Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,027 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"What, you gonna get another haircut?"
Gigem314
AG
C@LAg said:

Old Jock 1997 said:

. They never really reconciled after Civil War. Iron Man made it known that he was right,
he was.
I disagree. A "suit of armor" around Earth wasn't going to stop Thanos.

And I think Tony bringing Cap his shield was his way of reconciling.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

And I think Tony bringing Cap his shield was his way of reconciling.
Or, he was serious when he said he didn't want Morgan sledding downhill on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

You know what's really messed up, perhaps more so than the idea of being dusted or not? The existential dread due to the realization that your timeline is the "alternate" timeline. Think about that. In the "prime" timeline, Stark and Cap never showed up in 1970. In the "prime" timeline, no one ever knocked Star Lord unconscious in 2014, etc, etc. Those things only happened because there was a "prime" timeline that individuals traveled from, in order to use the alternate timelines as nothing more than a solve for their apparently more important timeline. Even more crushing is that Stark likely doesn't go on to "solve" time travel in at least one of the alternate timelines because, in the 2014 timeline, Thanos simply disappears (and ultimately dies in the "prime" timeline), which is further indication there's only one, true, "main" timeline that's seemingly "ahead" of all the others. Everyone else in every other timeline are just pawns and puppets.

That's f*cked up.

And no, I'm not high.

I feel like we're in the alternate timeline of a BTTF movie.
caleblyn
jeffk said:

Rocket's "BOOM!" when they completed the gauntlet slayed me.

Rocket and Groot should have had a five second moment.
Max Power
AG
Saw it again today with the wife, she hasn't seen most of the marvel films, she's really only seen the Iron Man films, GOTG, and Infinity War. I made it through without any tears, she didn't. I seriously don't see how anything tops what Marvel pulled off between Iron Man all the way through Endgame, it's the most satisfying film saga of all time, not even Star Wars can say that, and I loved Star Wars since I saw it the first time before I was even in elementary school.

I don't know where they go from here, but I have faith in them. I really hope they push Thor as the centerpiece going forward if Hemsworth is down, he's so great. As a dad with a daughter I also hope to see Captain Marvel playing a big role. I hope Mackie gets a real shot at being captain America in a film or two, I like that guy.
swimmerbabe11
caleblyn said:

jeffk said:

Rocket's "BOOM!" when they completed the gauntlet slayed me.

Rocket and Groot should have had a five second moment.

I think this was the number one thing I felt like I didn't get. I had really been waiting for that reunion.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BTHOthatguy
For anyone complaining about fat Thor...

I personally connected with his arc. I lost someone close to me and I went to the dark place where you just don't give a **** anymore. Watching him take small steps (chewing out the kid online) and then wanting to jump all in when he isn't ready and being held back by his true friends, is both comic relief and real world torment.

As fans, we don't want to see fat Thor because we want to believe he and us would do better.
Philip J Fry
AG
BTHOthatguy said:

For anyone complaining about fat Thor...

I personally connected with his arc. I lost someone close to me and I went to the dark place where you just don't give a **** anymore. Watching him take small steps (chewing out the kid online) and then wanting to jump all in when he isn't ready and being held back by his true friends, is both comic relief and real world torment.

As fans, we don't want to see fat Thor because we want to believe he and us would do better.

Fat Thor is basically what would happen if he failed in IW. It's what Rockets line of questioning was alluding to.
rhutton125
AG
I guess this is 2019's "thicc Thanos" bit.
_lefraud_
AG
Saw it a second time last night, and it was even more intense and emotional than the first viewing. I also felt like the final battle was appropriate in length this go around, or maybe it just felt slowed down since I knew what all was going on this go around.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sazerac
AG
Can someone explain how Tony and Nebula ended up in space at the beginning?

Was that something from Cpt Marvel?
tamusc
AG
cclearman said:

Can someone explain how Tony and Nebula ended up in space at the beginning?

Was that something from Cpt Marvel?
They were the only ones left on Titan at the end of Infinity War after the snap. That's the ship the Guardians used to get to Titan and Tony and Nebula were trying to use it to get back to Earth. Apparently the ship was damaged in the fight with Thanos, thus stranding them in space.
Sazerac
AG
Thanks. And I just rewatched IW....

I thought EG started really slow and dark. Loved the plot line though. Volume in my theater was also really low which took away a bit. Wish I would have seen it with a full house of superfans, that sounds like a blast.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, so I had viewing #3 last night (the first with the entire family) and something unusual happened:

Right after Stark dies and they show his hologram "goodbye" to his family & friends, there is no music score so it is very quiet for a minute before his memorial service. In viewing #2, I could hear the random sniffles in the audience. That's to be expected.

