******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,654 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
You have to be a gamestop pro member or whatever (like $15 per year & you get 10% extra on trade-ins used games cost 10% less... oh and you get gameinformer mag). After that you buy BF4 on 360, they will email you a coupon, you get BF4 on XB1 for $10 when you bring in 360 version and the coupon

According to all of the information I've read, including Gamestop's site, you don't have to be a pro member ($$), you just have to have a rewards card with them (free).
Phat32
AG
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/105074/ebay---battlefield-4-pc-ps3-or-xbox-360

$43
maroonbleeder
AG
My wife just trolled me big time. She sends me a text saying "I will be up late tonight with a lot to do and I need your help. Hope thats OK."

Then 2 minutes late follows up with "Haha, just kidding. I know your game comes out tonight"

I'm glad I didn't respond immediately.
Pilmer
AG
That's pretty good.
Joe Cole
very long day of work knowing it's there waiting

don't get much xbox time anymore, still working thru story on GTA5

jr15aggie
AG
Don't forget you will have around 10 minutes of install time (2 GB from the disc and a ~200 MB download) before playing multiplayer.
jr15aggie
AG
So I played during my lunch break... why the heck does the 360 version have what I consider the crappy reloading option (you lose rounds still in the clip). The PS4 footage on Jackfrags does not use this method and I'm pretty sure the PC footage I've seen doesn't either. What gives with the 360 version??????
Saxsoon
AG
That is really odd, though realistic
jeffk
AG
If my copy hasn't shipped by tomorrow morning, I'm cancelling through MS and going to Gamestop on my lunch break.
Joe Cole
got about 7 rounds in last night. Basically BF3, but seems like they improved some of the minor flaws.

The back button now brings up battlelog instead of spotting so that was annoying a few times, but the battlelog app seems like it has had a massive upgrade

Not thrilled with the Menu to go in and change a weapon attachment. Maybe just take some getting used to, but seemed like way too many button presses to simply go in and remove a laser sight

JR- what are you talking about on the reload? I didn't notice anything

ScornfulLeaf1

jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Let's say you have 120 bullets... 30 in the clip and 90 in reserve. If you fire a single shot and reload, the 29 bullets left in the other clip are gone... your ammo counter will now show a full 30 rounds with 60 in reserve... you just wasted 29 bullets.
jr15aggie
AG
OK, I'm a big whiner, I know... but let's get this rant out of the way:

1. Hardcore w/out a mini-map is just plain retarded. I at least need to be able to glance at the map and see where my teammates are when taking an objective. No mini map, no ammo counter, and too many times I'm standing around doing 360's like my avatar has tourettes because I can't find the enemy or my teammates or which direction the object is!!!

2. Not sure if this is a 360 only problem, but the crap about not being able to tell friend from foe is completely unacceptable. Can't tell you how many times I died from friendly fire last night and how many times I was killed by an enemy because I was waiting to see if they were red or green! I even had my own engineers blowing me up in a tank because they couldn't tell (either that or they hate me).

3. Servers are completely messed up for me. When I server browse everything says 0/24. When I go to quick match I can't even join certain game types. That is exactly how it was for me in the beta... something's not right. And I should have an open NAT so that's not it.

4. The ammo thing is annoying, especially considering it's not how they do reloading on the PS4/PC version. It feels like we are still running the out of date beta code because the above said problems were all in the beta too.

Softcore definitely has its share of problems, but count me in if anybody wants to get away from hardcore, at least until they fix some of the other problems (especially the friend/foe issue). It was more annoying than fun last night... well, maybe not quite, but it was very annoying!
kmac30
AG
It's a mag or magazine people, not a clip.

Only played story so far. A few glitches but overall a lot of fun.
Pilmer
AG
In hardcore if you hold down the start button you can see the score as well as the map if you press right bumper. You don't get the cheater mini map, but you can see where fire is coming from.

The no friendly visual cue is interesting. I played for a while and found that if you spot everyone, your team's visual cue (Dorito) always pops up immediately. If something doesn't pop up, shoot them.

Also, recon's rangefinder is glorified infrared scope from BF3. Recon is best kit on hardcore, you can scan area with viewfinder, find white spots then snipe with one shot

I'm down to play softy to learn the maps because the only thing that annoyed me were the snipers picking me off, not capping objectives
Pilmer
AG
I have a feeling that the commander will become a really valuable asset in hardcore
degreedy
AG
quote:
quote:

Let's say you have 120 bullets... 30 in the clip and 90 in reserve. If you fire a single shot and reload, the 29 bullets left in the other clip are gone... your ammo counter will now show a full 30 rounds with 60 in reserve... you just wasted 29 bullets.

Granted, I know this is just a game, but if you are going for a realistic shooter, this is as real as it gets.

From a gamer's perspective, it's ****, but I totally understand why they may have done it this way.
Ranger222
AG
What controls are y'all using in the game? I kept switching back and forth last night between the new control layout and the "veteran" layout. I think I've found I'm happy with the veteran layout when playing on foot but I like the new vehicle controls

This new learning curve alone was frustrating me last night. Trying to get comfortable with the maps is another matter
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
This new learning curve alone was frustrating me last night. Trying to get comfortable with the maps is another matter

I think that's my biggest problem... complete Noob to every aspect of this game so going hardcore was a bit much. I probably won't mind as much once I'm more acclimated.

