Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,893 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

One change I would have made- use classic rock as the soundtrack like Guardians and Thor Ragnorak did. More badass.
That worked for those movies, but there was still a classic score in those as well. The rock music was targeted to specific scenes, especially in Ragnorak. I don't think that same music from Ragnarok would have worked as well with Thor's entrance to Wakanda in IW, for instance, but the big, booming Avengers theme playing did.
rhutton125
AG
Q&A with the Russo's, many answers here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/
The Shank Ag
rhutton125 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/
That one statement, that Cap led his life with Peggy in an alternate timeline but found his way back to the current original timeline... That's crap. He flatly says, anyone that changes anything in the past would live their life out in a new alternate timeline. We also see that the only way back to the current timeline is through pym particles and the contraption to enter the realm. Straight contradiction of himself.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
wangus12 said:

That's some good observation. I really thought Nebula played an excellent role in the film. Almost a low key main character role because of how much it showed her arc.
The writing in this movie was so tight. Nebula had one of the best lines. Right after she basically burns her arm off while retrieving the power stone, she says to Rhodes, "I wasn't always like this."

(1) She's referring to having a metal arm (obvious)
(2) She is referring to being a hero, working to save the universe even if it means self sacrifice.
(3) Setting up the scene transition to 2014 Nebula with Thanos and Gamora

One 5 word line, lots of depth.

The entire movie is written like that. Very impressed.
Satellite of Love
JayHowdy! said:

CJS4715 said:

I like Falcon, and I thought it made a ton of sense.
But Falcon has zero superhero skills. Do you think that Falcon could have gone toe to toe with Thanos? Without his flying suit and guns he is just another guy, trying to stop an alien invasion. Now, he only has a shield to hide behind as Thanos dropkicks him into next week.

You just described Iron Man and Black Panther as well.

Others that don't have super powers:
Black Widow
Hawk Eye (congrats on the good vision)
Rocket
Gamora
Pepper Pots
Quill (he is half god but that is only used fighting his dad)
Nebula
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The Shank Ag said:

rhutton125 said:

That one statement, that Cap led his life with Peggy in an alternate timeline but found his way back to the current original timeline... That's crap. He flatly says, anyone that changes anything in the past would live their life out in a new alternate timeline. We also see that the only way back to the current timeline is through pym particles and the contraption to enter the realm. Straight contradiction of himself.

He also says in that interview that Cap would have had to make another jump to get back to give the shield to Sam.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Isn't Black Panther effectively enhanced in a similar way to Cap by drinking that potion or whatever it is?
mazag08
AG
So does Is Pepper now Iron Woman? Do we see her much going forward?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Doubt it. We'll more likely get an Ironheart movie.
mslags97
AG
Satellite of Love said:

JayHowdy! said:

CJS4715 said:

But Falcon has zero superhero skills. Do you think that Falcon could have gone toe to toe with Thanos? Without his flying suit and guns he is just another guy, trying to stop an alien invasion. Now, he only has a shield to hide behind as Thanos dropkicks him into next week.

Black Widow
Rocket
Gamora
Pepper Pots
Nebula

Black Panther basically has a super serum in him.
Rocket is a talking raccoon.
Gamora is an alien with ridiculous strength and speed and skills.
Quill, like you said is half-god.
Nebula is half machine.

I'll give you Iron Man and Pepper and Hawkeye. The rest have powers
Satellite of Love
Ranger #007 said:

Isn't Black Panther effectively enhanced in a similar way to Cap by drinking that potion or whatever it is?
True, but without his power suit he isn't much against the alien forces.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Juan Solo
AG
Quill lost immortality by killing Ego.
Satellite of Love
mslags97 said:

Satellite of Love said:

JayHowdy! said:

CJS4715 said:

Black Widow
Rocket
Gamora
Pepper Pots
Nebula

Black Panther basically has a super serum in him.
Rocket is a talking raccoon.
Gamora is an alien with ridiculous strength and speed and skills.
Quill, like you said is half-god.
Nebula is half machine.

I'll give you Iron Man and Pepper and Hawkeye. The rest have powers
BP - why does he wear an enhanced suit? Without it he wouldn't get far in that battle. It saved him many times.
Rocket - So speech is now a super ability?
Being half machine isn't much of a super ability. It's like being half iron man.

