******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,856 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
Joe Cole
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was only able to play the beta for one round...

Was not very enjoyable as a noob

Did they change the tank controls up??
jr15aggie
AG
There are lots of control options for each type of vehicle and for your standard soldier controls.
jr15aggie
AG
The PS4 thread finally got enough guys to fill up an entire squad!
Baskin
AG
Wee ag, can't believe that gif was your PC group...stumbled across that on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1ou1hg/bf4_has_a_nice_view/
Pilmer
AG
That new record feature on Xbox One is dangerous, haha
Saxsoon
AG
Hey JR, we got enough for 2 squads now.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Hey JR, we got enough for 2 squads now.

I saw that! (Brick killed a guy)

Thanks for taking my comment as a joke. Posting it on the PS4 thread would have been a troll so I refrained. Regardless of console, the BF4 signups are going much better than the COD thread!
maroonbleeder
AG
I am refusing to go back to BF3 now that I am used to the BF4 controls. I am having serious withdrawals, so I watched all of the Battlefield Friends episodes again.

PROMOTED!!!

Still cracks me up.
jr15aggie
AG
Were you with us on the beta that night we were doing the PROMOTED call? We had a good time with it and I'm pretty sure many of us will be saying that when BF4 comes out. As of right now, I don't see me getting tired of it so I say call it out proudly. But don't forget to mix it up once in a while like when the noob whispered it.... promoted...
jeffk
AG
Claymore episode is still my personal favorite.
Pilmer
AG
http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/23/battlefield-4-interview-part-4-destruction-and-the-world-of-bad-company/
Aggietaco
AG
Called yesterday to swap my preorder to the 360, add me to the list.
Fenrir
What does the link say about Bad Company? Can't read at work...
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Called yesterday to swap my preorder to the 360, add me to the list.

Me and you caved big time!!! But seriously, I do not want to be a noob day 1 on the XB1!
Pilmer
AG
Video interview discussing destruction models between Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4, with one of the Swiss DICE guys.

Tempering expectations to an extent, but explains that destruction models were tweaked from bf3 to bf4, some maps will have the total destruction feel of bad company, but that it's not feasible on a map in a city. People complained that you couldn't raze the entire map of Shanghai, apparently.
Aggietaco
AG
I'm one of those people. I feel like we're missing out since we're in between the stages of not being able to damage anything and being able to take a city down to rubble. Being able to drive a tank through one part of a completely solid wall and not another is very annoying.

And Aggie - I didn't want to be a noob on day one and I've got a metric shat tonne of work done this week and last to where I won't be swamped with job startup when BF4 is released for the 360. Although I will be out of town for 6 days following the release, so I still may wait for the Xbone.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Video interview discussing destruction models between Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4, with one of the Swiss DICE guys.

Tempering expectations to an extent, but explains that destruction models were tweaked from bf3 to bf4, some maps will have the total destruction feel of bad company, but that it's not feasible on a map in a city. People complained that you couldn't raze the entire map of Shanghai, apparently.

That's good to hear, I probably sound like a broken record because I know I've posted this a couple of times but, total destruction is what made BF: BC2 my favorite so far. 95% of the buildings could be completely brought down, which made it awesome because you were never safe. Sniper camping in the upstairs of a 2-story house? Bring the building down with an rpg. Squad of guys defending a house with a gold crate on rush? Bring it down with a tank. And BF3 almost seemed to take a step back from that, don't get me wrong, it was still a fun game.

It's good to hear they are making the environments more destructible again. And it is totally unrealistic to think you should be able to bring down every building in the city, but more than the 1 big one in the center wouldn't be too bad.
GoneForGood
Just found out I won't be getting BF4 until Christmas most likely *sigh* you guys enjoy and hopefully some of you aren't burnt out when I get around to playing
TEXAN5
AG
Xbox 360: TEXAN5

Xbox One: TEXAN5
jr15aggie
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Freelook (I assume in vehicles) using head tracking with Kinect might be one of the coolest things ever.... MIGHT.
Aggietaco
AG
And to think, I've been calling it "English" all these years...
OldArmy07
AG
Word is that we'll see some XB1 single player gameplay on the 29th, followed by multiplayer on the 1st.

Rumors are circulating among the people that have review copies about differences between PS4 and XB1 and bits of the devs having trouble working with the esram. Won't know until we see it, and I still maintain that the best console is the one where your friends are, as long as the graphics are close.
dietcola84
quote:
Freelook (I assume in vehicles) using head tracking with Kinect might be one of the coolest things ever.... MIGHT.

How is that supposed to work unless your tv moves with your head? The only thing that makes sense is having Kinect sense the tilt of your head so you can peak around a corner.

[This message has been edited by dietcola84 (edited 10/25/2013 9:17p).]
OldArmy07
AG
Pilmer, I caved and ordered the 360 version as well. ScottAPerk.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm very interested to see what the new kinect will be like on bf4. I think the leaning function could be awesome. I may look ridiculous but I would abuse the crap out of it!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

How is that supposed to work unless your tv moves with your head? The only thing that makes sense is having Kinect sense the tilt of your head so you can peak around a corner.

I imagine that you can turn your head left to right (like between 20 and 45 degrees) and it will track it while you are in a vehicle to look around. Pretty easy to keep your eyes on the screen doing that. Could be very useful in air vehicles cause you need both sticks to fly.

We will have to wait and see but I'm very excited to at least try it out.
Madmarttigan
AG
I haven't really been able to tell from the description but is the console being shipped with a rechargable controller or does it require batteries. Also if I buy another 60 dollar controller wil that be rechargable...
OldArmy07
AG
It comes with a rechargeable controller. Not sure if this one will take AAs like the 360. Charges via a micro USB cable so it will be cheap, at least. I picked up a play and charge kit as well so I could swap between two batteries.
jr15aggie
AG
The XB1 controller is just like the 360... Comes out of the box taking AA batteries and you can buy a battery pack that charges via micro usb. You can also play with a micro usb cable attached and it acts just like a wired controller.

For me this is what I prefer because I use rechargeable AAs.
jeffk
AG
Any headset coming in the box?
jr15aggie
AG
Yep, the standard headset is included. We will have to wait until an adapter is released (February of next year) before we can use turtle beach headsets though.
Aggietaco
AG
Where did you hear February?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Where did you hear February?

I can't remember. I know it's 2014 though. Almost positive they said February. So even if you want to buy a new turtle beach or use the converter on and old one, you can't for a couple months. Sucks for me... Guess I'll be playing BF4 with the volume way down for a little while.
Aggietaco
AG
Just set voice to play on speakers, use your headset for sound and put the stock headset around your neck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.