Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,846 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A call back to Iron Man 3
swimmerbabe11
I have seen it 1.75 times.. I was really inebriated the first time and fell asleep the second time and finally sat down and watched it beginning to end the third time. The only Marvel movie I enjoy less than Strange is Captain Marvel.
'
One thing that I loved about most of the movie was that even if you hadn't seen the rest of the movies, you could understand what was going on in this movie.. that is the one place that it wasn't really super clear.

I got confused. As a Marvel Fangirl, I just figured if I got confused, I can't be the only one who took a good little bit to put it together.
tamusc
AG
Again though, they showed those same portals all over the place in IW and they also appeared in Ragnarok.
AMW2010
AG
You need to watch dr strange again then... I loved that one... say Friday night movie date?
Sex Panther
AG
AMW2010 said:

You need to watch dr strange again then... I loved that one... say Friday night movie date?

AMW2010
AG
Go away spider man, the adults are talking
MooreTrucker
AG
Andyzipp said:

MooreTrucker said:

Just got home from seeing it and haven't read the thread yet, so apologies if it's been discussed, but I gotta know something.

At the end, at Tony's memorial thing, there was a young guy standing by himself toward the back on the right, kinda in front of Colbie Smulders. Dark hair, kinda looked like Harry Styles.

Who was that?
Kid from Iron Man 3.
Thanks, all. That never occurred to me.
DrZ
AG
I agree with you. I am an old guy so my opinion wont count but it was my least favorite. I have seen them all and really enjoy the series. One of the things I like is that Marvel has not taken itself to seriously. Thus the humor and interesting characters. I think they tried to make this "great movie" to appeal to all and for me it seemed a little boring. I recognize there was humor in it, it just seemed forced.
rhutton125
AG
They use the portals in IW as well. And Ragnarok. The spell has been well established at this point. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but that's on you.
swimmerbabe11
Hey guys, were there portals and spells in IW? I wasn't sure yet from yalls response.
jackie childs
swimmerbabe11 said:

Hey guys, were there portals and spells in IW? I wasn't sure yet from yalls response.
what do you expect? you were embarrassing them in front of the wizards...
swimmerbabe11
I'M SORRY THAT I DON'T IMMEDIATELY CONNECT YELLOWY CIRCLE THINGIES WITH THE PREVIOUSLY MOST BORING AVENGER WHO JUST REMATERIALIZED ON ANOTHER PLANET THAT HE PREVIOUSLY USED A SPACE SHIP TO GET TO

Gigem314
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'M SORRY THAT I DON'T IMMEDIATELY CONNECT YELLOWY CIRCLE THINGIES WITH THE PREVIOUSLY MOST BORING AVENGER WHO JUST REMATERIALIZED ON ANOTHER PLANET THAT HE PREVIOUSLY USED A SPACE SHIP TO GET TO

DVC2010
AG
Sex Panther said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

While I totally get why they did the On your Left thing, I really wish they would have had just a touch more exposition with Doctor Strange working his magic to get the troops all in the same place.

Like.. at least had him walk through first and say "I'm here. I'm bringing them back" only because it took me a few minutes to understand how they were all rematerializing right there (I did not immediately connect the yellow circles with doctor strange portals..I know dumb , but it definitely would have helped me for him to come in first

"On your left" was absolutely fantastic. Dr. Strange just showing up and explaining it wouldn't have had any emotional impact whatsoever. Plus, no offense but you've seen Dr. Strange right? That's kind of his thing...

Only way it could have been better was if they had Bucky walk out first, or at least with Black Panther and crew. They were in the same place after all... but obviously they're still playing up to the BP fandom.

I really wanted Adam Sam to be the first one through after the radio call, but I'm not complaining.
Sex Panther
AG
Adam Warlock??

That would've been the absolute worst move in MCU history
DVC2010
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I have seen it 1.75 times.. I was really inebriated the first time and fell asleep the second time and finally sat down and watched it beginning to end the third time. The only Marvel movie I enjoy less than Strange is Captain Marvel.
'
One thing that I loved about most of the movie was that even if you hadn't seen the rest of the movies, you could understand what was going on in this movie.. that is the one place that it wasn't really super clear.

I got confused. As a Marvel Fangirl, I just figured if I got confused, I can't be the only one who took a good little bit to put it together.

Doctor Strange was worth the price of admission for the wristwatch alone.
swimmerbabe11
You saw Captain Marvel right? Brie Cardboard Larson is the worst MCU move.
DVC2010
AG
But seriously, they have done a great job of letting each of the movies stand alone, but this is not that movie. It is so tightly woven in with a dozen other stories that you really can't expect to keep up if you don't know them. It's just too dense a movie to catch you up on the background.
DVC2010
AG
Sex Panther said:

Adam Warlock??

That would've been the absolute worst move in MCU history

That one is on Siri. I fixed it twice, but she thinks she knows better. I want whatever phone comes with Jarvis instead.
Sex Panther
AG
ha, yeah I agree. Should've been Sam and Bucky. But again, we all know why they went with BP.
Sex Panther
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Unfortunately, yes I'm thinking this might be correct. Captain Marvel sucks, and Brie Larsen certainly hasn't helped.

