******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,860 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
herb96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like the armored battles on the Silk Road map. Guilin Peaks is very good too.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Aggie and I had quite a few memorable moments on the battlefield last night.

Indeed! I apologize again for not talking... house was crazy last night. Wife was up late with my girls doing school Christmas party stuff. They had Christmas music going and as it got past bedtime, the kids got cranky and so did Mom. It was best that I had my Turtle Beach Headsets on so I could concentrate on the game.

But maniac is correct... 64 player Conquest can seem overwhelming, but if you stick with your teammates and hover between 2-3 flags you can make a go of it. Kinda cool to keep in mind that Domination is made up of smaller sections of these maps... so conquest is almost like 3 Domination games going on at the same time with vehicles.
Joe Cole
I didn't mind the way the maps were laid out and Dragon Pass really reminds me Laguna Presa from BC2, but they are just way too big for 360/ps3

easttexasaggie04
AG
quote:
It was best that I had my Turtle Beach Headsets on so I could concentrate on the game

I thought headsets didn't work with the new consoles yet?
Aggietaco
AG
Headphones still connect just fine. Just no chat unless you modify the Xboner mic.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I didn't mind the way the maps were laid out and Dragon Pass really reminds me Laguna Presa from BC2, but they are just way too big for 360/ps3

Yeah, I know what you were referring too. I was just letting you know it's much better on next gen. The bad thing about 64 players is that sometimes you and your squad can dominate, but you can still lose the game relatively badly.
jr15aggie
AG
China Rising, steps for win:

1. Find a friend
2. Friend spawns on dirt bike
3. You spawn on friend as support
4. Get on bike
5. Throw ammo pack down on seat
6. Equip C4
7. Tell friend to "Go"
8. Find enemy vehicles
9. Slow down just long enough to plant C4 x 2
10. Drive away
11. Press trigger
12. Winner

Alternate Option:
9. Do NOT slow down as you drive by field soldiers and simply drop C4 as you pass them by
10. Ditto
11. Ditto
12. Winner

Aggie & Agmaniac highlights will be incoming... it's only a matter of when.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 12/20/2013 9:16a).]
herb96
AG
The updates seems to help. No crashes reported last night, and you can now place yourself on the queue if the map is full.

Also, to join a party, I had to go to the friends list to find it. You couldn't see the party off the party app. I was able to join in party chat while playing.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Also, to join a party, I had to go to the friends list to find it. You couldn't see the party off the party app. I was able to join in party chat while playing.

They need to let us snap our friends list... a very simple list of everybody, with the online folks at the top. Then we can quickly click on somebody to do party/message type stuff. I think you can snap an activity feed right now, but it's kinda weird and shows way to much information about what people are doing... I just want to see who's online and who isn't.

Also, is it just me, or is the party invite notification weird. I always see the gamerpic, but I don't think it gives the name of who is inviting you. I don't go around memorizing everybodies gamerpic. And some of y'all need to update your gamerpic too... if you haven't set it up, it comes up as a very tiny pic that was pulled from your 360... impossible to even see that when you send out invites.
k20dub
AG
Just started playing it an hour ago but I have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone have any links to tutorials or info on how to play. Yes I am a n00b at this game.
jeffk
AG
Search YouTube for Battlefield "How to Not be a Noob." The videos might be for BF3, bit the tips are the same as what you'd do for the new one.
k20dub
AG
Found this one last night. Thanks!
http://youtu.be/I6t6HEkFk38
easttexasaggie04
AG
Y'all add me on XboxOne: easttexasag04
OldArmy07
AG
Some of you *******s need to get online. It sucks trying to solo with randoms.
jeffk
AG
Out of town for a week.
Pilmer
AG
Christmas in west Texas this weekend
jr15aggie
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bViewsq9LqE

My BF4 Jihad compilation complete with Top Gun music and references! Agmaniacmike was my wingman for all co-op Jihad maneuvers. Videos uploaded from XB1 game DVR and basic edits on windows movie maker.

Enjoy! And if you don't, well, pretend you do or else I might get my feelings hurt!
redeyeone
AG
Great video. What gun are you using in the video?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Great video. What gun are you using in the video?

It's the LSAT.
k20dub
AG
Have been playing conquest the last couple days. I can't believe how much is going on at once. A lot to take in at first but once you get used to it, it's not bad. What's y'all's favorite game mode? Also, it takes forever to level up to different guns. Fastest way to do it?
Agmaniacmike12
Conquest is my favorite by far. Big maps, lots of flags and action, lots of vehicles, lots of shooting, lots of fun. As for leveling up guns, Domination is perfect for that as it deals with small maps filled with infantry and an instant respawn. I am actually a huge fan of the idea of Rush, but maps haven't been well designed for that game mode since BF:BC2 in my opinion.
TonsterPS
AG
Just got an Xbox One and BF4! Add me to the list, and I have some catching up to do, but add me to any games if you see me online.

Shaking off the rust, but hopefully I'll be back to decent soon.
Pilmer
AG
Sweet! Tony's back.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Have been playing conquest the last couple days. I can't believe how much is going on at once. A lot to take in at first but once you get used to it, it's not bad

Me and agmaniac have played a lot of conquest the last week. Definitely different than the 360 version because there are more objectives/enemies... but we've found a lot of fun staying mostly at 1 or 2 flags and controlling them. There are enough enemy players trying to take it back to make it fun. Lots of ways to set traps with C4, landmines, claymores, etc.
k20dub
AG
Something tells me there will be a lot of posts in this thread in the morning
TEXAN5
AG
Will be playing tomorrow, still waiting on my Kontrol Freeks though.
TonsterPS
AG
I'm in TX until the 30th, so as great as that is, it means I'm away from the XB1 until after New Years. But I'll be ready to get after it then!

I played about a day and a half worth of multiplayer. The large conquest maps are insane, but suck going solo as opposed to a good squad that sticks together and strategizes. Also, the friends list/party situation is still not that great? Or am I still just too much of an XB1 noob?
jeffk
AG
No, it sucks.

But Tony being back doesn't suck!

I'll be back in town and online on the 28th or 30th.
AgFB
AG
Haven't pulled the trigger yet. (Rufftamu) can't decide to buy now or wait until something else comes out.
AgFB
AG
Wife dropped it on me. Add me rufftamu.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Wife dropped it on me. Add me rufftamu.

Nice! The games are slim pickin's, but it's a very cool system to have despite the fact that some things obviously need updating/fixing. I think you are already on my friends list so we'll keep an eye open for you.
jeffk
AG
So... how's Christmas noob hunting?
LeftyHound
AG
The noob hunting is as glorious as expected. A lot of knife kills to be had.

On another note, where in the hell are you *******s?
jeffk
AG
In a hotel in Colorado.

And my wife is sick and our baby is mad at life.
k20dub
AG
At the in-laws, but will be home Saturday night. Then leaving again Monday for ATL. But will get some good BF in between then

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.