the next gen version. Particle effects are great and the framerate is very noticeable. Overall a very nice looking game.
jeffk
AG
My learning curve basically started over the last few nights.

I had to turn the stick sensitivity down to 12% to be able to stay on a target. Got better during my second hour last night, but those first two nights were ROUGH.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
stick sensitivity down to 12%

Mine got thrown down to 8%-10%.

jeffk
AG
I tried 0% at one point just to see what it was like.

That's how desperate the situation had gotten.
jeffk
AG
Anyone tried the BF4 Kinect voice commands in a game yet?

There's a bunch listed in the options in the game.
OldArmy07
AG
I've had a few randomly trigger when I'm cussing at people that killed me. It works some of the time, but it's so hard to see when someone needs ammo or if they just have it to give you in the Ui that it doesn't do much.
3rdGenAg06
AG
Hey my BF:BC2 and BF3 buddies, Spaz06 here -
I'm still wavering between the PS4 and Xbox One. I was completely set on the Xbox until I read last week about some of the launch titles (including BF4) running at 720 and the PS4 and 900 upscaled to 1080. Then I also read about Dead Rising 3's framerate issues. I feel like the news took the wind out of my sails since this is a next-gen system that should last for 8 years and we're already running at 720...

Anyway, just looking for some feedback from you guys. How'd y'all arrive at the Xbox choice once you understood the differences (doesn't count if your pre-ordered I guess) - was it that most people (like those here) were getting Xboxes? I've read reviews, but would rather some feedback from my fellow gamers. How's the system overall? How's the controller? I heard the shoulder buttons are a little weird, the rumble is weak and the thumbsticks are a little loose. Are these just nit-picks and it's definitely superior to the 360 controller?

TIA
OldArmy07
AG
BF4 looks and runs REALLY well on XB1 - and will be even better once EA sorts out their issues impacting all platforms. 60fps is noticeable. 720p vs. 1080p is not at this point. Party chat voice quality is 10x better than the 360.

I was wavering at one point, but the fact that most of the 360 BF crowd on TexAgs was going XB1 pushed me towards it.

Also, the fear about Dead Rising 3's framerate issue weren't based on post-day one update gameplay. The game has run really well for me.

XB1 vs PS4 should come down to which games you want to play & where the majority of your friends are. XB1 has had some pretty active party play the past few days, and I expect that to continue.

Edit: The XB1 controller shoulder buttons feel normal to me, didn't have to think about how I was using them at all. Rumble took some getting used to, but it adds a ton to Forza and feels good in BF4. I don't think it's weak compared to 360 at all. The triggers rumble independent of the main body, so you get more subtle rumble than we're used to. I think the controller is an improvement over the 360. D-Pad especially.

Only complaint with the system right now is that it takes more steps than it should to join a friends game. It auto invites people to the game when they join your party, but there's no way to click a person and "join game" like on the 360. I expect that it will be fixed in the first major update, based on complaints I've read online. Otherwise the OS is really smooth, and voice control to record/upload 30 seconds of gameplay is a great feature that I've used a lot.

[This message has been edited by OldArmy07 (edited 11/24/2013 8:19p).]

[This message has been edited by OldArmy07 (edited 11/24/2013 8:21p).]
jeffk
AG
I expect games on the XB1 going forward to run at an equal resolution to what we're seeing on the PS4 now. EA is just going through their usual craptastic release routine.

The voice chat clarity is amazing... I can't wait to get a decent set of phones to wear while playing. The party system is clunky right now, bur I imagine they'll fix that quickly.

Anyway, come join us... we have BF4 crew you know you want and Titanfall will be sweet too.
Aggietaco
AG
FYI, I've found that if you join a party prior to launching a game, you're able to turn on voice chat 90% of the time on the first try.
Madmarttigan
AG
Spaz, visually the game looks like a whole new experience. I think the increase in framer ate and the graphics are really nice. There are so many more details on the maps that weren't there on 360. I really don't think you will notice the 720p.

I had to go from 25% sensitivity on 360 to 16% on xbone. Think that is my sweet spot. The sticks are loose but the controller is still pretty nice. I don't know what to think about the vibrations yet perhaps because I don't know the significance.

I don't know about y'all but I love being able to use the kinect to yell for ammo and a medic.
jr15aggie
AG
Spaz, the online community and abilities of the XB1 are still superior to the PS brand. The XB1 does a lot of things that the PS4 simply does not... for some people the added stuff is pointless and for others we feel not having the extra stuff is inferior.

