******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,849 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Pilmer, take me off the list for now. As much as I love battlefield, I just like COD better. I'm not saying it's made better, but I just have more fun playing it. I'll be picking it up later, but Ghosts has my preorder.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Just set voice to play on speakers, use your headset for sound and put the stock headset around your neck.

That's actually a really good idea. It got me thinking... You are suppose to be able to use kinect for voice chat too. So put your old headphones on and use the Kinect for your microphone. Just as long as I don't have to talk too loud that might work.
Pilmer
AG
midnight!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
midnight

I'll be asleep... see you tomorrow night!
Kooch 3:16
AG
Kooch will be in tomorrow. SHAGBIRD is the GT. Looking forward to stealing women and raping horses with all of you again.
LeftyHound
AG
"Working" from home tomorrow.

Is Pilmer coming out of hibernation?
Phat32
AG
Trying to determine whether to buy on Amazon ($40 GC) or trade games in to get this ASAP.

Very excited.

Add me in the list for 360: yukmonkey

[This message has been edited by rasher (edited 10/28/2013 4:37p).]
Madmarttigan
AG
so jealous of you *******s able to play all night/day > <
jeffk
AG
My copy from MS isn't even showing as shipped yet.
Madmarttigan
AG
hey guys, no 1080p, im out

Rgif sold me into ****** baggery.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll put this here because the other thread is sure to be a complete mess (at least the OP is)... but nobody can tell the difference between the two when looking at videos (and right now the screenshots on the X1 look noticeably better). And FYI, I'm up waiting for my wife to get home, otherwise I'd be in bed!

Neogaf is about to implode on itself because so many people are confused why they can't tell a difference between any of the videos. Some think the XB1 looks better, others say the XB1 version looks horrible. Truth is, it looks like the PC version so I'm sold. Dice had to put the game together for 5 different platforms... we get anything resembling PC and I'm more than happy. I'll let the other guys do side by side comparisons looking for the slightest sign that one version might be a little less desirable!!!
Saxsoon
AG
Here is a review for Next Gen. It is only for PS4 and PC because Microsoft has placed an embargo, but I thought y'all would appreciate it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/oxobi5/battlefield-4-review
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like Pilmer had a .82 K/D ratio in his first night. Disappointing!
GoneForGood
So mine hasnt shipped from amazon yet, wtf?
Pilmer
AG
Yea, it was rough going it alone. Plus, a ton of kids already had a lot of unlocks. What is that about?
jr15aggie
AG
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/tigwd0/battlefield-4-xbox-one-preview

XB1 preview from Gametrailers. Say they really can't tell a difference to the PS4 version (no review yet, XB1 reviews not allowed yet by MS). The review of the PS4/PC version of the game also said that the PS4 version is really close to PC on high settings and there really isn't any difference unless you are really looking for it.

In short... will pick up the crappy looking 30 fps current gen version today... play it... have fun... rank up... and anxiously await Nov. 22!
jeffk
AG
quote:
So mine hasnt shipped from amazon yet, wtf?

Mine from MS isn't showing that it is shipped yet either. Talked with customer support and they mentioned that shipping information is updating slowly for some unknown reason and to contact them again if it didn't change by the end of the day today.
jr15aggie
AG
Why did you go with the MS store, for the upgrade deal for the XB1 version? No gamestop near you?

Say what you want about gamestop, they annoy me too, but when you have one less than 10 minutes from your house you really can't beat them. I would have preferred to have my XB1 day 1 edition through them. As it is, I'll be waiting for Mr. FedEx (amazon) on launch day.

EDIT: Was it suppose to be a launch day delivery?

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 10/29/2013 9:33a).]
jeffk
AG
I hate the Gamestop near my house - employees are ******rs. I also have a MS store near me and had some MS credit I wanted to spend.

Not a huge deal if I don't get it today as I'm swamped at work, but it's a little annoying that it's held up.
Phat32
AG
Heading over to GameStop in a little while. Excited for my evening.
jr15aggie
AG
Official Launch MP trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl-VV9loYLw&feature=youtu.be

ROFL... pretty sure they dubbed in the "PROMOTED!!!" guy when the 4 wheeler jumps out of the falling vehicle!
Pilmer
AG
So, the reload is the same as it was in the beta for Normal mode.
Baskin
AG
That kinda sucks, ammo box ftw I guess.
Pilmer
AG
I don't know, I kinda like it. I spent an entire map creatively coming up with ways to kill people once I was out of ammo, haha.
AG
Installing content....
maroonbleeder
AG
JR15,

I was going to post that link too! I heard the exact same thing you did with "The Noob" on the 4-wheeler.

Awesome video. Can't wait to get on tonight!
herb96
AG
Getting convinced to pick this up after work. What's the deal about the $10 upgrade?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
So, the reload is the same as it was in the beta for Normal mode.

What about Hardcore? Do you at least get an ammo counter to help out with this? If not I am going to perpetually be out of ammo!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Getting convinced to pick this up after work. What's the deal about the $10 upgrade?

You have to be a gamestop pro member or whatever (like $15 per year & you get 10% extra on trade-ins used games cost 10% less... oh and you get gameinformer mag). After that you buy BF4 on 360, they will email you a coupon, you get BF4 on XB1 for $10 when you bring in 360 version and the coupon.
maroonbleeder
AG
I watched a few videos on Youtube, and it looked to me like you did not lose ammo from the mag when you dropped it. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought.
OldArmy07
AG
Since some of the newer xbox games (GTA V, Halo 4) have coded their games to load more efficiently by having some content installed to the drive and some content pulled from the disk, I thought this may be helpful for some of you:

Install the mandatory HD content, then back out to the dashboard and install the rest of the disk to your HDD to improve load times, just as we could do in BF3.

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide

quote:
As with many Xbox 360 titles, in addition to the required installation each disc can be installed to your hard drive to minimize game disc access and improve load times.

These additional installations are not required, but doing so can further improve and speed up your Battlefield 4 experience.
The Multiplayer Disc, or Disc 1, has an additional 6.6 GB of content
The Single Player Disc, or Disc 2, has 5.8 GB of installation content
Note: Be sure you install the mandatory installation content before you try installing each game disc’s content.
If you do try to install the optional disc-content before the required game data installation, your install will stop before completion, and ask you to install again.
If your install does fail due to installing content in the incorrect order, your second or subsequent attempts at installing the required content should complete successfully.
AG
This is weird. Feels so (no pun intended) foreign...
Pilmer
AG
I didn't spend time to figure out the menus last night, or play hardcore. I just clicked quick match. It definitely felt like I hadn't played in a while. I'm gonna be on after work til the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully some of you guys will be on later, unlock some of the basics with me. My guy has one gun per kit right now...pretty rough.
OldArmy07
AG
I played a few minutes of hardcore. Don't recall seeing an ammo counter, but I may be wrong. Map is off by default, but you can pull up the big one by holding start.

I keep hitting the back button to check the score but it brings up the battle log now. Hold start to bring up score and the big map option.

Graphics are about the same as bf3, but it feels like there is a lot more going on. And the blue tint is gone too. Finally.
Ranger222
AG
Some PC gaming highlights.

Don't watch if you can't wait to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPYD3B4sas

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.