Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

169,951 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only eye-rolling part about the Girl Teamup was when Mantis sauntered up. I still don't know what she does in a fight.
phatpat21
Agreed 100%. When they all started coming out I got teary eyed too. It was so amazing seeing everyone come out man. Dangit that was a great movie
Charlie Conway
rhutton125 said:

The only eye-rolling part about the Girl Teamup was when Mantis sauntered up. I still don't know what she does in a fight.
i didn't even notice it was an all women team until my wife pointed it out
Madmarttigan
AG
I was only wondering why captain marvel would even need help, whatever may be dumb but doesnt take away much from the overall movie.
Living Legend
AG
Charlie Conway said:

rhutton125 said:

i didn't even notice it was an all women team until my wife pointed it out

I didn't notice there was an all women team up until I read this thread. Absolutely LOVED THIS MOVIE. will be seeing it again in imax Sunday and probably another viewing next week.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
rhutton125 said:

Annoy people to death.
Liquid Wrench
atag said:

My theater was dead quiet except for the symphony of sniffles....my God. That movie could have been 6 hours and probably still not been enough.
That was something I noticed today. Not a lot of sniffles, but just how quiet it was. Only a couple of small outbursts. I had to contain myself.
Mr. Nobody
So just think how many creatures would starve to death because of the Avengers' action in this movie...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Take the gotdamn phone.
Mike Elko
AG
SIAP. Anyone else notice Matthew Berry's (Fantasy Football guy) cameo? Wonder how he got that gig.
The Kraken
AG
My wife now says I have a body like Thor!!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Thor dad bods!
Old Jock 1997
AG
I'm not clear how Thanos arrived into the present when he had no infinity stones? Did he just wait for his opportunity?

Great movie. Time flew by. I definitely choked up more than once.
wangus12
AG
Evil 2014 Nebula used good Nebula's Pym particles to jump to the present were she then hijack the time machine to bring Thanos forward to the current timeline
jr15aggie
AG
Old Jock 1997 said:

I'm not clear how Thanos arrived into the present when he had no infinity stones? Did he just wait for his opportunity?

Great movie. Time flew by. I definitely choked up more than once.

He got the red vile of stuff and the wrist guard from future Nebula.
jr15aggie
AG
Really emotional movie, and I'm not a huge comic fanboy. But this really tugged on the emotion strings at multiple points. I guess sometimes a good movie is just good.

I really enjoyed it.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. I'll pay better attention there on the rewatch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So how did she get back?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The problem is there was only one vial left. Nebula used it, there wasn't any left for Thanos. I see it as a plot hole.
wangus12
AG
Maybe they went to Vormire and took BWs vial.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just epicness.

Bruce Almighty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The problem is there was only one vial left. Nebula used it, there wasn't any left for Thanos. I see it as a plot hole.

I don't remember exactly what she did, but when bad Nebula transported to Earth, she messed around with the time machine.
wangus12
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bwk9hDvg0HA
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fairview
AG
Go to google.com. Search Thanos and click on the inifinity gauntlet.
DVC2010
AG
I'm seeing a lot of praise for not hand-waving character deaths away and lots of complaints for fat Thor. I don't think you can have it both ways. Depressed Thor is funny, but it's also showing the consequences the Infinity War had on (at least one of) the survivors. Thor gave up. Those consequences don't just go away. For the same reason you appreciate Vision not magically coming back, I appreciate Thor having to actually deal with his own consequences, even if that is likely to be off screen.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fairview
AG
Love you 3000.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Eliminatus
AG
"I can go all day"

"Yeah, I know"

That one got a huge laugh out of the crowd.

Fantastic movie. Extremely well paced. Great way to end it all. A few less perma deaths than I thought.

Best Part: When the united Earth forces assemble. That scene of them all marching out to meet Thanos, I felt it move.

Worst part: My eye roll was Danvers Haircut when it first showed it. Well, if there weren't meeting the stereotype before, there sure as **** are now! But it is also whatever and I dismissed it within seconds and enojyed the movie.
InternetFan02
AG
They minimized captain marvel and she seemed annoyed that she had to keep coming back to earth. Very detached. Did she create emotional bonds with anyone besides Fury? Good luck with that one in the future.

So Dr Hulk can continue controlling the time machine indefinitely moving forward with new Pym particles and the GPS wristbands? Or are the pym particles all gone? They can just go back and grab pre 2023 Natasha and bring her to modern day like what happened with Gamora?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AMW2010
AG
I don't understand why it feels like 10 pages complaining on thicc Thor.... everyone has their own ways of grieving... food, alcohol, drugs, depression, suicide... beer was his escape.Corg helped with the comic relief in the scene. Rocket said it I believe that Thor looked sad as in pathetic. when tony came back from near death in space, he was extremely delusional and basically gave up and left, moved on and started a family. Hawkeyes way of getting over his loss was to straight up murder rampage
InternetFan02
AG
C@LAg said:

InternetFan02 said:

They minimized captain marvel and she seemed annoyed that she had to keep coming back to earth. Very detached. Did she create emotional bonds with anyone besides Fury? Good luck with that one in the future.

So Dr Hulk can continue controlling the time machine indefinitely moving forward with new Pym particles and the GPS wristbands? Or are the pym particles all gone? They can just go back and grab pre 2023 Natasha and bring her to modern day like what happened with Gamora?
they could. but it would cheapen the death.

with Gamora, we get the old Gamora, who has missed out on all of the family building, and relationship with Peter. It is essentially a new person in an old body. Our Gamora is still dead.

If they brought back 2018 Nat, say from right before she jumped, it would be a cheap cop-out (but very much a comic book one).
but just the fact of knowing that they easily *could* bring back old Nat cheapens her death. They could have written it so the time travel bit was a one time thing that would clearly never be duplicated. But instead Tony stark invented time travel gps wristbands at his lake house and dr hulk just presses a button on the time machine in the forest and now anyone can go anywhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.