******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,659 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Where did you trade it in, jr?

Gamestop. Got $25 I plus 30% extra for watchdogs pre-order plus 10% extra for being a rewards member... 35 total.
3rdGenAg06
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-WladmrdNQ

[This message has been edited by bq06 (edited 4/4/2014 2:49p).]
jeffk
rllguitar
AG
I'm still on 360 too. Name and gamer tag are on page 1. Add me.
rllguitar
AG
I'm still on 360 too. Name and gamer tag are on page 1. Add me.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-WladmrdNQ

[This message has been edited by bq06 (edited 4/4/2014 2:49p).]
OldArmy07
AG
Anxiously awaiting some kind of patch for the naval strike servers/maps so that they don't rubber band like crazy. Other maps are atill fine, but I can't play NS at all.
Aggietaco
AG
Eh, forgot there was another map pack due out.

Comes out tomorrow.

the YouTubes
jr15aggie
AG
Is this the last map pack for BF4?

This is probably why I'll never (or not anytime soon) get premium or a season pass for games... 7+ months later I just don't care anymore. We are a couple months away from when all the big Fall games start coming out and I haven't played BF4 in months.

For me I think the perfect balance would be 3 map packs post launch that ship around every 2 months. That way you don't get bombarded with too much content, but you get it all within that 6 month window after the game launches and you and most your friends are still playing the game. But that isn't the norm right now, so I'll get 1 or 2 map packs and use the money saved for a new game.
Aggietaco
AG
Didn't you sell your disc?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Didn't you sell your disc?

Sure, but that's beside the point... was just curious about how many more map packs or is this the last one. I know with BF3 I had premium and it went to waste... took forever to finally get all the map packs for that one.

But I sold BF4 because it was way to glitchy and too much like BF3 which I spent a lot of time on (we all did). I might be interested in Hardline, we'll see.
bearamedic99
AG
Hardline does not appear interesting and I skipped Premium because I didn't want to support a game that felt like it was released before it was ready. I have a kid and not much time to play so I'll still play BF4 until beta for Destiny is released.
Pilmer
AG
Hardline is a no-go, should have been an expansion pack for bf4
agfan2013
AG
quote:

+1
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I somewhat agree, but BF at its core is such a good game I can't help but be intrigued. But it sounds like a split group... I'm looking forward to the next BIG BF release so we can all jump on board again like in the BC2 & BF3 days.

What would really be nice is for EA to screw the norm and start releasing BF in the Spring. There's always too many good games that release around November. They need to get away from the Holiday games and be the big dog that releases in March/April. This year I will be getting the Halo collection for sure, so I probably wouldn't have time for Hardline even if I bought it.
Seven Psycho Ags
This is the second to last DLC. I have played 3 of the (4?) maps and think it is the best DLC since Second Assault.

It's urban based, taking place in cities, and has some cool elements to it.
-Like one map has giant sunken party boat in the middle of a canal, where the teams fight for control of the floodgates to either dry up or flood the canal. This changes the tactics of attacking the boat somewhat.
-Another map is a lot like the first outdoor section of Operation Metro. Hilly terrain and tall grass with small gazebo-like buildings to assault. It also has a monorail system that has crashed and you can fight in.
-The last one I played briefly, and seems to be a mix of Grand Bazaar from BF3 and Flood Zone from BF4. Tight alleyways and streets with buildings going 3 or 4 stories up. This may be my favorite map so far because it adds a ton of verticality to the battlefield.
-I haven't played the other map called Propaganda, but it has a cool name!

Personally I like Premium and DLC. It adds some life to the game every couple of months. That and I've been a big BF fan since 1942
Aggietaco
AG
I was able to play a match of chain link on every map last night (10 minute matches) and I'm liking the new maps so far. I'm still adjusting from the spaz run-n-gun play of titanfall, but these infantry oriented maps help. Hope to get some quality time in this weekend.

