******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,848 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
tate504
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got this today and cannot connect to the servers at all. I know they are having issues but is anyone not able to play at all? On xboxone

[This message has been edited by Tate504 (edited 12/2/2013 9:22p).]
Risky101
S
quote:
I just got this today and cannot connect to the servers at all. I know they are having issues but is anyone not able to play at all? On xboxone

[This message has been edited by Tate504 (edited 12/2/2013 9:22p).]

I'm dealing with the same crap. The only servers I get in to are team/squad deathmatch and domination. It pisses me off because I play Battlefield for the teamwork required to be consistently successful. Those game modes don't require that...
jeffk
AG
I've found that the TDM and Domination servers always work, Rush servers almost always work, small conquest and obliteration servers work about half the time and I've yet to be able to get in a game of large conquest.
HossAg
AG
Meanwhile in COD... Sorry I just had to throw that out there. I own both and ghosts is way better for 360
jeffk
AG
The match-making system has always been better in COD games than in BF games. It's the gameplay style that people choose between.

FWIW, I enjoy both franchises and own BF4 at that moment and will probably pick up Ghosts sometime after the New Year (along with Black Flag).
jr15aggie
AG
BF4 is a mess!!! Played last night (domination) no problem and had a really good time and so did the rest of the Aggies that got on.

But the constant party chat problems are BF4 related and the inability to search for servers (server browser has never worked for me) to play with your group are big deals. I think we are use to BF not being the smoothest experience... couple that with a new console launch and we are pretty forgiving of it's issues. It doesn't keep me from enjoying the game.

Not giving it the benefit of the doubt though, yeah, it's got big problems. Let's put it this way...when the 360 launched I was able to play Halo 2 with friends still on the old Xbox with less problems than BF4 has now.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 12/3/2013 10:28a).]
Ovaltine
in the server browser, make sure you check off "official" for the server type, never worked for me on ps4 until i did that.
HossAg
AG
I really dislike the maps in this game for some reason. Maybe the crappy 360 graphics are just blinding me, but I liked the bf3 maps a lot better. Flooded and dawnbreaker just absolutely suck. On any mode without helicopters, Hainan Resort sucks because people just camp those elevators at the top.
Agmaniacmike12
12 v. 12 is really tough to go back to after playing Conquest Large. Maps are pretty average in my opinion, I love the look of the China Rising maps, reminds me of BF:BC2 jungle maps, a rekindling of the Vietnam tradition in the series.
Aggietaco
AG
The CR maps are already out?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The CR maps are already out?

Now that you say that, I think Dec 3 was the day. I need to enter my code and download I guess.
Ovaltine
CR is only out for Premium members and preorders today.

[This message has been edited by Ovaltine (edited 12/3/2013 12:58p).]
jeffk
AG
quote:
There's no way to buy the expansions without premium right now, is there?

Anyone know the answer to this regarding the second assault map pack?
jeffk
AG
Nevermind, got it working.

[This message has been edited by jeffk (edited 12/3/2013 1:28p).]
OldArmy07
AG
quote:
Anyone know the answer to this regarding the second assault map pack?

Second Assault is Premium only for the time being.

Just buy premium. If you play this as much as we did BF3, it will be worth it.
Joe Cole
I also liked the BF3 maps better, I think it was because of the European theme

I had no intention of buying premium, but sure is tempting. How long til Second Assault if available for individual purchase ?
Kampfers
AG
I'm strongly considering premium, but I don't know if it's worth it this time. My game came with a code for the China Rising expansion, so all I would get for now is Second Assault. By the time the next expansion is scheduled to drop (spring 2014), Titanfall will be out or just around the corner.
3rdGenAg06
AG
Xbox One on the way guys; thanks for the feedback!
It's a gift from the wife, so see y'all on the 25th!
jeffk
AG
Any of you premium members want to sell me your China Rising code? I didn't preorder so I didn't get a code with my game. They're going for about $5 on eBay.

PM me or my email is in profile.
Aggietaco
AG
If you still need one, PM me and I'll send you mine.
jeffk
AG
Cool. PM sent.
Joe Cole
friend and I are always debating headshots in the game. He sent me this battle report showing he was 3-3 in a game, but won the faceoff award with 10 headshots

Can someone explain?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/2/408084954954235456/356639385/

edit: just googled it and saw a thread about same thing. Chalk it up to another of the many glitches in game?

[This message has been edited by Joe Cole (edited 12/4/2013 8:31a).]
maroonbleeder
AG
Where the hell is everyone on XBOX one? Brand new game and nobody is playing!

Playing with randoms sucks.
jr15aggie
AG
Is China Rising only available for Premium right now??? I thought with the code we would all get the DLC right away if you pre-ordered. Keeps prompting me to buy premium when I try and download after entering the code.

And sorry Texag, I've personally just been busy lately and haven't been on a whole lot. But yes, we need more guys playing BF4!
Ovaltine
Yep, CR is Premium only.
OldArmy07
AG
TexAg - I'll probably be on tonight for a while ~8pm ct.
jeffk
AG
I should be on more the next few nights... but I'm a non-premium poor at the moment.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I should be on more the next few nights... but I'm a non-premium poor at the moment.

Me to brother... I haven't had a problem when the other guys are playing premium maps and I miss out. Just the way it is. But we can all group up as needed. Been playing a lot of domination lately... would like to play some Conquest or Obliteration... something to change it up a bit.

I'll try and get on tonight but I've got the typical holiday cold/allergy voice issues so I might not be very talkative.
jeffk
AG
My baby is in the stage where he just makes noises nonstop, so I may just put my headset on him.
Kampfers
AG
Obliteration is a lot of fun. I ought to be on tonight as well.
OldArmy07
AG
At least in a few weeks we'll all be able to play together. Premium maps are great so far.
herb96
AG
Going to be on after the first pick 6 by the Texans.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Going to be on after the first pick 6 by the Texans.

Why I love the XB1... Snap TV between games or during and I can sorta watch football and play BF.
jr15aggie
AG
I present an oldie but a goodie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_17Uvfwes&list=TLWS9AeMAk4MFxyTGcjkVjF5c-_l1Pb7bn
GoneForGood
I'm STILL having freezing issues, more so now since the "patch". Anyone else having this issue?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.