As far as controls go, I like the new soldier button layouts. Lines up more with other shooters like COD... I'm sure Titanfall will have the same configuration... so switching between games is easier. For all vehicle I've gone with legacy button layouts... I need LT&RT to be my power up/down & drive forward/back inputs.
Aggietaco
AG
Anyone who can't figure out the map in the duration of a conquest map is a moran.

I'm still a fan of the mag reloading, but I wish they'd give you an ammo count.

I like the map absence since you have the option to pull up a full size map whenever you want.
Pman17
AG
add me (Xbox One)

DarthPman
Pilmer
AG
quote:
Anyone who can't figure out the map in the duration of a conquest map is a moran.

I'm still a fan of the mag reloading, but I wish they'd give you an ammo count.

I like the map absence since you have the option to pull up a full size map whenever you want.

Agree with all of these, except for the moronic misspelling of moron.

Also, what the hell is up with not being able to squad up prior to entering a server?

[This message has been edited by Pilmer (edited 10/30/2013 11:18a).]
jeffk
AG
So freaking MS is just now shipping my order. A day late than what was promised.

So here's my choices - wait for another two days until it arrives or buy another copy at GS and pay their $15 membership to get the $10 XB1 exchange and send MS their late game back.

Torn. Is waiting a few extra days worth $15?
jeffk
AG
Or I might swing by Best Buy and do their exchange program.

EDIT - It's free.

[This message has been edited by jeffk (edited 10/30/2013 12:03p).]
Pilmer
AG
Why don't you buy the game at Best Buy, then return the copy that MS sends you to Best Buy for store credit?
jeffk
AG
I can just send it back to MS using their label and they'll refund my money to my CC.

I don't want to spend money at BB unless I have to.
Aggietaco
AG
Your reading comprehension sucks, keester.

Aggie was wrong about the Gamestop membership. You only have to be signed up with the rewards card (free) to do the $10 swap. The promotions online read that way and I confirmed when I swapped out my Xbone pre-order and picked up my 360 copy yesterday.
Aggietaco
AG
Also, what do the MS sales reps say about shipping the game late? No partial refund there?
Aggietaco
AG
More notes from last night’s play:

1. Hardcore is much more hardcore-y than BF3. Get kills/killed much quicker. Damage is much more realistic than previous versions.

2. The blood splatter on the screen when you are damaged is good. I feel like it really affects your ability when you're near death, as it should.

3. Snipers are being *****es already. Too many campers. Even though we were blowing out teams by 300 tickets, I was getting picked off seemingly any time I ran between cover.

4. I suck at piloting choppers.

5. Planes seem easier to maneuver than in BF3.

6. PT boats are bad mother ****ers.

7. Slower repair time for engineers seemed to help destroying tanks quicker, but choppers fully loaded with engineers were still a pain in the ass to deal with.
Agmaniacmike12
As long as the UPCs are the same, you could buy a copy from Wal-Mart or any store with BF4 and play until your copy comes in and then bring back the MS copy for a refund, I think this is what Pilmer was getting at. UPCs should be the same if MS and the other store don't have special editions/different pre-order DLC offerings.
Agmaniacmike12
On point #7, Lefty had a 10 minute little bird battle due to being loaded with engineers. Best way to win those battles is to have one of the passengers with a stinger and the pilot line them up for a clean shot.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
1. Hardcore is much more hardcore-y than BF3. Get kills/killed much quicker. Damage is much more realistic than previous versions.

Agreed. I'm not sure I can do it with this version. I'm just too use to having mini maps in like, um, EVERY shooter. Just helps me with my surroundings and knowing where my teammates are at a glance is a big part of the strategy. It's not that I'll never play hardcore, but I really don't care to at this point. The game is just that much more fun when I have more information in front of me... and to help with those annoying snipers that do nothing but kill while their team is losing badly!

I know a few people were calling for softcore last night... I'm game! Hopefully we don't end up with a split group... it's not BF if I can't play with a lot of TexAgs guys!!

Solution?
Perhaps we can get a general consensus on the features we all do/don't like, come to an agreement, pitch in for a new TexAgs server and set it up the way we want it. As it is right now, I think there are a few glaring things most of us don't like about Hardcore and Softcore! For the most part, I think most of us are OK with a majority of the hardcore rules (like vehicles that don't magically heal and soldiers that revive like Wolverine)... but perhaps adding a map and ammo counter to that formula???
Madmarttigan
AG
People just complain about softcore because you have to be a better shot. I think we should put it to a vote and play whatever the majority wants.

I vote for softcore, the game is way too slow paced when you have zero indication of where the action is on a mini map and it promotes sniper camping even more.
Madmarttigan
AG
People just complain about softcore because you have to be a better shot. I think we should put it to a vote and play whatever the majority wants.

I vote for softcore, the game is way too slow paced when you have zero indication of where the action is on a mini map and it promotes sniper camping even more.
Madmarttigan
AG
Also can someone explain the purpose of remote log in on battlelog, can we get points on our phone lol
Aggietaco
AG
I won't be pitching in for a server again, that was mostly a waste of money last time.

I'm fine playing softy for a bit, but I do like the challenge of hardcore. The only time I look at the maps in BF3 these days is to "cheat" and see where doritos are. I'm fine having to use communication or spotting to locate enemies. And I'm mostly OK with getting sniped all day as long as we continue to win by triple digits and the TA crew fills the MVP 1, 2 and 3 ranks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.