No glitches or lag issues, but this game type is limited to 32 players.
jr15aggie
AG
I'd like to see BF take more of a Halo 2 approach... Give us the option for "big team battle" (64 players), but focus on game types with 16-32 players. I personally feel that range is the sweet spot for BF.
Aggietaco
AG
Don't they already do that with the different game types?
agfan2013
AG
Yeah, certain game modes are capped. Being out here in the country, my internet is decent but not fast enough to handle the big 64 player servers, I get just enough lag to be annoying and put me at a disadvantage, it's not unplayable but definitely far from ideal. However, rush and obliteration which are both capped at 32 players work perfect for me. It's a bonus that rush was my favorite battlefield game type anyways.

As for the map pack, I'm pretty impressed with it. My favorite of all the map packs has been naval strike but this takes second place. Not nearly as many vehicles so infantry tactics win the day. Favorite map is the one with the partially sunken Asian building in the middle, obliteration is fun because there's so much sniping from one side to the other.

And the new bulldog assault rifle is ridiculously good, drops guys really fast.

[This message has been edited by Agfan2013 (edited 7/16/2014 11:53a).]
Aggietaco
AG
The CS5 rifle and the deagle are fun too.
OldArmy07
AG
Chainlink is fun.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Don't they already do that with the different game types?

They do to some degree. But I'd like to see modes like conquest being standard with 32 players and then give us a completely different playlist for 64 player conquest. Unless I'm brain dead, I'm pretty sure all conquest games were 64 players. That's just me though.

But hey, at least we are all talking about BF again!!!!
agfan2013
AG
Well another battlefield map pack and more problems, same old story. Frequently (2 or 3 times out of 10) get kicked out of a game right as it's finishing up so I lose any stats and progress for the round. Also got the CE error code and sent all the way back to the dashboard on one occasion. And it's not just me, have a friend who gets kicked out regularly too.

And EA wants me to buy Hardline.......haha
HossAg
AG
I don't like 64 players on anything other than conquest large. Otherwise, it's just too crazy and unorderly for me.
herb96
AG
New maps are fun. I like the large scale infantry firefights.
Aggietaco
AG
Wife's working late tonight so I'll be on for a while tonight if any BFbros are up for it.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Well another battlefield map pack and more problems, same old story. Frequently (2 or 3 times out of 10) get kicked out of a game right as it's finishing up so I lose any stats and progress for the round. Also got the CE error code and sent all the way back to the dashboard on one occasion. And it's not just me, have a friend who gets kicked out regularly too.

What game type? I've only played for an hour or so, but I hopped right into a chainlink server, played the 4 maps without issue and quit for the night on Tuesday.
agfan2013
AG
Well first to note, I'm on a PS4, but our thread died along time ago so that's why I'm on y'all's just to talk about new stuff. So there's a good chance you xbox guys are fine, but it's multiple modes: chainlink, obliteration, and rush. It's happened to me on all of those. Don't know if it's still happening today as I'm downloading the destiny beta now and will be playing that for awhile, so I'm hoping it's fixed by the time I get back.
byfLuger41
AG
Question:

I just switched from 360 to XB1 and noticed my emblem/clan tag isn't showing up.

A little help would be great.

Also OP, please add my GT to the running list: Big Booty Ridin

Thanks in advance.
Aggietaco
AG
There's about 3 of us that still play, apparently. AguasAg, ScottAPerk and gigemags88.

Clan tags and emblems are handled online at Battlelog.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Clan tags and emblems are handled online at Battlelog.

I know and I have them set up already. Worked fine on 360, but can't seem to get them on my weapons/vehicles on XB1.
Pilmer
AG
There is a setting on battlelog to switch your info over to xbox one.
Aggietaco
AG
Does your fiance/wife know you're posting on TexAgs?
Pilmer
AG
Nice. Got married this past Saturday, headed on honeymoon next weekend for ten days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.