Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

167,981 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i remember after seeing infinity war, i could not wait for endgame. i thought ant-man and the wasp was the perfect gap-filler movie to follow IW and captain marvel is what it was, but all things have just been building toward last weekend with endgame.

so now that it's here, does anybody else just kinda feel relieved? i almost feel like thanos at the end of IW.

i think marvel has worked the timing of this so beautifully. we'll get far from home in a few months, but then we have a pretty big gap, right? i think by then, i'm sure i'll be eagerly ready for another MCU movie, but for now, i just feel content.
Farmer1906
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

So when I walked into the theatre last night, the lines for concessions were out the door. So I waited until the first 10 minutes of the movie (Tony had just made it back to Earth) and then went. It still took like 20 minutes!

I get back and my buddy tells me, "Dude, they ****ing killed Thanos."

I thought he was joking for like 30 more minutes until I realized.

Definitely going to see this again. Loved everything but the physics behind everything (or as Thor more accurately calls it, space magic). No big deal though, I suspended disbelief and enjoyed it immensely. Best movie of 2019 so far.

Poor planning.

Cargo pants can store a lot of snacks. and a bottled drink too. Or the wife's purse.

I never buy their concessions. Load up at the dollar store beforehand.

Yeah, but who the hell has cargo pants?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Farmer1906
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

cargo shorts i meant. although i was joking. i usually do have enough room in pockets of something. or with the wife. or i'll wear a light jacket just to have pockets.

And actually these days I pretty much ignore them and their rules. I walk right past them with other drinks (bottled or from somewhere else if i ate first) all the time. and if we have a bag from any store i just use that.

Farmer1906
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

cargo shorts i meant. although i was joking. i usually do have enough room in pockets of something. or with the wife. or i'll wear a light jacket just to have pockets.

And actually these days I pretty much ignore them and their rules. I walk right past them with other drinks (bottled or from somewhere else if i ate first) all the time. and if we have a bag from any store i just use that.

Yeah, but who the hell has cargo shorts?
chimpanzee
It has probably been covered 10 times in the thread, but an underrated high moment was in the final battle when giant Scott Lang starts laying into the big flying monsters like they are annoying chihuahuas.
israeliag
AG
Urban Ag said:

I mean, 15 minutes in and Thanos is decapitated, the stones are destroyed, and back on Earth, Cap is running a support group.
Wasn't Sam also running support groups in Winter Soldier?
Aggie94
AG
israeliag said:

Urban Ag said:

I mean, 15 minutes in and Thanos is decapitated, the stones are destroyed, and back on Earth, Cap is running a support group.
Wasn't Sam also running support groups in Winter Soldier?
Yes - this is indicative of how much an impression Sam made on Cap.
israeliag
AG
Also foreshadowing.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Talked to my daughter who is a freshman at A&M. Her two favorite scenes were when Cap picked up the hammer and the girl power scene.

Both were fan service, and I'm fine with both of them.
hurleyag
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Talked to my daughter who is a freshman at A&M. Her two favorite scenes were when Cap picked up the hammer and the girl power scene.

Both were fan service, and I'm fine with both of them.
I'm not sure I'd call the Cap scene fan service. Yes, a lot of fans wanted to see it, but it actually advanced the plot.

edit to add I didn't have a problem with the girl power scene, just wouldn't put it in the same verse as cap and the hammer.
jtstanley4621
AG
Girl power scene felt forced as hell, but if that makes some little girl's eyes light up when seeing it, I'm all for it.
AgfromHOU
AG
The next Marvel movie date is May 1, 2020

After July's Spider-Man
jsc8116
AG
Question on final battle- was one of the good guy armys that dr. Strange brought through his portal an Asgardian movie? If so, werent they all killed off in the Ragnarok movie? All the good guy combatants other than Gamora were from present day correct?
israeliag
AG
rhutton125 said:

Q&A with the Russo's, many answers here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/

I kinda love this:
Quote:

Q: What if the mouse didn't press the button to turn on the quantum machine, wouldn't that stop EG from happening? Isn't this a bit too much of a coincidence?

A: Yes, the MOUSE SAVED THE UNIVERSE. Among the many realities in those 14 millions possible futures Doctor Strange foresee, the mouse failed to press button and thus the heroes failed in those futures.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jsc8116 said:

Question on final battle- was one of the good guy armys that dr. Strange brought through his portal an Asgardian movie? If so, werent they all killed off in the Ragnarok movie? All the good guy combatants other than Gamora were from present day correct?

They had some soldiers remaining, most were wiped out by Hela.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Speaking of Hela, a one on one battle between Hela and Thanos (without stones) would be one hell of a fight.
Jim01
AG
The thing that cracked me up about the girl power scene was how it played out.

