Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

169,964 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTACO97 said:

Not sure why people keep thinking that the sacrificed people for the Soul stone are stuck somewhere and can be freed? They're dead. We see their dead bodies laying on the ground where they fell. The Soul stone requires a sacrifice, nothing says the person sacrificed is saved somewhere.

As for the question about the Time stone and Dr Strange....that thought had not occurred to me, but now that I think about it, the stones ARE gone. Though the Eye of Agamotto was not Dr Strange's only power. He has plenty of other mystical powers. That one just gave the ability to turn back time.
I suspect it's safe to assume that you aren't Christian/religious?

A soul and a person are separate entities in this respect. The person dies but the soul lives on....somewhere.
AgfromHOU
AG
The soul stone is like that in the comics, which is the source material
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/01/how-avengers-endgame-impacts-spider-man-far-from-home/
Bookmarked for later
FTACO97
AG
MooreTrucker said:

FTACO97 said:

Not sure why people keep thinking that the sacrificed people for the Soul stone are stuck somewhere and can be freed? They're dead. We see their dead bodies laying on the ground where they fell. The Soul stone requires a sacrifice, nothing says the person sacrificed is saved somewhere.

As for the question about the Time stone and Dr Strange....that thought had not occurred to me, but now that I think about it, the stones ARE gone. Though the Eye of Agamotto was not Dr Strange's only power. He has plenty of other mystical powers. That one just gave the ability to turn back time.
I suspect it's safe to assume that you aren't Christian/religious?

A soul and a person are separate entities in this respect. The person dies but the soul lives on....somewhere.
Hahaha....that's kinda funny since I am Christian.

There was nothing in the films to suggest that the person goes in the Soul stone. That's all I was trying to say. Might be in the comics, not sure.
MooreTrucker
AG
dromo07 said:

I think that is where we are missing the boat...

An alternate timeline can not merge into a prime because of the butterfly effect. Now if Cap was always supposed to go back and time and marry Carter under another alias then yes Cap grew old and was able to show up at the end of Endgame [/Nerd debate]
In the Russo brothers' NYTimes interview, they said they talked about it to several quantum physics guys and they all said time travel doesn't work like you think. Back to the Future got it all wrong. So butterfly effect? Who knows.
Gigem314
AG
MooreTrucker said:

dromo07 said:

An alternate timeline can not merge into a prime because of the butterfly effect. Now if Cap was always supposed to go back and time and marry Carter under another alias then yes Cap grew old and was able to show up at the end of Endgame [/Nerd debate]
In the Russo brothers' NYTimes interview, they said they talked about it to several quantum physics guys and they all said time travel doesn't work like you think. Back to the Future got it all wrong. So butterfly effect? Who knows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something that's always bugged me. How and why is Hulk sent to the Sanctorum at thr start of Infinity War?
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Something that's always bugged me. How and why is Hulk sent to the Sanctorum at thr start of Infinity War?

Cuz Heimdall sees all and knew he needed to go see Dr. Strange?

Also cuz that's what happens in the comics, only its the Silver Surfer
rhutton125
AG
No tradebacks on the Soul Stone return. For all intents and purposes, Black Widow is dead. Yes, you could go pluck a Black Widow from another timeline, but in doing so you may ensure that that timeline's Snap is never reversed, and trillions die.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
rhutton125 said:

No tradebacks on the Soul Stone return. For all intents and purposes, Black Widow is dead. Yes, you could go pluck a Black Widow from another timeline, but in doing so you may ensure that that timeline's Snap is never reversed, and trillions die.

Well, technically, you could snatch her from the alternate 2014 since that Thanos is dead. But then you would basically be kidnapping her from her friends in that timeline to fill a void in your own.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
rsf0626
Just watched Endgame last night. It was an amazing movie and a very fitting ending to the avengers story arc...i still think Infinity War was slightly better but all in all still great
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
Except the girl in blue hasn't had a boyfriend in years.
MooreTrucker
AG
Thinking about going to see it again tonight, in IMAX this time. Worth it?
Sex Panther
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Hell yes
The Debt
MooreTrucker said:

dromo07 said:

I was startled to find out that quantum physicists believe that the film that best represents time travel is Bill & Ted.

