******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

85,855 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jeffk
OldArmy07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hold down the start button for the map.

Hardcore is good because it doesn't take a full mag to kill someone. You probably have to be a better shot in HC than SC because if you don't get the jump on them you will get **** first.

If they made the HUD show where your team mates were on screen (not map) before you zoom in to shoot them and add a mag/ammo counter I'd be happy.
Madmarttigan
AG
Actually I forgot to mention my biggest complaint. The team killing is ridiculous especially with the sporting issues you should know immediately if they are friend or foe.
jr15aggie
AG
I've watched a lot of the PS4 footage to check out the "spotting issue". Looks like there isn't any problem seeing green guys (your squad) at all times. When you have line of sight on blue guys (your team) they show up quickly as well. But it's the red guys (enemy) that don't get spotted right away... this is obviously because they don't want the red name tag giving away enemy positions just because you are looking in their general direction. So it goes back to the old rule "if they ain't blue or green shoot them". The 360 problem is that we don't see friendlies!!!

You can tell Dice released 5 versions of the game

And my vote is also softcore right now. There is a chance I could change my mind later on, but right now it's too disorienting not knowing the maps and the 360 glitches make it that much more frustrating.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 10/30/2013 1:52p).]
OldArmy07
AG
Softcore and the damn spotting doritos really take away tactical options.
Ovaltine
spotting has been gimped in softcore. smoke actually removes the doritos now as well.
maroonbleeder
AG
Softcore for me too.

I think BF4's version of softcore is actually somewhere in the middle of BF3 softcore and hardcore anyway, if that makes sense. You kill and die faster in BF4 softcore than in BF3 softcore.

Down the road, I am fine with migrating over to hardcore.

My $.02
jeffk
AG
quote:
Your reading comprehension sucks, keester.

Aggie was wrong about the Gamestop membership. You only have to be signed up with the rewards card (free) to do the $10 swap. The promotions online read that way and I confirmed when I swapped out my Xbone pre-order and picked up my 360 copy yesterday.

Then the GS ******r lied to me. He was adamant that I had to get the $15 membership to get the trade-in. So I went to BB instead. Did I mention my local GS is a craphole?

And MS was apologetic, but unhelpful. They said they had so many pre-orders that not all could be shipped on time. I told them that was poor planning and dishonest business on their part and I would make sure to never pre-order from them again and urge others to do the same.

Anyway, I have the game and will be installing when I get home and online tonight.
Thriller
AG
Asked and answered before, I'm sure. If you wanted to systematically improve at this game, how would you go about it? Assume a little experience with bf3 and CoD but I'm not good.

Tag up with somebody and play a support role? Just flat out play more? I'm open to all suggestions. What would you do if you were starting from "scratch", knowing what you know now?

I really enjoy this style of game over CoD which are fun but just different.
Phat32
AG
Thriller:

1. Don't worry about K/D like you would in COD. The MVP of a match usually doesn't have the most kills. Focus on the objective.

2. Go for objectives constantly and relentlessly. Don't get sidetracked trying to get your favorite helicopter or boat.

3. Stick around other people. It's easy to get killed by yourself in this game.

4. Figure out the vehicles, especially the tanks. These are easy ways to capture and hold objectives.

5. Move a bunch. You'd be amazed how many kills you can get by flanking opponents or sneaking up on a tank.

6. Learn each class. Each has a role, and figure out how you like to play with each one. Do you want to hang back? Do you want to help other players in a vehicle?

I could go on and on, but hopefully this can get you going.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would be perfectly fine with the current spotting and hardcore situation if there was no friendly fire. With no minimap and getting grenaded/shot by teammates I can't play hardcore as it stands. At least 25% of my deaths were FF. I definitely killed my share of teammates as well. You shouldn't have to press a button to spot before shooting. Ally Doritos need to be blatantly obvious before scrolling over them.
GoneForGood
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF BATTLEFIELD!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Softcore for me too.

Maybe you and I just need to go back to COD..... "It's peanut butter jelly time!!!!!!!!!!!"
Baskin
AG
I'm liking this "softcore" love, although in the business we like to call it "Normal" mode.

