Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

173,999 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
Kate Beckett
AG
I am a total mess.

Black Widow is my favorite avenger, and when she went off that cliff, I freaking lost it.
Brock Sampson
AG
Starks are 0/1 so far this weekend
wangus12
AG
Kate Beckett said:

I am a total mess.

Black Widow is my favorite avenger, and when she went off that cliff, I freaking lost it.

You just knew it was gonna be her since Clint had kids
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm still processing this movie.

For me, this one differed greatly from Infinity War. When I left the theater after my first viewing of IW, I knew exactly what I thought of it, with the only question being, was that better than The Winter Soldier or not? With Endgame, I left the theater thinking, holy crap, that was awesome but I don't really know what to think of it. Seeing it again tomorrow, and likely again some time next week, maybe I'll get a clearer picture of the movie.

From one of the trailers, I pegged the opening of this movie perfectly. Didn't seem too difficult to think that was going to happen right off the bat - something had to explain Hawkeye going on a killing spree. What I did not expect in the slightest was the character arcs for both Tony and Steve. Utter perfection for what they did with Steve Rogers.

But one question - does Steve putting the stones back into place have any impact on the events that we've seen up to this point, ie, does it undo anything (say, Winter Soldier's events)? Or is putting them back as he did keeping everything in the known, historic order?
wangus12
AG
One thing I want to know if about the 2012 timeline (end of Avengers). We know Thor took Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard, but in the battle aftermath Robert Redford and SHIELD were very persistent in keeping them on Earth. How did that little situation play out without violence.
_lefraud_
AG
Kate Beckett said:

I am a total mess.

It didn't really hit me until they actually showed her body down there, with the blood...gut wrenching.
The Debt
wangus12 said:

One thing I want to know if about the 2012 timeline (end of Avengers). We know Thor took Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard, but in the battle aftermath Robert Redford and SHIELD were very persistent in keeping them on Earth. How did that little situation play out without violence.

That definitely leaves a CA/Loki film on the table.
Farmer1906
AG
Brock Sampson said:

1/1 in saving the universe.
wreckt01
Really solid ending to an epic storyline. Not a perfect movie (Thor fat suit) but it was a ton of fun. Loved the stark conclusion and the interactions with strange considering what he "knew". Good send off for cap...elevator scene was great. Really wanted one more hulk smash fest, but what ya gonna do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How did Nebula get Thanos' ship back to the future without pym particles? They had enough for one trip each.
Post removed:
by user
bbattbq01
AG
Why is everyone having such a hard time processing that Peter Parker's buddy must have been dusted too and that's why he's still in high school?

Only thing gonna hold this movie back is they can only show it 6 times per day per theater. Excellent finish the the series.
bearamedic99
AG
I'll have to watch for that in my next viewing but maybe on other worlds, they are called Black Maw particles
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Wow...... sorry have not read anything here so if I'm repetitive I apologize. I like to just air my thoughts without being jaded by anyone else's.

That was really really good, ok great, and I'm admittedly NOT a super hero movie fan although I see them all.

This one finally got it right - the biggest reason I've never been too onboard was the flaw with all super hero movies - no real consequences and the hero always wins.

But they got 3 things absolutely right here and that made this the first superhero movie to get me in the feelz - an emotional response from me. And these were all important going in or it could have been ruined.

1. the dead stayed dead (Loki, Heimdall, Vision and Gamora even though Gamora from another timeline is alive that's ok it still means there was an impact from their deaths). Never considered the disintegrated dead so that was fine and expected. But they didn't get cheap and bring back those 4 that had real deaths.
2. there was real emotional depth to the sacrifices here - both Natasha and Tony Stark were done really really well and it was fitting and again it meant something to a lot of people. Also Cap - a fitting end for him even if it is a happier one it is also a sacrifice of sorts (for us).
3. Captain Marvel did not just swoop in and save the day - she was a part for sure and maybe at that moment it was a little convenient of course. but overall she wasn't the super savior and it worked.

Other notes:

The final battle was so epic - gonna have to see it again and again to process it all.

My one eye roll moment was the girl power scene - but it did not ruin anything and they did not overdo it actually. I suppose it might even be a nice touch to some from their perspective (if you want girls superheroes which there certainly have never been many of).

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Brock Sampson said:

1/1 in saving the universe.

gonna be amazing if they both sacrifice themselves on the same weekend in media.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
Looking back, I do wish there had been a bigger/longer battle scene
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
Just like Gamora, alternate Loki lives and has the Tesseract
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Just like Gamora, alternate Loki lives and has the Tesseract
Well yeah I just meant the IW timeline one stayed dead.
AMW2010
AG
Except every seat in the theaters are full with a butt... that's how the theater I went to at 930 this morning was until close... sold out all day, it wasn't like that when I saw infinity wars... I had an empty theater
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AMW2010 said:

Except every seat in the theaters are full with a butt... that's how the theater I went to at 930 this morning was until close... sold out all day, it wasn't like that when I saw infinity wars... I had an empty theater

my 3pm show in Dallas today was half full maybe. bought 4 seats in a middle row about an hour ahead of time.

at best. the entire lower part was empty. around us rows were 2/3 full. this was a huge theater.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Looking back, I do wish there had been a bigger/longer battle scene

After seeing it twice, this is my only major complaint.

But what we do get is amazing. The guy next to me was giddy like a schoolboy when the dusted showed up. Just lost his *****
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
zgood10
AG
Loved it, IW slightly better overall for me

Also Happy with Tony's daughter
Bruce Almighty
AG
My local theater had 18 showings last night between 7p and 3am. All 18 were sold out, which included 6 showings between 2 and 3.
wangus12
AG
third coast.. said:

What did lesean McCoy do?

Posted a bunch of spoilers on twitter.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
c-jags
Our cinemark did not have 2 seats available not in the front for 50+ showings this weekend. Never seen that. But I also don't usually try to go to opening weekend.

I have a feeling this is going to give avatar/titanic a run for their money.
V8Aggie
AG
AMW2010 said:

I went alone... I cried alone... ****...
Here...

I'm not crying, you're crying!
AMW2010
AG
Not sure why so many people seemed to not like thicc Thor, I thought that was hilarious and literally showed what happened to him when he hit rock bottom at 5 years... the women in my theater let out laughs and cry's every time they saw it.

One of my favorite parts was Howard and Tony's interaction. Hit the heart strings
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Best part of the movie.
Kate Beckett
AG
I laughed my arse off at fatty Thor

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.