Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,048 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
FTACO97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this may have been posted many pages ago, but likely good as a refresher since we're heavily discussing time travel

Just that person's concept of what occurred but it makes sense
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This would've made the girl power scene great:

After all the women are gathered, Drax runs in there, completely oblivious.
TCTTS
AG
That would have been amazing.
TCTTS
AG
Remind me to never, ever waste time analyzing a Marvel trailer again. They even messed with Black Widow's hair to throw us off the scent of when certain things were taking place...

https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-endgame-manipulated-shots/
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This would've made the girl power scene great:

After all the women are gathered, Drax runs in there, completely oblivious.
That's awesome.

My thought was this. Think of Thor's expression and tone when he finds out it's the Hulk he's going to fight in Ragnorak. And Banner when Thor shows up in Wakanda.

<girl power scene>
Okoye: And she's got a lot of help!
Thor: <holding Stormbreaker over his head, huge smile> .And they're all synced on their periods! <snicker>
Banner: Haaaaahahaha.you guys are so screwed now!<tries to muffle laugh>
Okoye: Wut?
Capt Marvel: <just glares back>
Banner: Huh..huh.just a.....just a joke....sorry
Wanda: <eye rolls>

caleblyn
#27 - CA jumps back to 2023...I disagree. I don't think he jumps at all which is why he is an old man. That might be what he is saying and I am being too picky!
TexasAggie_02
AG
caleblyn said:

#27 - CA jumps back to 2023...I disagree. I don't think he jumps at all which is why he is an old man. That might be what he is saying and I am being too picky!
he jumps back to HIS 2023. he grew old in a separate timeline
Dro07
AG
ya he can't jump from his time line to the future and land in this one... doesn't work that way.
FTACO97
AG
dromo07 said:

ya he can't jump from his time line to the future and land in this one... doesn't work that way.
If it doesn't work that way, then none of the jumps back to 2023 worked after getting the stones....

The device that Tony developed took the traveler through the Quantum realm to a specific time and place.
TexasAggie_02
AG
dromo07 said:

it worked that way the entire movie. every single character (except Nat) jumped from another timeline back to their main timeline. They all aged, you just don't notice it b/c they were gone hours instead of decades.
Dro07
AG
negative because they put the stones back at the exact moment they were taken so not timeline shift.

Prime timeline had Peggy marrying another person.

Alternate timeline had Peggy marrying Cap. Butterfly effect happens and cant not be the same timeline as prime.
Dro07
AG
Right... its the Bill and Ted effect.

They had to remind themselves that they had to do certain things or else it wouldn't happen causing a paradox
FTACO97
AG
dromo07 said:

negative because they put the stones back at the exact moment they were taken so not timeline shift.

Alternate timeline had Peggy marrying Cap. Butterfly effect happens and cant not be the same timeline as prime.
I'm not saying the timeline where Cap and Peggy grew old together was the prime timeline. It was alternate. But Cap used the device to jump to the prime after he grew old in the alternate.
caleblyn
He does not appear on the "Return Platform." Is it not possible for the following...

He did not create a new timeline but only joined the existing timeline. For example, he joined a timeline and actually fought himself but didn't really mess up 2012 CA's timeline. We are talking about CA's timeline, not Carter's. She creates an alternate timeline by creating a different life with CA. However, 2023 CA joins the 1950 timeline and rides it out to where we see him walk upto the Avengers team and the "Time Machine", not travel through time.
caleblyn
FTACO97 said:

dromo07 said:

I'm not saying the timeline where Cap and Peggy grew old together was the prime timeline. It was alternate. But Cap used the device to jump to the prime after he grew old in the alternate.
I believe he DID NOT jump but just merged back to the prime timeline.
Dro07
AG
I think that is where we are missing the boat...

An alternate timeline can not merge into a prime because of the butterfly effect. Now if Cap was always supposed to go back and time and marry Carter under another alias then yes Cap grew old and was able to show up at the end of Endgame [/Nerd debate]
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
caleblyn said:

He does not appear on the "Return Platform." Is it not possible for the following...