Thriller, do what Rasher said, don't necessarily worry about getting kills, just play the objective. I was a God-awful shot when BF3 came out, and I'm still not the most accurate guy in the world, but I improved immensely just by running around the map from objective to objective. The killing-people aspect will come with time.

Another way you can help your team is to help take out vehicles. Rock a stinger and badger choppers, roll recon and laser designate any enemy vehicle you can.

If you feel like putting in some time to really work on your shooting accuracy, play some Domination. It's more close-quarters and has less (no?) vehicles compared to Conquest, so you'll constantly have enemies to draw a bead on.

Lastly, Teamwork is huge in BF. I'd rather take on 4 good shots working independently than 4 n00bs working as a cohesive, organized team.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
If you wanted to systematically improve at this game, how would you go about it?

Long Answer
Good suggestions already given... another thought to go along with all that is "think support". Every class has a role to support others.

Assault = Heal/Revive
Support = Ammo
Engineer = Repair Vehicles
Recon = Spotting and Locking Vehicles with lasers.

Worry about those roles first. Doing that will have you following teammates closely and will make for an all around better experience. As you get better you can start focusing on offense (and BF4 has a great training grounds where you can practice in all the vehicles). Once you are seasoned, you will have a good feel for when to go cap an objective, when your teammates need some support, etc.

The good thing about playing with TexAgs guys is that we are usually winning by a large margin and it leaves us plenty of time to jack around and have some fun / experiment.

Short Answer
Jihad Jeeps! Friggin Jihad Jeeps all day!!!!

Jihad Tutorial

Jihad Jeep the Trailer
OldArmy07
AG
I'll be playing hardcore until all of you little *****es figure out the maps and get tired of emptying your mags into the little red doritos on the other side of the map.
Madmarttigan
AG
Lol aim for the head noob
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
...emptying your mags into the little red doritos...

Hey, they got a RB reserved as the "spot" button for a reason. It's the way the devs want the game played!!!
Madmarttigan
AG
No one ever answered my question about this battlelog remote login business and what it is for?
Madmarttigan
AG
No one ever answered my question about this battlelog remote login business and what it is for?
Madmarttigan
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
I hate my phone
Pilmer
AG
At some point you will be able to be a commander from a remote location and help out your friends via commander mode on your tablet.

At some point you will be able to be a commander from a remote location and help out your friends via commander mode on your tablet.

Baskin
AG
I wonder if my boss will notice when I take my iPad with me into the bathroom for my morning deuce...
Pilmer
AG
No, but I'm sure your boss will notice when it takes an hour and a half.
Madmarttigan
AG
What about on a phone!
Ag8556
AG
I also got nailed by the Microsoft Store shipping delay. Got a notice this morning that the game has shipped. Looks like they are using UPS Overnight shipping now instead of normal ground.

Crossing my fingers it will show up by tomorrow afternoon.
OldArmy07
AG
quote:
Lol aim for the head noob

Can't see it through the dorito.
Saxsoon
AG
Screw you guys, now I need to go pick this up on PS3 after hearing all the fun y'all are having.

[This message has been edited by Marsuvees (edited 10/30/2013 7:32p).]
OldArmy07
AG
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJUKN99fW_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTJUKN99fW_k%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

Xbox 360 vs Xbox one BF4 single player comparison. Very substantial difference!
gigemaggies88
Twice my tank got blown up by a cruise missile.
jr15aggie
AG
^^^ Cruise missile? Is that from the commander? I was gonna try commander the other day but it kicks you out of the lobby and I didn't want to lose my spot.

Played "Normal" with maniac after I got home from work yesterday... my gosh that was so much better than hardcore. Seems like the damage model has been redone from BF3 and killing guys doesn't take as many shots. I wasn't able to play last night but I saw on smart glass that lots of y'all were playing. Did y'all play normal or hardcore?
jeffk
AG
Normal for the most part.

They need to fix the lack of a queue quickly.
gigemaggies88
not sure where they came from, tank explodes you die and screen said cruise missle, no warning like being locked onto..
Ovaltine
Those are tomahawks that the commander has access to. If you are killed by one, be proud.
OldArmy07
AG
The game does a good job of putting you on the same team as your friends, and in the same squad in most cases.

Once they fix the queue, it will actually work pretty well. I don't think we'll miss the pre-game party all that much as long as it keeps working the way it is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.