Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

167,986 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GreasenUSA said:

MBAR said:

People can express their opinion all they want. It says a lot about them the things they pick out about this movie. 3 hours of amazingness, and yet 30 seocnds that catered to the opposite sex is "not needed".

Like I said, you don't understand whats sad about that, there's no helping you.

I'll leave it at that since this is like my 4th post on it.
Damn dude, we're just pointing out that in a near-perfect movie, it was one part that seemed out of character, or out of place.

None of us need to "be helped".

I guess you didn't get the callback to the scene in infinity war if you call it out of character
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
This was something truly special. Yeah even that girl power moment, we got guy power most of the rest of the film, the women in my audience loved it, let them have it.

I am shocked with Natasha and I guess this confirms her film will be in the past. Also surprised we didn't see anything of Vision to set up his show. So many amazing little touches and I definitely teared up at the end. Also no clue how Far from home is supposed to play out.

And everyone got their damn consequences. There was no redo. The trauma this put on the world, hot damn. Seeing swinton and Douglas showup and the Howard stark actor was awesome. So excited that Thor is going to be a guardian

I didn't think a moment could top Thor arriving in infinity war, and then Cap picked up Mjolnir. Holy **** that was amazing.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Olsen
AG
Whatever happened to Loki with the Tessaract?
How did Captain America wield the Mjolnir?
How will this new timeline effect Spider-Man: Far From Home?
So the alternate Gamora is living in the current timeline while the Gamora we all know is still dead?
MandoArms
What did Tony's snap do? Did it send them all back to their original timeline or dust them?
IG: mando_arms
Azariah
AG
I loved the whole movie. My only quibble is with the All the Chicks Fight scene. I really enjoyed it, but it pulled me out of the moment long enough to remind that I was watching a scripted movie that they were doing a chick-power moment for.
PatAg
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Whatever happened to Loki with the Tessaract?
How did Captain America wield the Mjolnir?
How will this new timeline effect Spider-Man: Far From Home?
So the alternate Gamora is living in the current timeline while the Gamora we all know is still dead?
He was worthy.
PatAg
AG
Azariah said:

I loved the whole movie. My only quibble is with the All the Chicks Fight scene. I really enjoyed it, but it pulled me out of the moment long enough to remind that I was watching a scripted movie that they were doing a chick-power moment for.
I think the mistake they made was trying to pull every single one in. Hard to suspend your disbelief that they were all over the battlefield moments before that. Should have just done 3-4 of them and gotten the desired effect imo.

Im sure that scene will become a poster that sells well though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Koldus131
AG
Seriously the most TexAgs thing ever to critique a superhero movie for having a 15-30 second "girl power" moment and then all of a sudden that critique dominates the thread.

The movie was littered with fan service, don't be mad because there was one tiny moment that wasn't made for you. The scene was just fine and the women in my theater loved it.

The movie was amazing, best marvel movie and truly the end of an era. Incredible how they wrapped it all up and paid such great homage to the last 10+ years.

Hard not to worry this is where the MCU peaks. I don't know how they'll be able to top this.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
Definitely going to have to see this at least once more in the theaters, and hopefully soon. Just so much that happened, and some great scenes. Not the best MCU film for me, but the movie that wraps up all the story lines rarely is. That could change the more I watch it though, we shall see. Definitely has some of my favorite moments.
Olsen
AG
I would be completely fine and satisfied if Endgame was the very last MCU movie. Tony's snap could eliminate all evil in the universe.
Noblemen06
AG
Is there a line between fan service and pandering?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
This scene is pretty funny to look back now.

PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I would be completely fine and satisfied if Endgame was the very last MCU movie. Tony's snap could eliminate all evil in the universe.
Yeah. Part of me wishes they would take 5 years off and let it breath a bit.
I, personally , am not interested in Black Widow or Eternals, and only have a little interest in Black Panther 2 and Dr Strange, so my next 2-3 years are kind of meh.

I do have a LOT of interest in GotG3 and Thor 4, however.
and Spiderman
heddleston
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Overall, It was great. I loved it. But something was off for me that kept it from topping some of the other movies. Don't get me wrong, It tied off the last 11 years perfectly, but somewhere in the time heist it just didn't hit with me.

I view it like I do something like The Office finale. Is it the best episode, one i want to watch over and over? No. But its perfect amd ended the story in an incredibly satisfying manor with closure and I'll still watch it every now and then.
Azariah
AG
I can't speak for anyone else, but if you're referring to me, then I think you're overblowing my quibble. I thought the fight scene was great, and I was so happy that my two daughters, 11 and 13, got to see that.

What it did do, however, was make me stop and think about the gender of the people in the scene. Everything else was Awesome Fight only, whereas this pulled me out of the action to notice that they were making a statement.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
heddleston
AG
I feel you. Perfect was probably the wrong word, because I too would have liked to have seen more from some of the other guys, especially the Peters. Quill is a funny/comical character, but he seemed like a whipping boy in this one and I think he's more competent than this movie showed him to be. But like you said, this was made to wrap up the big fellas and I'm totally okay with how it turned out. Not sure this movie could have handled 2 more minutes of stuff to get me what I wanted.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TRM
AG
GreasenUSA said:

CoachRTM said:

Thoughts on post-credit audio clip at the end :

That was the sound of Tony hammering his original iron man suit in the cave, right? I assume that's just to bring it full circle - It started with Iton Man, it ended with Iron Man.
That's what I thought too...

but then I realized that Cap went back with Mjolnir, and didn't have it with him on the bench. Where is Mjolnir? Is that the sound we heard?
I think he had probably returned it to Asgard when he returned the reality stone.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TRM
AG
So how did Cap age?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bruce Almighty
AG
So when Cap decided not to come back, does that mean that in this new timeline, there are 2 Steve Rogers running around, the normal one we know and the one that's aging? If so, could old man Cap be one of the dusted?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TRM
AG
I don't think it's in Steve Rogers nature to lay low say when Hydra is infiltrating Shield all those years living with Peggy.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
C@LAg said:

Fun fact:

Jim Starlin, creator of Thanos, Drax, and Gamora was one of the people in the grief council group early in the film. Nice to see Marvel include him in this.

Fun fact 2:
The gay character talking about his date was Joe Russo.

The Russo Brothers (who directed several episodes of Community) brought in Danny Pudi in Winter Soldier, Jim Rash in Civil War and now Yvette Nicole Brown and Ken Jeong in Endgame.

If they direct any more Marvel films, we may get Joel McHale or Alison Brie.
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
The real question is where the hell has Valkyrie been keeping her Pegasus
TajMaballer
AG
Thor: The Dark World was always towards the bottom of my list of MCU movies, but I'm very excited to watch it again with Endgame in mind.

I think that might be my biggest takeaway from Endgame. It made me WANT to rewatch Thor: The Dark World!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.