Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,020 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

MooreTrucker said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am Iron Man.
The perfect completion, along with the post-credit hammer clang.

Agreed

Also, I don't think it's really been touched upon, but I loved the original 6's autograph sequence in the credits. So well done.
Dang, the guy in our theater told us there wasn't anything post credits, so we all got up and left and missed this.
GIF Reactor
AG
Thanks. Still doesn't make sense to me right off the bat. I'll have to think about it more. Or just accept it, which is more likely.
GreasenUSA
AG
Just the clanking post credits. But a good sequence during the credits. Loved each character's screen and then the original 6 autographs.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sex Panther said:

MooreTrucker said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am Iron Man.

Agreed

Also, I don't think it's really been touched upon, but I loved the original 6's autograph sequence in the credits. So well done.
Best I've ever seen. Of course, I only recall that in one other movie, Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country, when the cast of the original USS Enterprise signed off.
swimmerbabe11
Fan service is making a reference or a joke or a scene or including characters that will fulfill the things that fans have desperately wanted to see.

Pandering is making the joke then say "HEY DID YALL GET THE JOKE; IT'S RIGHT THERE; IT'S FUNNY; WE DID IT JUST FOR YOU"

Which is the difference between "on your left" and a wide screen shot of every girl cast in the movie suddenly being on the same part of the battlefield with nothing better to do than to rally around an overpowered piece of cardboard that doesn't need their help anyway to do a lady war cry.

texasaggie04
AG
combat wombat said:

I watched for 2nd time yesterday. I wondered how/why Valkyrie came through a portal with all the folks who came back from being crushed in IW.

She was in New Asgard, so Dr strange just opened a portal for the Asgardians to step through to fight. Same as all the troops from Wakanda. Only half of them were victims of the snap, the rest just were in Wakanda.
Bird Poo
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Sex Panther said:

MooreTrucker said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am Iron Man.

Agreed

Best I've ever seen. Of course, I only recall that in one other movie, Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country, when the cast of the original USS Enterprise signed off.
I agree. I thought it was awesome in Star Trek and extremely fitting for this series too.
texasaggie04
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Fan service is making a reference or a joke or a scene or including characters that will fulfill the things that fans have desperately wanted to see.

Pandering is making the joke then say "HEY DID YALL GET THE JOKE; IT'S RIGHT THERE; IT'S FUNNY; WE DID IT JUST FOR YOU"

Which is the difference between "on your left" and a wide screen shot of every girl cast in the movie suddenly being on the same part of the battlefield with nothing better to do than to rally around an overpowered piece of cardboard that doesn't need their help anyway to do a lady war cry.

How did you coordinate the moment where all the female Marvel heroes come together?

McFEELY There was much conversation. Is that delightful or is it pandering? We went around and around on that. Ultimately we went, we like it too much.
MARKUS Part of the fun of the "Avengers" movies has always been team-ups. Marvel has been amassing this huge roster of characters. You've got crazy aliens. You've got that many badass women. You've got three or four people in Iron Man suits.
MooreTrucker
AG
C@LAg said:

So were the Avengers bad guys at the end of it all?

So five years have passed. The world has moved on.

The impact of 50% of the planet disappearing would be catastrophic.

Their families will have moved on. Maybe sold the family house because they could not afford it.

Governments would collapse.

Business would collapse or decrease in size due to the loss of key employees or the loss of a lot of their customers.

Housing would likely be torn down since it was not being used etc.

Spouses would have found others and remarried. Or some turned to drugs or suicide to deal with it.

And all of a sudden 3;5 billion people reappear.

As businesses contracted to deal with less people, there will be little to no ready jobs available for these people.
The infrastructure and government would not be ready to reabsorb that many people.

The world would be in a ****-ton of chaos.

The Avengers could have actually ended up making things worse for everyone.
So Thanos was right after all????
Phat32
AG
r/Thanosdidnothingwrong
DVC2010
AG
texasaggie04 said:

combat wombat said:

I watched for 2nd time yesterday. I wondered how/why Valkyrie came through a portal with all the folks who came back from being crushed in IW.

She was in New Asgard, so Dr strange just opened a portal for the Asgardians to step through to fight. Same as all the troops from Wakanda. Only half of them were victims of the snap, the rest just were in

Here's something I hadn't considered: imagine you're in the middle of the biggest fight you've ever heard of. You're exhausted because somehow in the 21s Century, most of us have been swinging glorified spears around for the last hour, but you're more or less winning thanks to that one lady with the red hands. Then suddenly it gets kind of dusty, and everything goes black.

Just as suddenly, you wake up, and there is no more enemy army. Then someone (presumably Wong) shows up and tells you that the real fight is just on the other side of this orange portal that he's about to open. To reiterate, you haven't had a chance to recover from the last fight of your life!
agwrestler
AG
What is the Captain Marvel "Cardboard" reference?
DVC2010
AG
MooreTrucker said:

C@LAg said:

So were the Avengers bad guys at the end of it all?

So five years have passed. The world has moved on.

The impact of 50% of the planet disappearing would be catastrophic.