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Rocket is genetically engineered. He was designed to have special abilities.
hurleyag
AG
Not to mention he is a brilliant engineer.
Flashdiaz
AG
Most of the avenger humans without super powers have a suit to protect them.
Rocket doesn't but he uses guns, doesn't do much hand to hand.
Hawekeye doesn't but he uses arrows and swords. Probably couldn't take a hard punch.

Capt. America is a non-special suit and he throws his shield around and uses his super soldier powers to fight. Someone normal can't just put on the suit and throw his shield around. Falcon will need an enhanced suit if he's going to be anything other than a normal person in a costume.
Bruce Almighty
AG
We may not even get another Cap movie. The Bucky/Falcon show is probably going to be more street level stuff and not super powered aliens.
TexasAggie_02
AG
The Shank Ag said:

rhutton125 said:

The Quantum GPS allows travel through space and time. Remember when they failed to get the tesseract in 2012, they used it to jump to the base in 1970 New Jersey. They did that without going back to 2023 first. You don't have to have the pad, i think that it more likely serves as an initial gateway and waypoint in space-time back to the prime reality. Cap probably just used the wrist GPS to jump from his life with Peggy back to the Avengers Facility.

It's possible that he could've even had Peggy get him some more Pym Particles once he reached a point in the timeline where they existed.
rhutton125
AG
Right - that's my interpretation as well. Cap lived with Peggy in an alternate reality, and THEN ported back to the "main" timeline to hand off the shield to Sam. The only way this works is if he ported back through sometime without our seeing it - maybe just before they sent young Cap through. (Edit: or like TexasAggie says, maybe the GPS allows him to just pop back in wherever.)

Re: Sam, yes he has no enhanced strength, which is why I always assumed Bucky would wear the shield. Maybe he won't throw it around as much. But he is a highly trained soldier. Watch Civil War again and tell me he has no abilities - that dude takes out soldiers left and right, outmaneuvers Iron Man... pretty much goes untouched, aside from the Spider-Man fight. Also he was on the run with Cap and Black Widow for 2 years, so he definitely picked up some extra skills.

Re: "why don't they just go get a Black Widow from another timeline?" Yes, technically they could do this. But they'd 1) be asking Black Widow to abandon her own timeline, and 2) be dooming that timeline to losing to Thanos, permanently. So while the option is there to swap someone out, you'd be dooming trillions of people. I don't think these characters would do that. Maybe they find some other way to retcon it and bring someone back, but I doubt it. (Gamora is the exception, because she followed Thanos through the dimensions into 2023. That's almost definitely an alternate reality now, where Thanos is dead.)

One more random observation: holy cow, Wanda kicked ass in this one. That was very cool to see.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

Q: How did Thanos bring his army to the future?

A: There is a guy called Maw in his army, he was a great wizard. Thanos himself was a brilliant genius as well. Those two easily reverse engineered and mass produced Pym Particles.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Holy sheet

Howard the Duck was in the final battle

hurleyag
AG
Nice find!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So when I walked into the theatre last night, the lines for concessions were out the door. So I waited until the first 10 minutes of the movie (Tony had just made it back to Earth) and then went. It still took like 20 minutes!

I get back and my buddy tells me, "Dude, they ****ing killed Thanos."

I thought he was joking for like 30 more minutes until I realized.

Definitely going to see this again. Loved everything but the physics behind everything (or as Thor more accurately calls it, space magic). No big deal though, I suspended disbelief and enjoyed it immensely. Best movie of 2019 so far.
JayHowdy!
Flashdiaz said:

Most of the avenger humans without super powers have a suit to protect them.
Rocket doesn't but he uses guns, doesn't do much hand to hand.
Hawekeye doesn't but he uses arrows and swords. Probably couldn't take a hard punch.

Capt. America is a non-special suit and he throws his shield around and uses his super soldier powers to fight. Someone normal can't just put on the suit and throw his shield around. Falcon will need an enhanced suit if he's going to be anything other than a normal person in a costume.
Agree 100%.
wangus12
AG
This is Marvel's breakdown of Falcon's abilities and strengths in the comics.

