Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

166,507 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
texasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got back from my second viewing. It was good the first viewing, and 100x better the second. So many small details I didn't notice the first time.
  • Thor opens his beer bottle in New Asgard using Stormbreaker
  • During the time heist brainstorm session while Rocket is speaking, Hulk is eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's (presumably Hulka Hulka Burnin' Fudge)

Few other thoughts and questions.

Do we know if Jeremy Renner still has a contract for more movies? If so, I wonder if we'll finally get to see Budapest in the Black Widow movie. During the Vormir scene, she says that he has never judged her based on her worst actions. Possible foreshadowing to her movie...?

On the first viewing, I didn't like the "five years later" bit. On the second viewing, it was perfect. And it was all about the impact. On my first viewing, I was watching the movie in a foreign country with subtitles. So there was no impact - I saw the words before they appeared on screen. That little attention to detail changed everything on the second viewing. I knew what it was going to say, but I felt it the second time.

The number of cameos in this movie was absolutely mind-boggling.
israeliag
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Just got back from my second viewing. It was good the first viewing, and 100x better the second. So many small details I didn't notice the first time.
  • Thor opens his beer bottle in New Asgard using Stormbreaker
  • During the time heist brainstorm session while Rocket is speaking, Hulk is eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's (presumably Hulka Hulka Burnin' Fudge)

Few other thoughts and questions.

Do we know if Jeremy Renner still has a contract for more movies? If so, I wonder if we'll finally get to see Budapest in the Black Widow movie. During the Vormir scene, she says that he has never judged her based on her worst actions. Possible foreshadowing to her movie...?

On the first viewing, I didn't like the "five years later" bit. On the second viewing, it was perfect. And it was all about the impact. On my first viewing, I was watching the movie in a foreign country with subtitles. So there was no impact - I saw the words before they appeared on screen. That little attention to detail changed everything on the second viewing. I knew what it was going to say, but I felt it the second time.

The number of cameos in this movie was absolutely mind-boggling.

Renner is still on contract with Disney for a Hawkeye Disney+ series, so it would make sense that if they need him for the Black Widow film they have included that.
MW03
AG
I know I'm way behind, but I only just saw this last night and I have to comment on the handful of scenes that caught me 100% off guard that underscore the brilliance of this movie.

(1) Tony with his daughter, and "I love you 3000". I am sure it's because I have a kid now, but watching that scene and realizing that he was going to have to fight anyway, risking that relationship. That hit like an gong drum in my guts. The way they handled the hologram goodbye at the end, and the scene with Happy, really resonated. Perfectly done.

(2) Both Tony and Thor getting catharsis with their parents. Tony, because he never understood his father in his own time and got the opportunity to talk to him man to man. Thor, because he got a chance with his mother who he loved to hear that she was proud of him. Damn, man. Gut shot again.

Some others that landed for me:
  • Rogers and Nat trying to cope in the post-snap world
  • Barton screaming for his children and wife who disappeared
  • Lang reuniting with his daughter
  • Tony saying "I lost the kid" and then the hug between Parker and Tony later
All of those moments topped the battle sequences. I went in expecting a well done action movie, and I was pretty floored by the emotional storytelling.

Favorite scene outside of those was probably Thor slamming beers and playing Fortnite.

I really can't say there was anything I didn't like, other than a lack of screen time for my beloved Starlord.

FaceMask
I'd say that for few other characters that we watched over the years. Love Starlord, but this was specifically made for an ending to Iron Man and Captain America. I do agree they should entered our dusted heroes earlier than the final battle. Hut it did make for a dramatic entrance.
Max Power
AG
Tony's cabin is up on Airbnb.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23018266?adults=1&check_in=2019-06-11&check_out=2019-06-15&children=0&infants=0&source_impression_id=p3_1560277299_aMKb8c%2BkVaEqKPQd&irgwc=1&irclid=x11xu2UTdxyJUjm0GBQcExbTUklUEvQi3Tvoys0&ircid=4273&af=49497874&iratid=9627&c=.pi73.pk4273_10078
HoustonAg2106
AG
Max Power said:

Tony's cabin is up on Airbnb.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23018266?adults=1&check_in=2019-06-11&check_out=2019-06-15&children=0&infants=0&source_impression_id=p3_1560277299_aMKb8c%2BkVaEqKPQd&irgwc=1&irclid=x11xu2UTdxyJUjm0GBQcExbTUklUEvQi3Tvoys0&ircid=4273&af=49497874&iratid=9627&c=.pi73.pk4273_10078

Very affordable too
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
I just came to post that.

Everybody lives
ChipFTAC01
AG
Finally finished watching Endgame last night. Really enjoyed it and thought they did a great job. I can't believe I avoided spoilers on this movie for 10 months but I guess that's part of being old.

Random question as I bet everything else has been hashed out in. 60 page thread. At the end of the Cap vs Cap fight at Stark Tower (which I was confused through most of as I thought it was actually Cap vs Loki as Cap for most of it) Future Cap says something to Past Cap when he knocks him out.

"You really are America's ...?"
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"That really is America's ass."

(As in his own ass.)
ChipFTAC01
AG
I started watching it over Christmas, decided I should watch Captain marvel first. Watched Captain Marvel in a couple of chunks. Came back and watched Endgame in about three chunks.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Did someone tell him that he has America's ass jn a previous movie?

Also, what's the reference to "On your left!"?
Sex Panther
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

If you aren't a troll, you should think about making it a career.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sorry, I forgot about that scene from that movie that I saw once 5 or 6 years ago.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

These movies are obviously way over your head buddy
dave94
AG
"America's ass" was first coined about ten minutes before the fight
HoustonAg2106
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/avengers-endgame-thanos-callback-infinity-war-marvel-reddit-theory-a9293761.html%3famp

Thought this was cool
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Sorry, I forgot about that scene from that movie that I saw once 5 or 6 years ago.
Did you also forget about Wikipedia and Google and IMDB?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Obviously not because I was able to solve it by googling it after not having my question answered here. But in this 43 page thread where there were loads of questions asked and answered I thought maybe I might perchance ask a question of my own of something I didn't recall.
Sex Panther
AG
Opening scene of CA: Winter Soldier, Cap and Sam meet

caleblyn
Saw the movie 3 times in the theater. I totally missed the, "On your left" reference the first time. It was a few days after while talking about the movie with my daughter and discussing that scene when I all of a sudden, "OH MY GOSH!!!!!! ON YOUR LEFT! HOLY CRAP! THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER! Let's go watch it again!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dr. Strange: *making portals*
Falcon: Hey, can you make a portal on Cap's left?
Dr. Strange: Why left?
Falcon: It has got to be on his left.
jackie childs
in a film series, has there ever been a better "stick the landing" film?

return of the king was really good and the closest i could think of, but i still prefer endgame
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Here is some free advice. Stop being a dbag to people when you decide it's time to start talking about the movie everyone else saw 9 months ago
ChipFTAC01
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah, I'm definitely the one being a dbag.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah, I'm definitely the one being a dbag.
Way to admit it! That's the first step towards recovery. Bravo, you're on the right course.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Here is some free advice. Stop being a dbag to people when you decide it's time to start talking about the movie everyone else saw 9 months ago
Language
jackie childs
TexasAggie_02 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Language

ChipFTAC01
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Language

PatAg
AG
I can't decide if you are a troll or not.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I promise I'm not. I'm just a dad that doesn't get to watch movies I want to watch anymore.
TexasAggie_02
AG
What if the Avengers never killed the OG Thanos? What if that whole scene was an illusion with the reality stone? He's still gardening and minding his business.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.