******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,104 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can play commander for 360 games on the battlelog site?
Pilmer
AG
In game, once you are a level 10, go to the Server menu, select the server you want to be commander in, and press x
Ovaltine
Nothing is done on the web. You play in-game on all consoles, unless you're playing on a tablet (which you can't yet).
jeffk
AG
That's what I figured, but you started talking about playing commander on a PC when this is a XBox thread.
jr15aggie
AG
Hello, I'm new here. Is this the "Official Battlefield 4 on Xbox 360 is Broken" thread?

Seriously, getting this on 360 is living up to my expectations when I bought it... a springboard game so that I have decent gear when I finally boot up the XB1 version!
Ovaltine
It's super broken on PC as well, you aren't alone.
jr15aggie
AG
Say what you want about COD... yes they have balancing issues sometimes and they have to patch exploits & cheats... but I can't recall a COD game ever having the issues I've seen in BF4. Even more troubling is many of these issues existed the life of BF3, like the strange audio glitches.

I'm a BF4 fan and have a blast playing it, but man it's a buggy game!

On a different topic, any of you regulars getting premium??? I'm really not sure if I will or not this time. Will probably buy the earlier map packs so I can keep playing with the group, but by the time games like Titanfall & Destiny come out I'm wondering how many of us will play BF4 often enough to make premium worth it. I know I played very little of the BF3 map packs after the first couple. Definitely didn't get my money's worth out of premium.
jr15aggie
AG
Levolution Guide
Pilmer
AG
I already got premium for the ability to cue up on a match.
Saxsoon
AG
I have played about 7 hours and haven't really experienced the glitches y'all are talking about on PS3. I have experienced the bomb in Obliteration showing up in the sky when dropped in water, but other than that it has been relatively smooth sailing.

jr15aggie
AG
It's happened...

BFFs has gone BF4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6I27mJyZi0&list=PLF8C97115E5BCBA92&index=1
jeffk
AG
Megalodons!
jr15aggie
AG
Which emblem should I use? One obviously took a lot longer and is goofy... the other was simple and is more awesome (it's also the symbol of Spartan Race which is something I do along with Tough Mudder, so it's more personal).

PS: I just noticed last night that custom emblems show up on the kill cam, so other players get to see them there, as well as on your vehicles. Sorta fun.
GoneForGood
BFFs never gets old.

RAWR RAWR RAWR! Lol
Saxsoon
AG
Where can you choose emblems. I only see dogtags
Ovaltine
You can also add other people's emblems from their B-log profiles if you like it, or want to have a clan emblem.

I need to make a Gentle Lovers emblem for me and my guys, but in the meantime, I am rocking this bad boy. I crack up every time I see it on a tank, and think of Sgt. Hatred's glorious man cans.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Where can you choose emblems. I only see dogtags

You have to create them in battlelog... under your BF4 profile you should see "Customize" in the upper right hand corner above your soldiers picture. The emblem customization is in that drop down menu.

It's like the COD icon deal they had for the original black ops (except COD had a very nice in game tool to use, here it's web based). It can be a bit tricky to use sometimes. I had to zoom my browser in on some of the finer details otherwise it was impossible. You get 20 layers to work with. I used all 20 for my Peter Griffin one... I was barely able to squeeze in all the main facial features.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 11/4/2013 3:51p).]
GoneForGood
Anyone else having issues with their custom emblems not appearing on their guns or vehicles?
Thriller
AG
Trying to see if my freezing/crashing issues are the same as y'all. I'm not crashing out of individual games, but I'll get to the loading screen, just before it changes to the screen where you can select your class/deployment and it freezes.

I can hear the sound of the game change as it loads the map, but my XBOX freezes completely. I have to physically turn it off and then turn it on later.

Similar problems out there?
Ovaltine
Just ran across this one, lol!

Saxsoon
AG
Wow

What class are y'all running?

I am really enjoying the entry level PDW for Engineer. My K/D has steadily been climbing and I feel a bit more adventurous in Rush and Obliteration. Better than assault for me.
Joe Cole
when is the patch going to be released to fix a lot of the problems?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Anyone else having issues with their custom emblems not appearing on their guns or vehicles?

I honestly haven't even looked on my vehicles yet. It took around a week for my stuff to show up in the Beta... and seeing as this current 360 code doesn't look much different from the beta, it might take a little time. Who knows?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Just ran across this one, lol!

Is there a way to unlock more layers for the emblems? Because I don't see how that pic above is possible with only 20 layers.
bearamedic99
AG
Thriller- I have the same problem sometimes.

Anyone figure out how to win a battle when you are trying to knife someone and they are resisting? I've been button mashing and resisted one attack
Baskin
AG
The only way that someone can "resist" (counterknife) you is if you try and knife them from the front/front-sides. If they successfully counter you by pressing in Right Thumbstick, then there is nothing you can do.

If you knife someone from the back, they can NOT counterknife you.

Any time I get knifed, I just start smashing Right Thumbstick in the hopes that maybe they caught me at the right angle to allow me to counterknife.

That's the gist of it based on my experiences thus far, I could be wrong on some points though.
jeffk
AG
Haven't been able to play at all the last couple of days. Hoping to jump in a few matches tonight.

Thriller - I've frozen about 60% of on the map loading screen. The other 40% of the time it's been in-game. In-game freezes seem to happen to me more often while driving tanks, but that may be coincidence.
Ovaltine
Regarding layers, if you buy Premium, you get 40 layers.
jeffk
AG
Crashed out of another good game last night. Tried to access the scoreboard while in a vehicle.

Still up in the air on getting premium. I may wait until XB1 to make that call. Seems like the only thing I'll miss out on until then is a couple of battlepacks.
Pilmer
AG
UVERSE SUCKS...they still haven't shown up to install my internet, and they keep telling me address does not exist on map.
Ovaltine
There's absolutely no reason to not get Premium if you want the DLC. It's the best way to buy it.
jeffk
AG
That's the thing.... I burned out on BF3 three map packs in.

I'll have less games for the XB1 and won't binge play as much due to baby stuff, so I may not burn out as fast this time around, but I definitely didn't get my money's worth.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
That's the thing.... I burned out on BF3 three map packs in.

I'll have less games for the XB1 and won't binge play as much due to baby stuff, so I may not burn out as fast this time around, but I definitely didn't get my money's worth.

Me and Keester... I swear we are like the same guy sometimes. I feel the same. With TitanFAll, Watch Dogs, & Destiny right around the corner (not to mention the many Fall 2014 games), I'm just not sure I will play enough BF4 to justify Premium.

I do plan on getting a few map packs, but not $50 worth. Like you said, I definitely didn't get $50 worth from BF3 premium because I was barely playing the game by the time they released the final one.
bearamedic99
AG
I must be your slightly retarded shadow then. I also have a new baby and was burned out around Armored Kill. I'm on the fence whether to buy the next gen, let alone an X1
Joe Cole
agree, I burned out at Armored Kill map. I played them a few times and didn't find them interesting and I was just about done.

I might have to pop BF3 back just to play a round on Metro for old times sake. At least it won't crash

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.