He did not create a new timeline but only joined the existing timeline. For example, he joined a timeline and actually fought himself but didn't really mess up 2012 CA's timeline. We are talking about CA's timeline, not Carter's. She creates an alternate timeline by creating a different life with CA. However, 2023 CA joins the 1950 timeline and rides it out to where we see him walk upto the Avengers team and the "Time Machine", not travel through time.
with the Quantum GPS wrist watch, you don't need the platform. the platform allowed them to enter/exit the quantum realm without pym particles (just like the quantum tunnel in the X-Con van). The wristwatch is able to do the same, but it uses pym particles. Cap and Tony use the watches to go from 2012 to 1970 without ever going back to the platform first. Old cap does the same to return to his original timeline.
toucan82
I liked when Rocket slapped Thor
TCTTS
AG
caleblyn
Well, I think there are events that would occur in both timelines. For example Donald Trump would be elected in 2016 in both timelines. If this is the case, then why can't there eventually be a merge back to "normal." So in our case...

In 1950 - 1950CA is sleeping. 2023CA is with Carter
In 2010 (Can't remember the date) 1950CA wakes up. Carter in poor health. 2023CA is in hiding.
1950CA continues down the path that we know. 2023CA is still in hiding, growing old.
In 2023 - 2023CA goes back and 1950CA shows up, where the merge occurs and now we have only one CA.

So CA would be about 170 years old in a 100 year old body. Assuming he was born around 1925

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So how does 2014 Thanos' entire ship get sent to 2023 without pym particles?
YellAgs
AG
They had pym particles plus the gps. Go reread a few pages back
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I googled it and apparently there is an explanation, which takes place entirely offscreen.

Quote:

Q: How did Thanos bring his army to the future?
A: There is a guy called Maw in his army; he was a great wizard. Thanos himself was a brilliant genius as well. Those two easily reverse engineered, and mass-produced Pym Particles.
'Avengers: Endgame' directors just explained some of the movie's biggest mysteries, BGR, April 30th, 2019
Wouldn't it have been good to at least explain this through dialogue?
Gangnam Style
AG
YellAgs said:

They had pym particles plus the gps. Go reread a few pages back

From Russos interview:

Q: How did Thanos bring his army to the future?

A: There is a guy called Maw in his army; he was a great wizard. Thanos himself was a brilliant genius as well. Those two easily reverse engineered, and mass-produced Pym Particles.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So how does 2014 Thanos' entire ship get sent to 2023 without pym particles?
this was discussed yesterday, but the posts are flying around here so it is easy to miss.

The Russo's said in an interview this weekend that Thanos and Maw reversed engineered the Pym Particles taken from "Good" Nebula. They really should have thrown a quick line in there with Thanos asking Maw "can you duplicate this?" or something, b/c it is not clear at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, if Thanos can now produce pym particles, it seems like a really easy loophole to bring him back for another Avengers movie down the line.
TexasAggie_02
AG
except that Thanos, and his knowledge of Pym particles is dead.
PDWT_12
AG

Edit: Already answered. Should have refreshed before posting
maca1028
I would think present day Thanos and 2014 Thanos both being dead would clear that possibility up too. It's kind of like the double tap theory in Zombieland.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also, if Thanos can now produce pym particles, it seems like a really easy loophole to bring him back for another Avengers movie down the line.
what would be crazy is if the creation of multiple timelines causes problems years down the road.

"The bill comes due"

What if someone from other timelines with their own quantum machines show up in the main timeline looking for help?
Sex Panther
AG
Most are probably aware, but for those that aren't, Maw (Ebony Maw to be exact), was introduced and in the movies. He's this guy:

I didn't need the explanation but I suppose it would have been an easy piece of dialogue to put in there... although I thought he said something along the lines of "Get these to the Maw". I'm seeing it again tomorrow so I'll check and see if he did or not.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Understood, but there's also a new Thanos-less timeline, but with plenty of Pym particles, where someone loyal to Thanos could somehow learn what happened, fly to Earth, steal some particles and go back farther in time to save Thanos.

Not saying it's probable, just that they could definitely do it if they find themselves in dire need of another world-ending threat in a future Avengers.

Edit: Looks like we're already on the same page.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i would hope that all of Thanos' R&D went down in flames when Capt Marvel destroyed his ship.

But it is interesting that there is now a timeline where Ronan is looking for the Power stone with no Thanos, Nebula or Gamora. Do the Guardians (minus Gamora) still form up? or does quill just keep sleeping around the galaxy while Ronan blows through Xandar?
FTACO97
AG
caleblyn said:

The directors disagree with you:

Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/bj2c8s/end_game_qa_from_russo_brothers_in_china/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.