Quote:

Master Martial Artist: Sam was trained by Captain America in Karate and various other styles of martial arts, making him one of the dangerous fighters in the world. His skills enable him to defeat some of the remarkable trained opponents in the world such as four elite Spetsnaz soldiers at a time and superhumans as strong as the Wrecking Crew members.

Peak Human Condition: Even before his training with Captain America, Sam was in very good shape. After years of intensive and extensive training with Steve, Sam is now above average athlete and has pushed his body to the pinnacle of human condition.
  • Peak Human Strength: Over years of extensive training, Sam's strength is at the maximum limit of human conditioning. He was able to sent Crossbones flying with a single force kick, break steel chains that tied him to a tank, as well as bending a metal bar with his bare hands.
  • Peak Human Endurance: Sam possesses exceptional tolerance to physical pain. He continued to function in spite of him getting chest stabbed from Zemo's sword. He also continued to function after been set on fire from one of A.I.M. agents' flamethrower while ripping off his costume suit.
Master Acrobat: Sam has underwent more rigorous training in gymnastics and acrobatics with Captain America.

Master Aerialist and Flight: Sam is an extraordinary aerialist and flight due to his training with Captain America and to his own experimentation with his "hard light harness." His experience in martial arts, aerialist, and flight has make him one of the best aerial fighters in the world exceeding the skills of other flyers such as Iron Man and Ms. Marvel.

Expert Shield Fighter: Sam is very proficient in the use of Captain America's Shield. He has shown himself to be able to hit several targets from the air with pinpoint accuracy.

Leadership: Sam has lead S.H.I.E.L.D. Super-Agents with proficient tactician and strategist.

Strength level

Before Falcon's training with Captain America, he possesses the strength of a normal human who engages in regular exercise. However, over the years of intensive training with Captain America, he possesses peak human strength. Falcon is strong enough to lift at least twice his body weight and can press lift 480 lbs.

rhutton125
AG
Comics, btw. And some of that seems excessive.

I think Falcon is legit though. He won't be grabbing anyone by the leg and swinging them into a pillar, but he can fly in, shield-slam someone, take flight again, use some uzis maybe, and generally whip around the air without getting touched. Surely they'll find a cool use for the shield without it being the exact same as how Cap did it.
wangus12
AG
Don't worry. I left out that he can telepathically link with birds in the comics
redd38
AG
So who cried in the theater?
FTACO97
AG
redd38 said:

Probably a shorter list to ask who didn't
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
redd38 said:

It was dusty in there dammit. Two times it was pretty sad dusty and one time was awesome dusty. Flippin' oak pollen.
ChimbosAg
AG
FTACO97 said:

redd38 said:

Probably a shorter list to ask who didn't

I was an emotional wreck. I held it together Cause my girlfriend wasn't as big of a marvel nerd as I was.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Champ Bailey said:

So when I walked into the theatre last night, the lines for concessions were out the door. So I waited until the first 10 minutes of the movie (Tony had just made it back to Earth) and then went. It still took like 20 minutes!

I get back and my buddy tells me, "Dude, they ****ing killed Thanos."

I thought he was joking for like 30 more minutes until I realized.

Definitely going to see this again. Loved everything but the physics behind everything (or as Thor more accurately calls it, space magic). No big deal though, I suspended disbelief and enjoyed it immensely. Best movie of 2019 so far.

Poor planning.

Cargo pants can store a lot of snacks. and a bottled drink too. Or the wife's purse.

I never buy their concessions. Load up at the dollar store beforehand.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redd38 said:

My wife did not - she considers this all cartoons so she has no investment. I had already seen it and assumed she would at least tear up a little but nope.

The closest she came to crying was seeing her main heartthrob Thor as a fat drunk. lol.

I leaned over and said - "still got the hots for Thor?"
she said - "nope....i'm out!!!"

i then said - "hey honey.... now i can say i have the body of Thor!!!!!!"
she said - "that's not a good thing"

she laughed a lot and liked it, but no tears and not emotional reaction really.

The Kraken
AG
I've shed tears watching other films but not this one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.