Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

174,004 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

As much as I like her, these sacrifices are better when they mean something.
Same. I hope (as)Guardians 3 doesn't deal with searching for Gamora and instead goes full on against Adam Warlock like Guardians 2 teased.
Brock Sampson
AG
Great way to end this story. Lot of funny/action/heartfelt moments that really made the movie enjoyable. Fat Thor was hilarious especially with his roommates.

Funniest line in the movie IMO was the descriptions of time travel using movie names.

Speaking of that I thought Paul Rudd really stole the show.
wangus12
AG
hurleyag said:

PatAg said:

As much as I like her, these sacrifices are better when they mean something.
Same. I hope (as)Guardians 3 doesn't deal with searching for Gamora and instead goes full on against Adam Warlock like Guardians 2 teased.
There is absolutely no way they don't involve Gamora in the 3rd film. Especially since they teased Quill looking for her already
Olsen
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

How does Falcon become the new Captain America before Bucky is beyond me...
Probably something to do with Bucky still having been a (brainwashed) assassin for the Russians & Hydra for decades versus the guy who's a decorated U.S. military combat vet.....

Winter Soldier becoming Captain America would be a great storyline.
Aggie94
AG
So is The Falcon becoming Cap...
wangus12
AG
Yes

Post removed:
by user
Juan Solo
AG
He'll prob have some sort of advanced minimalist Stark tech suit.
AgFan1999
AG
Sebastian Stan has a 9 movie deal with Marvel, if I remember correctly.

I'm going to venture a guess that he's Captain America at some point.

512Ag
AG
Really enjoyed it. I think I liked Infinity War slightly better, simply because of the way it ended. I liked the "what the hell are we going to do now" feel of that movie. But Endgame did a great job of wrapping things up and was fantastically executed.

Tony's death was perfect, and the reversal of roles, so to speak, between Stark and Peter Parker after each snap was gut-wrenchingly great. Lots and lots of emotion.

I liked where they went for Cap. It's all he's ever wanted. And when he lifted Mjolnir...hell yes!

I've never been a big fan of Barton, but I really enjoyed his role in this one. Being a father puts a whole new lens on life.

I wasn't a big fan of fat Thor, but it wasn't enough of a bother to distract from the movie.

Paul Rudd was hilarious, as usual.

Quick question about Captain Marvel: She took off at the beginning to go do what? Check on other planets? I guess I just missed it.
Farmer1906
AG
Juan Solo said:

Those days are over. No new Stark Tech. Tony's GONE!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're really cramming the showtimes in. Movie starts in 5 minutes and we're still in line.
DVC2010
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Juan Solo said:

Those days are over. No new Stark Tech. Tony's GONE!

That's for the best also. His gadgets were getting a little ridiculous. But I guess now it's all going to be nanotech from Wakanda instead.
Not a Bot
AG
AggieDem said:

Quick question about Captain Marvel: She took off at the beginning to go do what? Check on other planets? I guess I just missed it.

Yes.
Not a Bot
AG
I got to the theater at 11:15 a.m. for an 11:30 show. It is 3 o'clock and I'm just now leaving.

This is the only 3 hour movie experience that I had no idea was 3 hours. The pacing was so good and well done I completely lost track of time.

And I didn't even have to pee once.
hurleyag
AG
Cactus Jack said:

AggieDem said:

Yes.
She even had a line about not being surprised if you don't see a lot of her around.
512Ag
AG
Right. I heard that, I guess I just didn't hear her plan. That's what I figured, though.
Liquid Wrench
Welp, I've used up all of my allotted emotions for the day. You folks have a good one, and be safe out there.
Sbisa04
AG
Amazing film. Cap with Mjolnir was awesome. I don't think this movie will ever be topped even bringing in X-Men and FF. Cap and IM were the heart and soul as many have said.
StringerBell
AG
Really really enjoyed it. Bit surprised Agent Coulson didn't make an appearance
Madmarttigan
AG
That was amazing and I am now depressed because I don't know where you go from here.

I do look forward to a possibly Thor/Gotg movie though.
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Forgot to mention that girl power scene. That was pretty eye rolling, yeah. Totally forced.

At the funeral, Brie probably insisted on the long black pants. My SO and I looked at each other and eyerolled hard
PatAg
AG
Seemed pretty consistent with her character, I highly doubt that is something she had any input on.
RomanAg11
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

As soon as Thor was getting his ass kicked, I knew that Mjolnir was gonna be wielded by Cap. And yet, I loved it.

Audience lost their minds.
Watched it twice already and both audiences lost their mind with that twice! IT WAS EPIC!
Liquid Wrench
As a Marvel comics kid, I thought it was true to the spirit of a crossover finale.

The Stan Lee scene was so subtle that I might have been the only one dorky enough in my showing to react to it, and then seeing Jack Kirby's name roll by in the credits just did something. I was embarrassed and made uncomfortable by my own emotional reactions.

And Hawkeye's family just made me think of the end of Gladiator.

I honestly was not expecting the reaction I had to the ending. Didn't help that Tony's cabin looked almost exactly like my parents' place in East Texas that I haven't been to in a while. Like...down to the railing along the deck.
The Debt
tv1113 said:

That was amazing and I am now depressed because I don't know where you go from here.

I do look forward to a possibly Thor/Gotg movie though.

Yea so stark and Rogers are out.

You have:
-GOTG with thor
-winter solider, hawkeye, falcon, hulk? (Hulk stand alone?)
-scarlet witch (which with the merger with fox might be the segways to mutants)
-spidey
-wakandans
-strange, wong, mordo
-technically you could show Rogers returning a stone and hell breaking loose
-inhumans?
-defenders? Heroes for hire?
PatAg
AG
Hopefully they just keep nailing the casting on actors. Those are going to be some pretty big shoes to fill in future movies.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tk for tu juan
Wow, Lesean McCoy decided to be the most hated person of the weekend
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Debt
C@LAg said:

tk for tu juan said:

what an *******.

pure and utter trash, as he just kept going and going, and has left his garbage up.

I would be happy if he was charged for taking and tweeting pictures in the theater.
charged with spoiling films?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Debt
C@LAg said:

The Debt said:

C@LAg said:

tk for tu juan said:

what an *******.

pure and utter trash, as he just kept going and going, and has left his garbage up.

I would be happy if he was charged for taking and tweeting pictures in the theater.
charged with spoiling films?
no. transmission of copyrighted material.

that alone should get him banned from social media if Disney pressed the issue.

but he posted screencaps from the movie as well, if you bothered to read the stories or look at the tweets.
Haha. You realize if you ever posted a meme from a film you are breaking the same imaginary statute he is.

Online snapshots with editorializing (ie a tweet) is considered a parody and legally protected speech.

Also, did Disney buy Twitter? It wouldnt surprise me if they did.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Debt
Prove that it wasnt a parody. All he has to argue is sarcastic or editorial intent. The courts will not decide on what is "legally funny".

Also, you're 1000% wrong on memes being protected speech that get around copyright laws.

Section 107 of the Copyright Act allow individuals to use copyrighted material to editorialize or satirize the work as long as the "offender" isnt making money from it. Which is why newspapers have to use "presskits" provided by the copyright holder when displaying images.

Random dude on the internet, as long as his page isnt monitized he is ok. And even it gets iffy where monitized youtubers can show 8-10 secs of a copyrighted work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.