******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,854 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
herb96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I couldn't connect the the Hard Core server that you all were playing in, so just did soft core.

millertyme
AG
Should have went XBOne. None of my "online" friends play BF4 with me.
jr15aggie
AG
Sorry bro. The XB1 BF4 party is definitely alive and kicking. Not as big as BF3 on 360, but we are slowly adding guys as they make the next gen leap.
TonsterPS
AG
^ there have been a lot of new guys that I don't recognize! I am going to have to clean up my friends list a bit.
easttexasaggie04
AG
yall add me... easttexasag04
Aggietaco
AG
I refuse to play with anyone East of the I-45 corridor.
OldArmy07
AG
Time for me to move to the east side of 75 then.
Mameluke
AG
is there a talent level requirement? i play plenty, but i'm pretty terrible.
OldArmy07
AG
There isn't a talent level requirement, just be comfortable playing hardcore mode.

And after last night, you'll need to be willing to put up with racism and rampant team killing.

[This message has been edited by OldArmy07 (edited 1/8/2014 2:25p).]
Mameluke
AG
i only play hardcore and i'm racist as ****. i will avoid teamkilling.
Mameluke
AG
only kidding on the racist part.
jeffk
AG
Doesn't always have to be HC either. Since HC servers are a pain to get groups into and the blue dorritos don't show up on HC very well which leads me to TK from a distance, regular is a nice change of pace sometimes.
Aggietaco
AG
Won't stop me from confiscating your party first, Scotty.
OldArmy07
AG
I've been soliciting groups of 8-13 year olds to join your party any time you're online while they play zoo tycoon. Be prepared.
jr15aggie
AG
I've mostly played regular instead of HC. I usually join existing Aggie games and they are usually softcore. I think the blue dorrito problem is part of it and the hardcore reload/ammo loss has turned off some of us. I think the only thing I don't prefer in softy is the damage model. I like everything else about it.

Generally speaking, what I don't like about BF4 is that it is rare for you to live longer than 1 minute in an air vehicle. So many friggin options to easily shoot them down and the counter measures are way too brief / take to long to reload to be of much help. Not that I want to go back to the days of Heli rape in Bad Company 2, but don't make them so easy to take down either!
OE_Ag11
AG
Who's all getting on tonight? I know gigem was on be he not in our game any more. I've been the ******* sniper for the most of the night so far
Aggietaco
AG
Thursday night game night, beetches
easttexasaggie04
AG
Remind me again...what are the differences between hardcore mode and regular?
herb96
AG
Hardcore: no mini map, its a snipe fest, lots of TKs, you can't tell how many bullets are left in your magazine and you lose bullets if you reload too soon.

Softcore: no way for Aguas to TK you.

[This message has been edited by herb96 (edited 1/9/2014 10:11a).]
easttexasaggie04
AG
So pretty much soft core is more fun. Heck I get owned on soft core...might as well stay put.
Mameluke
AG
i like hardcore better for one reason and one reason only...i dont feel like i have to empty an entire mag into someone to kill them.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
i like hardcore better for one reason and one reason only...i dont feel like i have to empty an entire mag into someone to kill them.

AMEN

disagree about hardcore being a snipefest too, it's no worse than softcore in that regard
OldArmy07
AG
Hardcore would be perfect if they fix the issue with friendly Doritos not showing up all the time.

Until then, it's still better than normal mode. No spotting, no mini map, and better damage model for the win. The ammo thing isn't as big of an adjustment as people suggest. Grab an ammo pack or don't use a full mag to kill someone and you'll be fine.
Pilmer
AG
Pros/Cons

SOFTCORE PROS
-Mini-map for orientation.
-Snipers are easily taken care of when spotted.

SOFTCORE CONS
-Skilled Chopper Pilots make game terrible.
-If you don't use a silencer, you're killed within ten seconds of a gun fight.

HARDCORE PROS
-Skilled infantry can win a three-on-one battle without a silencer.
-Choppers can be taken out by stingers.

HARDCORE CONS
-if you don't have a dedicated sniper with a PLD on your team, you deal with annoying snipers all game.
-if you have a bunch of dolts on your team, you could be pinned at deployment on a linear map.
-no compass rose. "There's a sniper to your East," means jack **** when you have no sense of direction.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Once you are spotted how long does it last on you? After a certain amount of time doesn't it go away?
OldArmy07
AG
After you're spotted you always show up on the map long enough to be killed.

Every time you fire a non-silenced weapon, you show up on the map.
Aggietaco
AG
I only TK smurfs that don't play the objective.

Hardcore ueber alles.
jr15aggie
AG
Hardcore sucks the most when you are new... that mini-map is a must when you are learning the maps. I don't mind as much now that the game has been out for a while and I know most of the maps pretty well, but I still prefer softy.

Random comment: I've never once done the commander thing. I should try that sometime... I guess.
Baskin
AG
I wasn't a big hardcore fan on BF3, but right now I despise it in BF4 because:

a) As JR said, it sucks ass if you're new and don't know the maps. You don't know the usual hiding spots yet, you get smashed on by random snipers. Oh, hey, I instantly died from a random sniper bullet on a huge Conquest map, here's to never ever finding out where he is so I can get revenge.

b) I'm a big fan of popping in and out of 3rd person view in vehicles. It helps track the enemy jet you're chasing down, it's nice to see kamikaze C4 ****s trying to blow up your tank, and it's fun to watch you and a friend cruise around on a buggy and hit wicked jumps

c) Dorito's. Once again, the whole not knowing the map thing comes into play, but I'm addicted to spotting enemy combatants so that I or a teammate can chase them down and end them.

d) Motion sensing. I was flabbergasted when I threw a motion sensor ball in hardcore and it did absolutely nothing. Why is it even an option in HC?

e) Ammo. I don't know how much ammo is in my magazine, I just got the game, give me a break.

f) Spawning. You can only spawn on one guy in your squad? Oh, and he's hanging out at the back of your base taking 2000 yard potshots at tanks with sniper rifle? Gig 'em.

g) Your own mines take out your ally's vehicles. Seriously? Ok, yeah, it's "realistic." Too bad you can literally knife through a chainlink fence in one swipe. Just like in real life.

For me, I play the game to have fun, not to replicate a real-life ground battle that will never ever come close to a real-life gun battle. I know that's not why everyone plays HC, but I really don't know why some people are so dead-set on it...maybe so they can talk down to "softcore n00bs." Anyway, if you're complaining that it takes to long to kill an enemy, then just shoot them more.

Sidenote: You honestly can't just jump in a friend's party? Really? WTF Bill Gates?!
Aggietaco
AG
a) Learn the maps, n00b.
b) Surprise, hardcore is harder than normal with respect to situational awareness.
c) Generally, you work with teamates toward an objective. If someone is in front of your team, you should probably kill them. Use voice to notify your squad.
d) They beep different. Hardcore.
e) Learn the game and quit spamming fire, n00b.
f) Same as BF3. Find a new squad.
g) This keeps people from spamming mines/claymores all over the map. See a bright blue square on the ground? Drive around it.
OldArmy07
AG
Aggietaco
Mr Gigem
AG
Who all plays on 360? I'm going to get on when I get home tonight

IMAcciden7Prone

[This message has been edited by AccidentProne (edited 1/9/2014 5:30p).]
Mr Gigem
AG
Which one is hardcore?
Pilmer
AG
Look in server browser filters. It's on there.
Aggietaco
AG
And I find baskin playing hc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.