If you have the capacity of time travel you can will events into existence. Like saying thursday 0600, may 9th 2019 mooretrucker will put $10M on his bed. If you have the capacity to time travel, you can make that happen in the future to affect your present.

Likewise Bill and Ted returned all the historic figures back to their time coordinate as to not interrupt the timeline...just as the inifinity stones were returned to their place in history.

One glaring issue is mjolnir. Thor took it out of the timeline and brought it to the thanos fight. It is out of the timeline.

I have also suggested that they make a film where Captain is restoring the timeline including hunting down Loki and the space gem. But heres the fun bit: cap still has infinity stones and the God of Mischief has the power to warp anywhere at anytime.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The Debt said:

MooreTrucker said:

dromo07 said:

I was startled to find out that quantum physicists believe that the film that best represents time travel is Bill & Ted.

If you have the capacity of time travel you can will events into existence. Like saying thursday 0600, may 9th 2019 mooretrucker will put $10M on his bed. If you have the capacity to time travel, you can make that happen in the future to affect your present.

Likewise Bill and Ted returned all the historic figures back to their time coordinate as to not interrupt the timeline...just as the inifinity stones were returned to their place in history.

One glaring issue is mjolnir. Thor took it out of the timeline and brought it to the thanos fight. It is out of the timeline.

I have also suggested that they make a film where Captain is restoring the timeline including hunting down Loki and the space gem. But heres the fun bit: cap still has infinity stones and the God of Mischief has the power to warp anywhere at anytime.
Cap took the hammer back, just like the stones.
big-ag
AG
I assume Cap returned Mjolnir when he went to Asgard.
TexasAggie_02
AG
he did, it was on the jump pad when he left 2023
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught said:

It's a joke about Endgame becoming the #1 movie, which Avatar currently is.
DVC2010
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

double aught said:

It's a joke about Endgame becoming the #1 movie, which Avatar currently is.

And that was a joke about how nobody has watched Avatar since it left theaters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, it doesn't sound like he got the joke though. Avatar is current #1 - hence, the current girlfriend.
double aught
AG
I think we're all winners here.
caleblyn
double aught said:

I think we're all whiners here.
fify
caleblyn
MooreTrucker said:

I want to go see it again. My only desire is to see it in a packed theater of crazy people, going nuts for the last 45 minutes! My first viewing, the theater was quite somber. My daughter and I were the only ones getting excited verbally.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If that's what you want, just go on a Friday or Saturday night.

Though, I did notice a bit of dropoff in the audience reactions from opening night to Friday night.

Which makes sense, the biggest fans are there opening night.
HoustonAg2106
AG
I saw it at 11:00 AM on Saturday opening weekend and people were going nuts for the last 30 minutes or so
Scotty Flamingo
I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned on here. But I would have loved to see a scene between Cap and Red Skull.
Flashdiaz
AG
wasn't that exciting due to Red Skull feeling a sense of loss so he started hanging out with Thor and Capt. America spending his time as a married man which infringed on his gym time.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FTACO97
AG
So who is this Roger Wardell guy (tweets above that were correct back in December)? Seems like a leak in the MCU offices somewhere. Surprised that guy hasn't been silenced yet...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Maybe it was discussed on another thread but I didn't realize that Red Skull wasn't Hugo Weaving anymore and had been replaced by the guy that plays Aaron in The Walking Dead.
TexasAggie_02
AG
FTACO97 said:

So who is this Roger Wardell guy (tweets above that were correct back in December)? Seems like a leak in the MCU offices somewhere. Surprised that guy hasn't been silenced yet...

that's some major leakage. Glad i'm rarely on twitter

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.