******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,103 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks!
Fightintxag03
Fightintxag - Xbone
Madmarttigan
AG
Where the heck have you been on xbone mike.
jeffk
AG
ANyone seen any Cyber Monday deals on BF4 Premium?

I may be in the market.
degreedy
AG
^^^

I'd be interested in this as well.
OldArmy07
AG
Doubt premium goes on sale for the XB1 or 360. PC, yes, but I don't think it was ever on sale for BF3 until all of the xpacks had been released.
Aggietaco
AG
Just wrap your kid in paper towels for a week and spend his diaper money on premium.
jr15aggie
AG
I have 2 problems keeping me away from BF4 Premium:

1. I'm pretty sure I'll go all-in for Titanfall and get premium/season pass/whatever they call it.

2. BF4, although it is awesome, is broken in so many areas. I have not once been able to browse & find a server... it is always quick match or join on a friend. The audio glitches are everywhere, trying to join an XB Live party while in game never works, and game crashes are a common occurrence.
OldArmy07
AG
JR - I'm sure you got the memo on this one already, but Party chat only works in BF4 if you join it before you launch BF4.

Otherwise, don't be a *****. Drop the $50 and play the second assault/China Rising maps with your TexAgs friends.
Aggietaco
AG
Also, I may be in the minority, but I haven't noticed any issues joing games. Sometimes the server browser doesn't seem to act right and there is the occasional audio drop, but for the most part, I've been trouble free.
Risky101
S
Last night, quick match kept putting me into squad/team deathmatch games when I was trying to join conquest. That got old pretty quick.
Pilmer
AG
quote:
Last night, quick match kept putting me into squad/team deathmatch games when I was trying to join conquest. That got old pretty quick.

I think it does this when you move the cursor down after you don't immediately get thrown in to a conquest game.
Ovaltine
So how has the Kinect head tracking worked out?

The PS4 using the controllers gyros sucks pretty bad.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Just wrap your kid in paper towels for a week and spend his diaper money on premium.

We've already invested a pretty penny in cloth diapers. I'll have to cut costs somewhere else.
Aggietaco
AG
Baby food. Just chew up your veggies and feed him little birdy style.
OldArmy07
AG
quote:
I'll have to cut costs somewhere else.

Send the wife and kid to live with your in-laws.
jeffk
AG
All good ideas. I'm making a list so keep them coming.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
So how has the Kinect head tracking worked out?

head tracking while you drive is bull**** - it works decently enough but it was impossible to get used to, so I disabled it.

Leaning out from behind cover, however, works very well, and I use it fairly frequently.
Ovaltine
cool to hear! i had high hopes for the freelooking in choppers. maybe they'll refine it in the next game.
HossAg
AG
I don't know about next gen and pc, but I just picked up the 360 version and it sucks. Graphics are so bad and grainy. Can't even see enemies because of it. Back to call of duty where I can enjoy much better graphics and 60 fps, along with consistent hit boxes. I actually like bf3 on 360, but this game is a joke
OldArmy07
AG
Next Gen is 100% better. Almost always a bad idea to buy a title on a last gen system that was built/optimized for newer platforms.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I agree that it sucks on the 360. Buy Pilmer's XB1 and join us.
Aggietaco
AG
Head tracking works perfect for me, I just have to get used to the aiming reticle moving around the screen as I free look since I never did in the prior BF series.
HossAg
AG
I'll pick up next gen once I get in and out of college. Too much of a distraction during college
Pilmer
AG
lol.
Ovaltine
some of my best college memories were 8 man Halo 2 tournaments between dorm rooms. get your priorities straight.
HossAg
AG
Ha laugh all you want Pilmer. My dad got me hooked on this site when he introduced me to pick off. Yeah I remember playing halo 2 when I was like 8 or 9.
HossAg
AG
And priorities straight for me is getting pretty much all A's in college.
Agmaniacmike12
Not gonna lie, I wish I had done the same thing while I was in school.
HossAg
AG
Halo 2 tournaments?
Risky101
S
quote:
quote:

I think it does this when you move the cursor down after you don't immediately get thrown in to a conquest game.

Nope, it did it to me at least a dozen times in a row.
HossAg
AG
Yeah quick match sucks on xbox too
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
JR - I'm sure you got the memo on this one already, but Party chat only works in BF4 if you join it before you launch BF4.

Otherwise, don't be a *****. Drop the $50 and play the second assault/China Rising maps with your TexAgs friends.

Yep, I know about the party chat trick... And I will be getting the first few map packs so I can keep playing with the big boys, but I'm not paying up front for them all.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

So glad online gaming (on consoles) didn't exist when I was in school. But we did have Goldeneye on the 64 which was almost as bad when you lived in a dorm. Had to take that crap home before finals one year... They were not happy with me! 4 player split screen on the 20"... You know what I'm talking about.
jeffk
AG
There's no way to buy the expansions without premium right now, is there?
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:

So glad online gaming (on consoles) didn't exist when I was in school. But we did have Goldeneye on the 64 which was almost as bad when you lived in a dorm. Had to take that crap home before finals one year... They were not happy with me! 4 player split screen on the 20"... You know what I'm talking about.

Haha I remember playing split screen on a 17 inch square monitor on the old GameCube when I was little. Don't understand how we even made out what we saw on the screen. Had a lot of good times on that thing though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.