I am excited about the future of Dr. Strange. The first one was enjoyable, although definitely very "paint by numbers". But I think the weirdness can really be showcased now they have the origin out of the way. And Cumberbatch is an amazing actor. He'll never be Hemsworth, but I think the humor will get better.

I just wish they wouldn't have already sidelined Dormammu. He's Thanos level big bad so I could see him being a little too much to utilize any other way than how they handled him.
FL_Ag1998
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Worse than Thor Dark World or Hulk? Lol, right.
swimmerbabe11
Hulk is debatable but yes absolutely esp now that endgame came out.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Looks like the rumors were right about Katherine Langford's role:

https://theplaylist.net/the-russo-brothers-avengers-katherine-langford-20190506/

I really wish there would have been a post-snap scene with the hulk and natasha to wrap that storyline up a little more neatly.
jackie childs
veryfuller said:

Looks like the rumors were right about Katherine Langford's role:

https://theplaylist.net/the-russo-brothers-avengers-katherine-langford-20190506/

I really wish there would have been a post-snap scene with the hulk and natasha to wrap that storyline up a little more neatly.
i'm glad they pulled the plug on that one
GIF Reactor
AG
Forgive my MCU ignorance here, or if I missed it in the movie. Thor killed Thanos in 2018, correct? So he was dead in 2023. How does he time jump/warp to 2023 for the final battle, since he is already dead, and not brought back with Hulk's snap?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

Forgive my MCU ignorance here, or if I missed it in the movie. Thor killed Thanos in 2018, correct? So he was dead in 2023. How does he time jump/warp to 2023 for the final battle, since he is already dead, and not brought back with Hulk's snap?

2014 Thanos jumps forward, but he's from another timeline. Hulk also only brings back snapped people, not those that died by other means.

Every time they travel backwards, they create a new timeline branch. So nebula/nat/Hawkeye /war machine create a new timeline. That branches from the prime timeline at 2014.
MooreTrucker
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just wondering, how come some of you like to see spoilers before the movie? Do you still find the movie enjoyable?
Answering this question from the first page - sometimes the spoiler is about an end result, and knowing that doesn't necessarily ruin the best part which is how they got there.

My best example is Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor. I found out before reading it that Jack Ryan becomes the President about 2/3 of the way through. But while that was a pretty big revelation, the path the book took to that point was fascinating and not ruined at all by knowing the outcome.
MooreTrucker
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am Iron Man.
The perfect completion, along with the post-credit hammer clang.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

You know what's really messed up, perhaps more so than the idea of being dusted or not? The existential dread due to the realization that your timeline is the "alternate" timeline. Think about that. In the "prime" timeline, Stark and Cap never showed up in 1970. In the "prime" timeline, no one ever knocked Star Lord unconscious in 2014, etc, etc. Those things only happened because there was a "prime" timeline that individuals traveled from, in order to use the alternate timelines as nothing more than a solve for their apparently more important timeline. Even more crushing is that Stark likely doesn't go on to "solve" time travel in at least one of the alternate timelines because, in the 2014 timeline, Thanos simply disappears (and ultimately dies in the "prime" timeline), which is further indication there's only one, true, "main" timeline that's seemingly "ahead" of all the others. Everyone else in every other timeline are just pawns and puppets.

That's f*cked up.

And no, I'm not high.

If you count Agents of SHEILD as canon, Endgame is not the prime timeline. The entire earth was cracked open like an egg by Graviton shortly after the snap, and the remaining humans were enslaved by the kree. Due to an old, possibly autistic, inhuman that can see the future and other timelines, SHEILD went back in time more than once trying to stop it, making a little progress each time until they finally succeeded. However, every time they went back, they essentially created a new timeline, as evidenced by a scene showing those they left behind in the future.

So according to SHIELD all of the Avengers and 99% of mankind died in the Prime timeline.

Complicated stuff. Or we can just ignore SHIELD.
MooreTrucker
AG
Noblemen06 said:

Is there a line between fan service and pandering?
No. Same thing, different definitions, different connotations.

IMO, anyway. To me, this was fan service to the women in the audience, pandering to Brie Larson.
FTACO97
AG
For those that prefer to not be spoiled for Spider-man Far From Home, I'd recommend not watching the latest trailer that came out this morning.

It has some big spoilers for Endgame in it, but it also spoils much more of the story in the film that I would have liked to know yet.
TCTTS
AG
Eh, it's a Marvel trailer, i.e. likely misleading. Especially given the nature of the character of Mysterio, I think the trailer is actually one big misdirect. I wouldn't be at all worried about being spoiled.
Sex Panther
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am Iron Man.
The perfect completion, along with the post-credit hammer clang.

Agreed

Also, I don't think it's really been touched upon, but I loved the original 6's autograph sequence in the credits. So well done.
tamusc
AG
TCTTS said:

Eh, it's a Marvel trailer, i.e. likely misleading. Especially given the nature of the character of Mysterio, I think the trailer is actually one big misdirect. I wouldn't be at all worried about being spoiled.

Exactly, unless the are completely changing Mysterio, huge portions of the trailer are misdirection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.