Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,021 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, that movie's pretty forgettable. Only thing I remember is Magneto's family getting killed in the woods. Fassbender is so good.
rhutton125
AG
I saww the end of the wooooold
FTACO97
AG
https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-time-travel-rules-writers-directors/

So McFeely and Markus have contradicted the Russo brothers on whether Cap lived in an alternate time line.

I just saw Endgame for the 2nd time last night and it stuck out to me that the Ancient One made a point that only removing one of the stones would create an alternate reality. Then, when Hulk is talking to Cap as he's about to return the stones, Hulk reminds him that they have to be returned to the exact time they were taken or it would create alternate realities and Cap responds "Yes, clip all the branches...I got it'. I would agree with the writers based on what was said in the film.

DVC2010
AG
The problem with that interpretation is that it doesn't make sense.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Returning the stones to the alternate timelines restored balance and prevented an even darker future (literally the dark dimension consuming earth, among other possible problems).

It did not close, erase, or merge those timelines. They clearly spell out that Back to the Future is BS. And that you cannot change YOUR past, you only create new timelines. Otherwise, prime Cap would've remembered fighting himself, and Loki would've had the tesseract instead of it going into Odins vault, and a bunch of other stuff.

Steve got his dance, but it wasn't his Peggy. Her Steve was still frozen, and wouldn't be found until she was old with dementia.
jackie childs
TexasAggie_02 said:

Returning the stones to the alternate timelines restored balance and prevented an even darker future (literally the dark dimension consuming earth, among other possible problems).

It did not close, erase, or merge those timelines. They clearly spell out that Back to the Future is BS. And that you cannot change YOUR past, you only create new timelines. Otherwise, prime Cap would've remembered fighting himself, and Loki would've had the tesseract instead of it going into Odins vault, and a bunch of other stuff.

Steve got his dance, but it wasn't his Peggy. Her Steve was still frozen, and wouldn't be found until she was old with dementia.

i'd like to see Marvel really explore the darkest timeline...

goinjukin
TexasAggie_02 said:

Why wouldn't she be considered his Peggy? If his Peggy was the one from the events of Captain America:The First Avenger - the one he met in the SSR and befriended and the one who promised to show him how to dance right before he crashed the plane into the ice - that's the same Peggy that he connects with after traveling back in time at the end of Endgame. They still had all those same shared experiences.

And the same is true for Peggy, Prime Cap is still Her Steve.

When Prime Cap travels back in time to join Peggy (after returning the stones), that's when Branch Peggy deviates from Prime Peggy. Prior to that point Prime Peggy and Branch Peggy are the same person.

• Branch Peggy and Prime Cap grow old together.
  • Prime Peggy doesn't see Prime Cap again until she's old and they have their conversation in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  • Branch Cap is on ice and we don't know what happens to him or if he's ever even discovered.

That's my interpretation anyway.
bearamedic99
AG
Just saw it for the second time, this time in IMAX.

Great stuff. Kept watching for Easter eggs around, like in the old shield base. I definitely spotted Howard the Duck.

I didn't get Misty eyed the first viewing but did this time at the passing off of Cap's shield.
Bobcat06
AG
jackie childs said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

i'd like to see Marvel really explore the darkest timeline...

Both Troy (Homecoming) and Abed (Winter Soldier) exist in the MCU, so it's possible
texasaggie04
AG
double aught said:

Yep, that movie's pretty forgettable. Only thing I remember is Magneto's family getting killed in the woods. Fassbender is so good.

Speaking of forgettable, X-men first class was on TV the other day. Oh man, that movie was bad.
double aught
AG
Disagree on that one. Good flic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
texasaggie04 said:

double aught said:

Speaking of forgettable, X-men first class was on TV the other day. Oh man, that movie was bad.
Huh? That's probably the best one in the series.
texasaggie04
AG
double aught said:

Go back and give it another watch, particularly the end. Banshee screaming at the water, the red teleporter guy, Kevin Bacon as the big baddie... It feels cheesy to me - especially if compared to the Avengers (which was released less than a year later).
Bruce Almighty
AG
I love First Class
jeffk
AG
It's the best in the series, but it's still pretty corn-bally. Which I guess speaks to how bad many of the X-men movies have been.
TCTTS
AG
I have so much work to do, but there's so much juicy info in the 10 minutes I watched of that interview. Gonna have to go back and watch the whole thing. Thanks for posting.
ChimbosAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thanks for the share, this was some great insight on the entire production. Really let's you know what it took to make this movie and how they planned to wrap it all up.
double aught
AG
texasaggie04 said:

double aught said:

Go back and give it another watch, particularly the end. Banshee screaming at the water, the red teleporter guy, Kevin Bacon as the big baddie... It feels cheesy to me - especially if compared to the Avengers (which was released less than a year later).
It's a little cheesy, but I think it goes well with the 60s setting. A lot of it seems to be by design. Even with the cheese, it's a good story, told well. And I love McAvoy and Fassbender in their roles. But I get where you're coming from.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
texasaggie04 said:

double aught said:

Let's be fair. Avengers is pretty cheesy too.
JD Shellnut
AG
I really liked first class and days of future past, but apocalypse was trash.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Just saw it for the second time, this time in IMAX.

