******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,098 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trading in my copy on Thursday night or Friday. Planning to keep the 360 and relegate it to study netflix use. Still need to finish Borderlands anyway.
jr15aggie
AG
Probably trade in on Thursday and get all my games for Friday. I'm most likely taking off work Friday if I can get all my stuff done.

I still find it extremely funny that I'm super excited for a new console, am getting 3 games, but the one I will play the most is the one I'm already playing on my 360!!! But hey, 64 players and 60 FPS!!!!!
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I still find it extremely funny that I'm super excited for a new console, am getting 3 games, but the one I will play the most is the one I'm already playing on my 360!!! But hey, 64 players and 60 FPS!!!!!

Start tempering your expectations right now... as someone that was excited to get to play BF4 with 64 players on a console, I quickly learned that we're beta testers for this game.

Even with the supposed patch yesterday to the servers it's still not working on the PS4. Even if the 64 player conquest servers did start to pop up, I'm not sure how well they'd take the load of double the players compared to the current 32 player limit. To me, this isn't a PS of Xbox fail.. but an issue with EA and Dice releasing an unfinished product to beat CoD: Ghosts out the door.
Madmarttigan
AG
EA would never push an unfinished product out the door.

On the other hand, I have obtained all sniper rifles, but I may never use one again... I don't know why I can't get into sniping or the DMRs in this game.
jeffk
AG
Mike is already level 51!?!?!?!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Start tempering your expectations right now...

Let me be the first to say, we thank you PS4 players for beta testing the next gen version for us. We look forward to the full experience this Friday!

Seriously though, I think our expectations are in check. The 360 version is all sorts of buggy and I'll be surprised if the XB1 version comes out day 1 in better shape. I am looking forward to the pretty single player campaign as well as a few other launch games, so I can be patient for a couple of weeks, but Dice better get their crap together in the very near future.

Here's a thought... if the MP game is really messed up still, will MS get a refund for the timed DLC (first on Xbox) they paid for???
Agmaniacmike12
Played the PS4 version last night and only froze when Hainan Resort came up in the rotation. Next-gen is so smooth and it seems like input lag is negligible. Only big issue, and it is a big issue in the short term, is the lack of conquest servers. I will be interested to see if the X1 version has the same issue given EA's statement blaming the firmware update for the issues with CQ. On a side note, I'm really impressed with the UI for the PS4 and also the controller has been much improved for FPS games.
Pilmer
AG
Got my XBOX ONE copy of BF4, gonna entertain myself with these crappy PS4 games for a couple days.
jr15aggie
AG
Maniac.... your PS4 or a friends???
Eraserhead Ag
My copy was delivered today. Time to patiently stare at it for the next 2 and a half days

[This message has been edited by Eraserhead Ag (edited 11/19/2013 5:39p).]
jr15aggie
AG
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L90DibXzunI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DL90DibXzunI

The new Metro on XB1!!! Um... Yes... Absofreakinlutely!
Eraserhead Ag
Whoa... IN!
Saxsoon
AG
Just a playful ribbing with JR from a comment earlier in the thread, but the PS4 group just hit 20. Now if we could only squad up.
LeftyHound
AG
That burning grass tho
Agmaniacmike12
My PS4 for now. I decided to bite on some good B1G1/ B2G1 deals on Amazon last week and kept my PS4 pre-order I originally was going to cancel. I'll be getting about a week to test it out and try Killzone, Knack, and BF4 and see how things run on it. I plan on selling it and the games to finance my XB1 and I'll have a good benchmark on seeing which one I prefer.
jeffk
AG
Not a huge fan of Metro on BF3 - the choke points underground were just too easily controlled IMO. Looks like they changed that up quite a bit for BF4 though. Should be a fun map to run around and flank the campers on.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Just a playful ribbing with JR from a comment earlier in the thread, but the PS4 group just hit 20. Now if we could only squad up.

If only everybody on this board could have the ability to tease back and forth and not get their panties in a wad!

Seeing the metro map really makes me want to get Premium now. They obviously put some effort into these new maps and the "levolution" is much more practical and useful. I'll be strong though... will probably really enjoy the first 2 or 3 map packs, but after that I'll probably be into other games. Don't want to waste another $50, so I'll probably stick with buying one map pack at a time.
Agmaniacmike12
Ovaltine= Jerk Stanley from BF3 thread
OldArmy07
AG
1 more night before we're all complaining about the servers being offline!
jeffk
AG
Game upgraded at Best Buy for $14.

Employees took about 20 minutes to figure out the steps though as it was the first time they've done a trade-up for a game.
Aggietaco
AG
Wife's out with her mom tonight, one last hurrah with BF4 on the 360.
Madmarttigan
AG
I must remember to bring bf4 with me to work tomorrow to trade it in when I pick up the xbone. I must I must I must!
Agmaniacmike12
Conquest is gonna be such a mess if it is even remotely comparable to PS4.

Good thing most everybody enjoys Domination because I expect that to be the only mode stable enough to play consistently.

Operation Locker Obliteration is pure gold:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/403639696993105728/936665597/

Thanks to EA COO Peter Moore on being a total ******:

http://pixelenemy.com/ea-coo-peter-moore-states-battlefield-4-issues-on-ps4-arent-true/
Madmarttigan
AG
I thought there just wasn't 64 player cq, didn't realize all that was going on. Please don't suck on the Xbox bf4
Madmarttigan
AG
New update rolled in today. Looks like it is supposed to help with crashes. This is probably coming in right as we switch to xbone and get to enjoy crashing all over again.
agfan2013
AG
Guys take it from a PS4 player, this game isn't anywhere close to where it should be. The PC guys told us it was a mess and we didn't believe it, now we are telling you. Lots of bugs/glitches and crashes back to the dashboard.

I will say they made a few server updates and it did work well for me yesterday so here hoping tonight works just a well. And yes it is really disappointing that the max count is 32 players right now since the 64 person conquest is all but unplayable right now.

jr15aggie
AG
Sounds like my first launch day console experience might be an interesting one! Screw it, I'm still excited. I'll play Ryse & BF4 single player and enjoy it... that's how crazy I am!!!
Saxsoon
AG
Had no issues last night but still can't get 64 player conquest.
Ag8556
AG
I am downloading the update to my XBox now. 265 MB Multiplayer Update 2.
Kampfers
AG
Added everyone (except Pman, couldn't find you in the app) in anticipation of the xb1 drop.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Guys take it from a PS4 player, this game isn't anywhere close to where it should be. The PC guys told us it was a mess and we didn't believe it, now we are telling you. Lots of bugs/glitches and crashes back to the dashboard.

I will say they made a few server updates and it did work well for me yesterday so here hoping tonight works just a well. And yes it is really disappointing that the max count is 32 players right now since the 64 person conquest is all but unplayable right now.

This isn't a Xbox vs. PS comment, but part of me hopes it's also a bumpy start for the Xbox crew just so EA can feel the blowback from yet another botched launch. This company needs to rot.
Madmarttigan
AG
Ea sucks but will probably never fall.

Two most important questions. Does bf4 work and how is the controller
Aggietaco
AG
I hate Gamestop.

Have to wait for the ****ers to call me back with the trade-in coupon since they linked my e-mail address with some other awesome kid with my name in Jacksonville, FL.
Pilmer
AG
Hahahahah. Your name is a retread.
Aggietaco
AG
False, the kid whose card number I stole was born in the 90's.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.