******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,658 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
OldArmy07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The video is also raw data that isn't changed by tv settings, so maybe you need to change the settings on the tv? There is an HDTV configuration thing on the xb1 that worked out pretty close to the setup I found for my tv online
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm not even referring to fuzziness or anything like that, quite simply the grass and character detail is noticably higher.
3rdGenAg06
AG
The detail could still be due to your display - monitor vs. TV? Maybe the sharpness setting on your TV? Try plugging you XB into your monitor and see how it looks.
Kampfers
AG
Is I SLY MBT anyone on here? Just got a new follower out of the blue today
Madmarttigan
AG
Clearly because of your elite skillset.
HossAg
AG
It always looks better when it's condensed into a smaller viewing area
jr15aggie
AG
-

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 12/11/2013 9:17a).]
HossAg
AG
You are a pretty good commentator bro
OE_Ag11
AG
Anyone on tonight?

go ahead and add my gamertag to the list for Xbox one. Also I am premium also

alexthapyro

[This message has been edited by oe_ag11 (edited 12/10/2013 10:09p).]
easttexasaggie04
AG
For some reason I'm unable to watch the SkyDrive videos
OE_Ag11
AG
The other one to notice is the sky drive data does show your actual name so you might keep that in mind when posting places
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, good call on the skydrive stuff. That's why my other videos I uploaded to youtube. Will probably stick with youtube in the future (I think we'll be able to directly upload to youtube in the future). I probably won't post a ton of videos online... I see it mostly useful for highlights of Aggie vs. Aggie violence when we are on opposite teams.
OE_Ag11
AG
Yeah figured not many would be on here looking for trouble.

y'all going to be playing tonight? I gave up last night because no matter what I picked on the quick menu it would go to team deathmatch and then I'd get kicked about 90% through the game
jeffk
AG
Probably be online tonight and tomorrow night.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll try and get on tonight (probably later). I'll be hunting this weekend so tonight may be my last chance for several days.

Actually, I don't go hunting... I go killing!
Joe Cole
so are you guys loving your XB1s ?
Madmarttigan
AG
No complaints here.

Appears that Xbox one and PS4 are fairly neck and neck in sales, but Xbone took 18 days vs 15 to reach the 2 million mark. This is despite the fact that the internet has basically done all it can to pound Xbone into the ground. I have never seen so much negative publicity and PS4 with all of its AMAZING hardware can still barely outsell it. I will be very interested to see the numbers after christmas, especially since I think xbox is preferred by a lot of younger kids. I'm sure the butthurt with the ps4 crowd will be entertaining if xbone ever surpasses PS4 in sales.

The graphics increase is really really nice. I think the UI could use some improvements, especially with party and friends list management. I won't go as far to say "love" until the new kinect sports comes out and I get to test out how good the new kinect really is. It has already impressed me quite a bit with the new Xbox fitness feature (although I can't get it to read my heart rate).

I do love voice commands so I can take my laziness to the next level .
OE_Ag11
AG
Y'all on tonight? I haven't got it working.

on top of that all my campaign awards and unlocks are gone
Kampfers
AG
I give up. BF4 is infinitely stupid for parties. I had party chat enabled, then when it kicked me to dash, it somehow disabled party chat. Now no matter what I do, it still won't enable it (including quitting bf4 and even ejecting the disc). This game is seriously broken.
Saxsoon
AG
Honestly, I thought publicity was a lot worse for the PS3 when it came out. I wasn't a Sony person at the time and even I thought it was brutal. They were universally despised for that horrendous $600 price tag.
Saxsoon
AG
It just seems worse because of the social media.
Pman17
AG
Finally got my Xbox One and BF4. I added all of the guys on the Xbox One list. So far, I love my Xbox One. The TV stuff is great! Although, it feels like a beta to me. I think the friends list stuff is too slow and an awful interface. Seems like a lot of this stuff in being done in the cloud. I definitely need a better TV. An old 720p TV doesn't look so good with the system. Kinect is 100Xs better than the old. I can see why Microsoft included it.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
It just seems worse because of the social media.

Everything seems worse with social media. People rarely jump on the bandwagon for something like "hey, just letting everybody know this person/thing is really nice"... but if somebody or something rubs a certain group the wrong way, watch out!!!!
Pilmer
AG
I've updated the list of names, if anyone doesn't see their name, let me know and I'll fix the problem.

I should be on this evening.
Madmarttigan
AG
Xmas break starts tonight. I will see you gentlemen on the battlefield.

I'm going to start forcing yall to stop watching TV and hop on .
Aggietaco
AG
Took me a while to realize I was talking to myself, Kampfers.

Since I figured out that I needed to join a party and enable party chat before booting BF4, I've never had an issue. But power cycling and joining the party (and enabling chat) before starting anything else should be the fix.

But I've also had some issues with my mic not being recognized, even though the mute light will light up.
jr15aggie
AG
Keep in mind, BF3 was also really bad about randomly booting people from party chat on the 360. So while I'm hopeful that MS fixes some of it's issues with the XB1, I'm pretty sure BF4 and future versions will constantly find ways to mess it all up!!!

Thinking about it, BF3 & 4 are probably the most glitchy games I've played in the past 5 years. It's a good thing I'm usually having to much fun to care.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 12/12/2013 11:36a).]
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah you have to be completely out of the game to get party chat to turn on in my experience.

I'm also a little confused as to why you aren't just automatically in party chat like the 360 but whatever.

UI needs major overhaul with respect to party and friends.

[This message has been edited by tv1113 (edited 12/12/2013 11:42a).]
Kampfers
AG
Well the problem is most certainly with BF4, not the party system itself. I was reading up on it the other day but can't find the link now. Hopefully EA will finally patch BF4 to fix that (and the fact that you get dropped constantly, and the fact that the sound glitches out, and the weapon damage bug, etc etc etc).

Regardless, for whatever reason last night, I tried all the fixes and it didn't want to work. Eventually gave up and went to play FIFA.
OE_Ag11
AG
Haha gave up and started playing forza and who was the next person I had to beat for the lap times, kampfers. That was pretty random and unlikley
jeffk
AG
Anyone else had your XB1 randomly drop people from your friends list? I've had to go back and re-add people to my friends list occasionally.

Also, for whatever reason, my mic wasn't working at all last night until I went into the kinect settings and switched ON the "use kinect mic for chat" option and then switched it back OFF. Then I could randomly not here certain people in our party. I thought Donde was losing his mind for a while talking to no one, but then realized that Aguas was in the party but I couldn't hear him. (He wasn't muted even though he wasn't my friend.)
Kampfers
AG
BF4 patch is rolling out. Supposedly it will fix a lot of the issues that drop you from games, the glitch where you lose ambient sound on large conquest maps, and will deal with the party woes. Fingers crossed.
Kampfers
AG
BF4 patch is rolling out. Supposedly it will fix a lot of the issues that drop you from games, the glitch where you lose ambient sound on large conquest maps, and will deal with the party woes. Fingers crossed.
Ovaltine
That same patch for PS4 dropped 2 days ago and made things worse, random crash wise. It did manage to fix the audio bug and EMP bug, though.
Aggietaco
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.