Their families will have moved on. Maybe sold the family house because they could not afford it.

Governments would collapse.

Business would collapse or decrease in size due to the loss of key employees or the loss of a lot of their customers.

Housing would likely be torn down since it was not being used etc.

Spouses would have found others and remarried. Or some turned to drugs or suicide to deal with it.

And all of a sudden 3;5 billion people reappear.

As businesses contracted to deal with less people, there will be little to no ready jobs available for these people.
The infrastructure and government would not be ready to reabsorb that many people.

The world would be in a ****-ton of chaos.

The Avengers could have actually ended up making things worse for everyone.
So Thanos was right after all????

I like to imagine that when Banner snapped, he added resources or something to help the transition.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

If Thor 4: More Thor happens, I'm of course all in, but it's not a given that it's happening yet. Even if it does, I'll still only genuinely be looking forward to four of the next nine potential movies.

If that's not the actual title I will be sorely disappointed!
Bobcat06
AG
Do animals count as resources or liabilities?

Are they food or mouths to feed?
jackie childs
so the snap being undone is going to have a ton of questions that will likely go unanswered.

for instance, the Mets are gone in 2023. but did MLB go away entirely or just half the players, so they consolidated the NY franchises and the Yankees won out?

now that the dusted players are returning, do the Mets who survived and are now on the Yankees have to go back to the crappy Mets? seems like a CBA clusterf_ck.
jackie childs
MooreTrucker said:

TCTTS said:

If Thor 4: More Thor happens, I'm of course all in, but it's not a given that it's happening yet. Even if it does, I'll still only genuinely be looking forward to four of the next nine potential movies.

If that's not the actual title I will be sorely disappointed!
that actually could've been the title to Endgame too
Bruce Almighty
AG
Jimbo gets dusted, A&M hires Chad Morris, Jimbo comes back and takes the job back.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Better yet, Saban and Dabo get dusted, A&M becomes the next power.
MooreTrucker
AG
MaroonStain said:

TCTTS said:

Fair enough.

This dude Seattle has been on a meth/cappuccino run for a few weeks now.
THAT's what his username is. I never got it until now.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
jackie childs said:

so the snap being undone is going to have a ton of questions that will likely go unanswered.

for instance, the Mets are gone in 2023. but did MLB go away entirely or just half the players, so they consolidated the NY franchises and the Yankees won out?

now that the dusted players are returning, do the Mets who survived and are now on the Yankees have to go back to the crappy Mets? seems like a CBA clusterf_ck.

And does MLB consider it some kind of PED violation since they didn't age?
DVC2010
AG
jackie childs said:

I don't much care what the newly-doubled population ate or how the economy adjusted. These are the serious questions.
Ulrich
I believe there was a reference to "all living things" getting dusted, which would mean that crops and livestock also reappeared.
maca1028
I think of this gif every time I come in here.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Ulrich said:

I believe there was a reference to "all living things" getting dusted, which would mean that crops and livestock also reappeared.
kinda funny to think that annuals like some wildflowers were dusted and undusted
Render
AG
I bumped into the actor for Iron Man yesterday, turns out the movies are all staged.
DVC2010
AG
You know, the trees in at least one part of Wakanda did pretty well, statistically speaking.
swimmerbabe11
Ulrich said:

Well that was the significance of scott looking at the birds
TexasAggie_02
AG
So, Captain marvel is capable of faster than light travel, and had just destroyed Thanos' only means of escape. She should've taken the gauntlet straight up into space until the battle was over, or used it herself from Jupiter.

Yeah yeah, the movie is not about her. But that's how OP she is and why the girl power scene was lame. The girl team up would've actually made more sense if pepper, hope, or someone killable tried to run with it.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
FL_Ag1998
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Whole thing was lame. good special effects, bad PC bladdy-blah. Just a lame movie.

Captain Marvel... LMAO.

Other than the 5 secs of Girl Power, what exactly was "bad PC bladdy-blah"? Lol.

Horrible troll attempt, dude. Get better then come back.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Oh no! Cap gave the shield to a black man!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Don't feed the troll.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Farmer1906
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Nah No troll. You can read my post histories if you want. I don't troll.

I just really didn't like.

Plot Holes -

- One moment Iron man is saying that ant man's ideas are rubbish. The next moment with the help us his computer he solves time travel just like that.
- Half of humanity disappears but everyone is still using the latest tech etc
- You have a time machine but you cant figure out how to bring Iron man back.
- you manage to call every civilizatoin known to the universe by what appears to be the same mechanisms, but when one side gets defeated they are the only ones that turn into sand

was a meh move with good special effects, nothing more to me.

You can love it all you want! fine my me... I will tell you one thing.. Marvel will make gajillions... i never will. So who has the last laugh. They folks that made the film, of the guy that didnt like it?
- Its Tony Stark. Starks have always been rivals with the Pyms. He's also a super genius. So the fact he figured it out isn't a plot hole at all.
- Why would they stop using Tech?
- Does anyone want Iron Man back? It a bigger plot hole to bring him back than not.
- Half of everyone turned to sand. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.