1. Good luck getting through that!
2. We got you!
3. Girls assemble
4. Captain Marvel then proceeds to blast like a super nova through it all, not needing even a little bit of their help.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
YellAgs
AG
Just finished watching 2nd time:
Fan experience not as good 2nd time without lots cheers
I noticed that the door was open on house, so steve had literally just arrived
Loved antman and nebulas contributions
The girl power scene wasn't as bad on second viewing
this movie was so perfect in almost every way
I wish the final battle would have lasted a little longer and we got to see Captain use the mjolnir just a little bit more
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Only problem to me with the girl power scene was how, in that giant melee, they all just showed up. It's super important that she's protected a bit but the dudes were all just like "nah, we're good". Just kinda goofy but, as was said earlier, if it made little girls happy to see a moment like that then awesome.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Jim01 said:

2. We got you!
3. Girls assemble
4. Captain Marvel then proceeds to blast like a super nova through it all, not needing even a little bit of their help.

Well yeah. They aren't there to do anything just to serve as a distraction....,cuz boobs!!!!!
TXAGFAN
AG
wangus12 said:

Also the moment they said they had to go to Vormire, you knew someone had to die and it sucked trying to think who it was gonna be between Clint and Natasha
Why didn't purple lady (sorry I'm an idiot) say something? Surely she knew someone would have to die.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TXAGFAN said:

wangus12 said:

Also the moment they said they had to go to Vormire, you knew someone had to die and it sucked trying to think who it was gonna be between Clint and Natasha
Why didn't purple lady (sorry I'm an idiot) say something? Surely she knew someone would have to die.

She never knew exactly what transpired there. She only knew that Thanos went to Vormir with Gamora and came back with the stone and was grieving her.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Just got out of screening #2 and have a few new observations.

In the opening scene, Hawkeye is wearing his ankle monitor.

I did look for Howard the Duck in that scene....and found him easily since I knew he was there.
Wheatables02
AG
Jim01 said:

2. We got you!
3. Girls assemble
Don't forget Mantis standing around and doing nothing/being annoying as usual.
Cabeza
Loved the movie. My favorite moment was when Cap tightened the strap for his shield, and then he heard "on your left" followed by the charge of all the various allies. That picture of the charge with Giant Ant Man was just a work of inspiring art.

I have a question for the experts:

Where do the sacrificed souls reside? Are they in the stone, which was destroyed, or in another realm? If they are in the stone, then the souls are at least freed, I guess. But if they are in another realm, then that would mean that Gamorra has two souls in the same time line albeit in different places. In 4 or 5 years, will 2014 jumped-timeline Gamorra lose her soul? Does that realm exist for each branched timeline or a single realm?

I also thought that the Ancient One and Banner indicated that if they replaced the stones where they got them from, then the branched timelines would cease to exist. I took this to mean that Thanos from 2014 was restored to the main time line like nothing happened once the power stone was returned, and the branched timeline where he turned to dust was severed and ended. But that would also mean Gamorra and Nebula from 2014 would also be unaffected and 2014 Gamorra would be in two times at once. No idea what that means for Loki.

The branched timelines are messy. I'm willing to look past it.
Ulrich
I enjoyed the scene where Dr. Hulk tells another character who starts down this path "don't think about it, time travel doesn't work how you think it does, just trust me and go along with it." Nice little metajoke there.

Once time travel is invoked, I turn off the "notice inconsistencies" part of my brain. The one incontrovertible rule of time travel is that it causes plot holes. I'm not really a big fan of time travel in movies for that reason, but I'll go along with it if the movie is good enough.
wangus12
AG
TXAGFAN said:

wangus12 said:

She didn't know the details behind it. Only Thanos knew.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
wangus12 said:

TXAGFAN said:

wangus12 said:

She didn't know the details behind it. Only Thanos knew.

I think Nebula at least knew that some sort of sacrifice was required. IIRC in IW, during the scene that Quill discovers from Thanos that Gamora is dead, Nebula deduces that Thanos is telling the truth by saying something to the effect that Thanos left with Gamora to Vormire, but returned without her and only the soul stone instead.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JAggie2007
AG
I've mostly jut been reading the Blue Starred posts, so I may have missed it, but how is no one commenting on Cap saying "SH#@!" when he saw past Cap walking up? Did everyone forget his "Language!" quip at Tony in Age of Ultron?
Bruce Almighty
AG
TXAGFAN said:

wangus12 said:

For the same reason Dr. Strange didn't tell Iron Man.
JAggie2007
AG
The part that got me getting a little misty eyed was everyone stepping out of their portals and Cap finally saying Avengers...Assemble. That was when it hit that this was the culmination of this past decade of movies, and that everything was about to come to an end.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
JAggie2007 said:

I've mostly jut been reading the Blue Starred posts, so I may have missed it, but how is no one commenting on Cap saying "SH#@!" when he saw past Cap walking up? Did everyone forget his "Language!" quip at Tony in Age of Ultron?

I noticed it too but I think it's just another example of how much the events of IW have taken their toll on Captain America (like everyone else). Similar to his sarcastic response, "I know..." when past Cap says, "I can do this all day!" I think it's meant to help emphasize the juxtaposition between post-IW Cap and pre-IW Cap.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.