Great stuff. Kept watching for Easter eggs around, like in the old shield base. I definitely spotted Howard the Duck.

I didn't get Misty eyed the first viewing but did this time at the passing off of Cap's shield.
Maybe it's being a dad of daughters, but the part that really busts me up is Scott Lang seeing his daughter 5 years older and realizing that he missed every one of her moments over those past 5 years, but also that she assumes he was dead for all of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly didn't even care for Antman movies but this part got me good, too. I think more so than anything else.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I honestly didn't even care for Antman movies but this part got me good, too. I think more so than anything else.
I hadn't seen the movie until last Saturday, and was already nostalgic as I saw it at the Cinemark 24 in College Station, my first time there since 1997. Anyway, if you're a dad of daughter(s), Antman, Hawkeye, and Ironman's journeys really get you good. I know Tony Stark's "I love you 3000" line is the one making the rounds the most, but Paul Rudd shows that he is one hell of an actor in his reuniting scene with his daughter.

I think this might require a "What movies have you seen at the Cinemark 24 in College Station" thread. TC - you think that'll fly? I was in school at A&M when that behemoth opened.
MooreTrucker
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I think this might require a "What movies have you seen at the Cinemark 24 in College Station" thread. TC - you think that'll fly? I was in school at A&M when that behemoth opened.
That was before my time I think. We went to movies at (I think) the Campus theater or something like that. It's across from the new used-to-be-Moore-and-Crocker dorm and was at one time Daisy Duke's. I can't remember what it is now. I saw Rocky Horror there for the first time in a midnight Halloween showing .
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ooh, that sounds like a solid idea for a thread.

Saw Iron Man there and remember being surprised at the huge line for that movie on opening weekend, considering it was a relatively unknown property at the time.

The first one I saw at that theater, I believe, was The Departed in a packed theater.

I think my favorite part about that theater is that it was almost always packed on weekends and with very reactive crowds. I know some people don't like that but I always enjoy movies more with a big audience. Especially comedies.

Edit: Are we talking about the same Cinemark? (Was there one before the current Cinemark 18?)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My first film there was Houseguest starring Phil Hartman and Sinbad in 1995. I think it made $543 at the box office.
c-jags
Drifter. said:

Days of Future Past, Logan, and DPs are the only xverse movies I have liked in the last 15 years. I lean heavily towards X-men as opposed to Avengers/FF/Spider-Man.

I say this as a guy who has his name in the back of a Wolverine comic writing to the editor in the 90s.
rhutton125
AG
DoFP > First Class. And I'll fight you over it. I'll fight all of you.

Anyway, it's been about a page so let me pre-emptively post the answer to someone's question: it's the kid from Iron Man 3.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

That theater was after my time.

I was at A&M and actually worked at the Schulman theater that was on East 29th. Started there shortly after the murder that happened during a late-night robbery attempt.
kyledr04
AG
I still live in CS so I've seen alot a Cinemark but even before A&M and moving here came with family that lived nearby when I was a kid. Even went to the Shulman and the theater that was in the Villa Maria/Tejas center shopping area.
jackie childs
rhutton125 said:

DoFP > First Class. And I'll fight you over it. I'll fight all of you.

i like to think that anybody who loves DoFP has a 2023 version of him or herself that would go back in time to try and talk the 2019 version of you out of riding so hard for it
TCTTS
AG
I've been one the most vocal X-Men movie franchise critics here, and I have to say that DOFP is not only pretty damn good, but it might actually be my favorite X-Men movie outside of Logan. Sure, it has its flaws, but it's a fun ride, and I just love the whole time travel element. It was Endgame before Endgame, in the sense that it was the first of these franchise movies to embrace the franchise retrospective conceit within its own narrative, done in a really cool way that cleverly connected the initial X-Men movies with the First Class crew. I wish all the ages and the timelines lined up better, but I've long since let go of how terrible this franchise has been at providing any kind of consistency in that regard.
bearamedic99
AG
We'll put. They even gave a nod to Kelsey Grammer. It was so awesome at it's time.
MBAR
AG
Drifter. said:

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.