I personally wanted the stuff. The system is brand new and I can see several areas that need to be improved, but I'm happy with the XB1. And considering most of my game time is spent online, having the TexAgs crew is #1.
Ovaltine
Is there a way to squad up pre-match on Xbox like there was on BF3? It's woefully absent on PS4.
dfwag07
quote:
Spaz, the online community and abilities of the XB1 are still superior to the PS brand. The XB1 does a lot of things that the PS4 simply does not... for some people the added stuff is pointless and for others we feel not having the extra stuff is inferior.

What online abilities are superior for Xbox? Still trying to decide what to get the husband for Christmas (he is a big FPS gamer). Been leaning PS4 due to cost issues but want to get the most for what we spend.
jeffk
AG
No, there's no way to form squads before a match.
jeffk
AG
quote:
What online abilities are superior for Xbox? Still trying to decide what to get the husband for Christmas (he is a big FPS gamer). Been leaning PS4 due to cost issues but want to get the most for what we spend.

Does he have a group of friends he plays online with?

If so, find out what they are getting and get that system.

[This message has been edited by jeffk (edited 11/25/2013 9:52a).]
Ovaltine
Regarding the pre-match squads, just found this.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/battlefield-4-pre-match-squad-creation-will-not-be-implemented-dice-confirms/
Aggietaco
AG
Tinkering with things that work well.
dfwag07
quote:
Does he have a group of friends he plays online with?

His closest friends are not gamers unfortunately and most of the people he knows from work are older so I doubt they play games.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Just little things really, Xbox has just always been better in this area. But for your husband, it really comes down to does he have friends he plays with online? If so they will want the same system so they can play together. The PS4 is a good system and is a lot simpler in terms of just playing games. The XB1 is more expensive and has a lot of cool stuff, but your husband may not care/want that extra stuff. You may have to do the sneaky wife thing and use your powers to figure out which one he prefers.
Ovaltine
quote:
What online abilities are superior for Xbox?

quote:
Just little things really, Xbox has just always been better in this area

Really not trying to piss in your Cheerios, but what specifically ARE they? The systems have been out long enough to nail these down now. I'm genuinely curious.
Aggietaco
AG
If you haven't noticed, we're all about generalities over here.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Matchmaking, the set up for their Live in general. Application service and consistent support for said application service. General ability to stream applications well with their online service.

Xbox Live in general, the basics of it. How fundamentally successful it is and more dominant than anything on the market so far.

I don't know what stake you have, but you have to admit Xbox has done great with their Live brand.
jr15aggie
AG
Ovaltine
I thought I read somewhere that you could no longer join a friend from the overlay menu like you could on the 360. Is that true?
OldArmy07
AG
Ovaltine - you are correct. Hoping that they fix that in a patch.

When a party is created it is treated almost as a game lobby. When you join the party, it auto-joins you into the same game/squad as the rest of the party. IIRC, just like on the PS3, you can't click a person and join their game. On the other hand, the XB1 games know this, and are setup to allow you to invite party or friends pretty easily.

Party chat (aside from router issues) works really well. Objectively though, the friend/party system needs some work to get us back to where it was on the 360. I've read enough from the vocal minority online to suspect that MS also hears the feedback and will incorporate it into a future update.

I haven't played with a PS4 yet, but they may be on-par with MS right now if they let you join a party and select a friends game to join on the UI vs in-game. The differentiating factor for online play for me is the TexAgs community that plays XB1, and the understanding that MS has been receptive to feedback this gen and they'll fix it.
Ovaltine
On PS4, you can even see the current server population from outside the game, which is pretty neat, then join that server in the same exact way it worked on the 360.

On a whole, I'm finding that the PS4 party/chat/join system is identical to the 360, which is frankly kind of hilarious. I've read a little about the X1's party system like you described, a shame it's in such a state at launch, but I'm sure they'll fix it soon.
jr15aggie
AG
Without getting into specifics, I'll agree with the OldArmy and also say that the party chat voice clarity has been impressive. I remember us having to repeat ourselves sometimes on 360... not anymore, it's pretty clear.

I remember seeing the new XB1 comm port on the controller and thinking to myself "well, that's one way for MS to make us by new headsets/adapters for their new console". I didn't really buy into "we made it better" talk... but they sure as heck did.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 11/25/2013 1:19p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.