Last night? A young girl on the other side of the theater was bawling. I mean, she was torn up by this. No one laughed or made any snickers, though. I actually felt bad for her. I hope she was with someone who could give her a hug after the movie.
Bruce Almighty
AG
When I saw it opening night, the girl sitting next to me, who was maybe 15 or 16, balled when Stark died.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
My daughter spent much of the movie bawling, from the moment Black Widow died all the way to when Spider-Man reappeared. Then, so she says, she was crying tears of joy. Then the anguished tears returned when Tony died.
jackie childs
i initially figured it'd be Cap that died too, but the more i think about it, it was perfect to see the impact he and Tony had on each other. Tony got to finally be the selfless one who made the sacrifice and Cap finally got a chance to be "selfish" and actually live a life.
Sports-Ag
AG
Saw the movie for the first time this morning and it was great. Definitely some emotional heart wrenching scenes.
Farmer1906
AG
Finally? He did sacrifice himself in the first and second Avengers movie.
tamusc
AG
Just finished my second viewing. Still had all the emotional impact of the first viewing, but I picked up a few things the second time around.

Bucky also totally knew what Cap was going to do at the end. Kind of missed it the first time around, but it was obvious that Bucky knew he wasn't coming back the way the others were expecting.

The final battle was still epic and goose bump inducing when Falcon said "on your left", then seeing all the portals open up the second time around as well.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'd also argue he was fully prepared to sacrifice himself to take out Obediah Stain in the first Iron Man.
dave94
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This was a total different level of sacrifice with having a child and all that. Of course all the heros have had some level of selflessness

But Cap always had that characteristic. It was a great reversal to see them both become something different.
Broba Fett
I liked it but just barely below Infinity War. Talking like 100% vs 99% here. I found a lot of humor in this one while my wife didnt. She hated fat Thor and Dr hulk especially.
combat wombat™
AG
I watched for 2nd time yesterday. I wondered how/why Valkyrie came through a portal with all the folks who came back from being crushed in IW.
tamusc
AG
combat wombat said:

I watched for 2nd time yesterday. I wondered how/why Valkyrie came through a portal with all the folks who came back from being crushed in IW.

They weren't all killed in IW. Thanos killed half of them, as he always did.
swimmerbabe11
While I totally get why they did the On your Left thing, I really wish they would have had just a touch more exposition with Doctor Strange working his magic to get the troops all in the same place.

Like.. at least had him walk through first and say "I'm here. I'm bringing them back" only because it took me a few minutes to understand how they were all rematerializing right there (I did not immediately connect the yellow circles with doctor strange portals..I know dumb , but it definitely would have helped me for him to come in first
MooreTrucker
AG
Just got home from seeing it and haven't read the thread yet, so apologies if it's been discussed, but I gotta know something.

At the end, at Tony's memorial thing, there was a young guy standing by himself toward the back on the right, kinda in front of Colbie Smulders. Dark hair, kinda looked like Harry Styles.

Who was that?
Andyzipp
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Just got home from seeing it and haven't read the thread yet, so apologies if it's been discussed, but I gotta know something.

At the end, at Tony's memorial thing, there was a young guy standing by himself toward the back on the right, kinda in front of Colbie Smulders. Dark hair, kinda looked like Harry Styles.

Who was that?
Kid from Iron Man 3.
Sex Panther
AG
The kid who helped him in Iron Man 3
bearamedic99
AG
The kid from IM3 grown up
tamusc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

While I totally get why they did the On your Left thing, I really wish they would have had just a touch more exposition with Doctor Strange working his magic to get the troops all in the same place.

Like.. at least had him walk through first and say "I'm here. I'm bringing them back" only because it took me a few minutes to understand how they were all rematerializing right there (I did not immediately connect the yellow circles with doctor strange portals..I know dumb , but it definitely would have helped me for him to come in first

They did, but just with Spider-Man. Spider-Man told Tony about coming back and Dr. Strange telling them what had happened and what they were doing. They didn't let exposition ruin what was an epic, emotional moment by having someone who didn't have an emotional connection to Cap (Dr. Strange) launch into exposition. I mean, the yellow circles were all over IW, Ragnarok, and of course Dr. Strange as well.

Instead, they had an awesome, emotional call back that was built on a number of previous movies, much like the rest of Endgame.
Sex Panther
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

"On your left" was absolutely fantastic. Dr. Strange just showing up and explaining it wouldn't have had any emotional impact whatsoever. Plus, no offense but you've seen Dr. Strange right? That's kind of his thing...

Only way it could have been better was if they had Bucky walk out first, or at least with Black Panther and crew. They were in the same place after all... but obviously they're still playing up to the BP fandom.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.