******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,655 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I was to trade in any game, it'd be Titanfall. I was ready for some BF4 action last night when I couldn't find the NS download and got to Googling the issue.
agfan2013
AG
I guess I'll talk BF4 with you xbox guys since I don't even know the last time somebody commented on the PS4 one.

There has to be major issues with EA if they pull a DLC the day it's supposed to release. They have some vague statement that there was a glitch with using some of the normal weapons or some BS. I mean, are they not play testing this stuff before it comes out? I'm pretty sure they shouldn't really be coding in large amounts of new stuff the days before it comes out. Why was something this large not caught earlier where you don't have to drop an announcement the day it's supposed to release?

As much of a cluster-fu** as this game is, when it works, it's some of the best multiplayer I've ever played. The NS maps are really fun and well laid out, just about all of the modes from carrier assault to rush to obliteration are fun. It's pretty epic to be wading across a shallow channel of water on your way to arm a bomb in rush mode when some enemies open up on you from the next island and bullets are splashing all around you in the water.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I guess I'll talk BF4 with you xbox guys since I don't even know the last time somebody commented on the PS4 one.

The main reason why pretty much all the main Texag 360 guys stuck with MS instead of going PS4.

But I agree that when it works it's really great. I think my biggest problem with BF4 is that I'm just ready for something different for a while. I had premium for BF3 and even a year after launch it wasn't uncommon for us to have an entire team made up of TexAgs guys with a couple unfortunate Texags guys stuck on the other team. The group hasn't shown the same love to BF4. I'm hoping they wait until 2015 to release the next one. I bet our group will be ready to fully support the game again at that point.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
The group hasn't shown the same love to BF4. I'm hoping they wait until 2015 to release the next one. I bet our group will be ready to fully support the game again at that point.

That's because BF4 is a giant crock of ****. Not entirely, but the fact that they released an essentially unfinished game really rubbed me (and many others) the wrong way.

AFAIK they will be holding on to the next BF for a little while, I think they're supposed to be going on a 3 year rotating release schedule.

2014- something 2015- Star Wars Battlefront 2016- Battlefield 5

I can't remember entirely what was rumored but it was something close to that. Although those games might be slightly delayed now because due to all of the ****ups with BF4 they had to stop working on Battlefront for a while.
Agmaniacmike12
I sense that the delay has much more to do with having the player base gravitate to Titanfall, given that the two platforms it is based on are the ones with the delay in DLC. Naval Strike is practically unplayable on PS4 as well, so it isn't like EA just pulled it for glitch issues on XB1 and PC, I sense an ulterior motive, one that would ultimately be more profitable for Microsoft and EA.
Aggietaco
AG
Latest from EA is "early April", by the way.
Ag8556
AG
Naval Strike is now out for Premium on Xbox One. Downloading it now.

OE_Ag11
AG
We going to start a texags platoon
OE_Ag11
AG
I started one for BF4. Search for texags. I can also change it how we see fit and can add other admins. If i ever figure out how. Also will have to vote on an emblem. I'm trying to figure out how to get the agtag I created copied over. Right now its the block ATM

Forgot to remove the bevel from the one I found online. Will be done shortly

[This message has been edited by OE_Ag11 (edited 3/27/2014 11:54p).]
OE_Ag11
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by OE_Ag11 (edited 3/27/2014 11:53p).]
Aggietaco
AG
Donde has one setup called Texas Aggies.
mid90
AG
just fyi, there was already a Texas Aggies platoon
herb96
AG
I tried looking for it and don't remember finding it. I don't mind not being platoon leader.
mid90
AG
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/6251900692616695036/

This was the platoon I made originally. Not exactly burning up the interwebz.

I'm currently the admin, but I have no problems giving control to someone else, or even abandoning the platoon for another Aggie platoon.
Aggietaco
AG
Don't think it matters much since we've come this far without one.
Aggietaco
AG
Nothing showing up in the store for me.
Aggietaco
AG
Never mind, store isn't active but I was promoted to download when I tried to join a game.
Ag8556
AG
Looks like you need at least 4 members from the same platoon, playing a game on the same server, to rack up any points and accomplishments for the platoon.

Which platoon is going forward as the main platoon for TXAGS?
Aggietaco
AG
You can get XP from being in a platoon?

[This message has been edited by Aggietaco (edited 3/31/2014 10:54a).]
herb96
AG
quote:
This was the platoon I made originally. Not exactly burning up the interwebz.

I'm currently the admin, but I have no problems giving control to someone else, or even abandoning the platoon for another Aggie platoon.

No bevel on the logo, so I applied.

Our regulars have dwindled down.
Aggietaco
AG
The game is in the drive and the one game of carrier whatever its called I got to play was sweet.

Now that I wrapped up a project that's taken every bit of my free time for the past 3.5 weeks, I'll be playing this or the other fps some more.
Aggietaco
AG
The game is in the drive and the one game of carrier whatever its called I got to play was sweet.

Now that I wrapped up a project that's taken every bit of my free time for the past 3.5 weeks, I'll be playing this or the other fps some more.
mid90
AG
Carrier Assault is VERY fun. My only real complaint is that both carriers take damage too quickly. 5 minutes in and you're having to defend your carrier, or attack theirs, so you don't get to battle for the flags for very long.
Aggietaco
AG
Agreed. I have a feeling that will be tweaked in the next update. By capturing all of the flags and then quickly planting both carrier objectives, you can end a game in just a few minutes.
rllguitar
AG
So which platoon are we supposed to join? I've been playing at least 3 nights per week lately... It would be a lot more fun to join a squaf with a few Ags
jeffk
AG
So how's the expansion? Is it worth it?
rllguitar
AG
Sent out a bunch of invites to the list of BF4 360 gamers. If you have an invite from TexAGe12, its me. I'll be on tonight for a while if anyone wants to join.
herb96
AG
Thumbs up on the maps, but a lot of players are experiencing rubber banding. hopefully this gets fixed.

Played a few rounds with Vitas and Mike and won every game last night.

[This message has been edited by herb96 (edited 4/1/2014 9:51a).]
TonsterPS
AG
Played it briefly on launch day. TERRIBLE rubber banding, and constant too. Usually when I experience rubber banding, it goes away after a bit or after changing servers, but not with Naval Warfare.

I haven't tried again since...
Aggietaco
AG
I only had the issue inside the carrier, and it calmed down after a while. Glad to know it wasn't just TWC ****ing me.

Also, I'll be on tonight.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm out!!!!!

Traded in BF4 yesterday... got $35 towards Watch Dogs. Pretty good deal considering I haven't touched BF4 in well over a month. I didn't get premium this time, but I will be buying Titanfall DLC so it was clear my BF time would be very limited at best. It made sense considering trade-in values are still pretty high.

I'm looking forward to the next version of BF which will hopefully be Next Gen / PC only.
Greg09Ag
AG
I haven't played bf4 much at all. I got tired of having 20 friends online with 16 of them on xbox one. We have very many 360ers left?
Ranger222
AG
I'm still on the 360.

I picked this up again this weekend after not playing since December and was disappointed to still experience lagging, being kicked from servers, and even freezing at times. So frustrating to have the same issues months later
jeffk
AG
Where did you trade it in, jr?
Aggietaco
AG
New maps are awesome

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.