Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,019 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They've made 2.3 billion dollars. It's not like its a secret.
caleblyn
Just watched it for a second time. I got more choked up the second time than the first. For some reason I got choked up when Thor was wanting to put on the glove that Hulk eventually takes.
Scotty Flamingo
Andyzipp said:

MooreTrucker said:

Just got home from seeing it and haven't read the thread yet, so apologies if it's been discussed, but I gotta know something.

At the end, at Tony's memorial thing, there was a young guy standing by himself toward the back on the right, kinda in front of Colbie Smulders. Dark hair, kinda looked like Harry Styles.

Who was that?
Kid from Iron Man 3.

Kang the Conqueror as the next big baddie confirmed
jackie childs
TexasAggie_02 said:

littlebitofhifi said:

Just saw an updated TV spot that ends with Cap yielding Mjolnir. I know the spoiler "ban" is lifted but I kind of hate that such a great moment is now hitting the masses as a clip. It just plays so well mid-battle.
they know that most of the die-hards have seen it, they are trying to get anyone on the fence to go "****, i need to see that"

there's also a TV spot with fat Thor, and Capt fighting Capt.

EDIT: I also had a google news notification pushed to my phone this morning that said starting this weekend, the new SpiderMan trailer is being added to the post credits for anyone that sticks around.
i think it also encourages 2nd and 3rd viewings. even more than a year later, every time i see the clip of Thor arriving in Wakanda, it makes me want to watch IW
TexasAggie_02
AG
Interesting that Tony calls Thor lebowski, considering that Jeff bridges is in Iron man 1.

Also the star wars reference in civil war, since Samuel l Jackson is in the prequels.

Also, Aliens is mentioned in IW and Bill Paxton was a HYDRA operative on SHIELD.
double aught
AG
Hemsworth was in Star Trek which was mentioned in Endgame. There's probably lots more.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Stark calling Hawkeye Legolas. Evangeline lilly, Martin freeman, Hugo weaving, Liv Tyler, Andy Serkis
DVC2010
AG
When you build a series of 22 movies over 12 years, you're going to have some crossover with other franchises.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
You've got a mean swing, Point Break. Stark to Thor in the first Avengers
swimmerbabe11

Although, I would make Alicia Silverstone Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch and Eliza Dushku as Scarlet Witch
TexasAggie_02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Although, I would make Alicia Silverstone Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch and Eliza Dushku as Scarlet Witch

Rocket needs to be Al Pacino or Nic Cage
Black widow : Sarah Michelle geller

Odin : Sean Connery
The collector : Christopher Walken
Grandmaster : Jeff goldblum
Younger Hank pym : Michael Douglas
Janet van dyne: Catherine zeta Jones
Luis: Antonio Banderas
Maria Hill: Sandra bullock
Kid from Iron man 3: Haley Joel Osment

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fairview
AG
C@LAg said:

Sex Panther said:

I just want it to unseat Avatar, which is unworthy of the #1 position.

Not only that, I want it to make it enough that Avatar 14 or whatever can't pass it when movie tickets cost $50/each.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Janet van dyne: Catherine zeta Jones
What's wrong with younger Michelle Pfeiffer? She was no slouch in the 90s.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

Sex Panther said:

Cameron will rerelease it out of spite.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

C@LAg said:

Sex Panther said:

Cameron will rerelease it out of spite.
In 3D only.
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

That might have actually been one of my top 3 moments in the film in terms of being rewarded for watching the films. I was probably the only person in my theater laughing at that line. It was so subtle and effective.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
texasaggie04
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

texasaggie04 said:

Butcher of Blaviken said:

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned on here. But I would have loved to see a scene between Cap and Red Skull.

I think it was in the interview mentioned here before that the guardian of the soul stone might look like red skull but he's basically a different entity now. He wouldn't even know the history that he and Rogers had together.
except he tells Thanos that he once, too sought the stones. "i even held one in my hand"

Hmm yeah. Maybe he has fragments of memory. I found the quote, was from a Q&A with Russo.

"Red Skull would probably put the soul stone back to its location, and wait for the next unfortunate stone seeker to make sacrifice. Cap and Red Skull probably won't fight. It's because it's his mission to return the stone to its original place. The Red Skull is also no longer the same Red Skull from FA. He is more like a ghost, you could almost say he's a completely different entity now. He only exists to guard the stone, his past conscious may or may not exist anymore."
Carlo4
AG
Was there an Arrested Development Easter egg?
Carlo4
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Stark calling Hawkeye Legolas. Evangeline lilly, Martin freeman, Hugo weaving, Liv Tyler, Andy Serkis

Stark calling Thor Lebowski
Carlo4
AG
Just saw it. Great ending. Really wanted a scene with Captain America returning the stone to Red Skull. My only "complaint".
MooreTrucker
AG
C@LAg said:

RDJ of 20-25 years ago could still be stark.
there was no black Nick Fury in the 90s; he would have been david hasslehoff
gamora does not have to be reserved for a black actress, but Halle B is as good as any
This actually happened

TexasAggie_02
AG
That'sthejoke. Jpg
texasaggie04
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Was there an Arrested Development Easter egg?

Ken Jeong was the security guard where the van was locked up. Not sure if that's the same, I've not seen arrested development...
bearamedic99
AG
No, that was Community
MooreTrucker
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

That'sthejoke. Jpg
Well, I kinda thought so but I'm a tad slow this morning. Had a big birthday party last night.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Whos Juan
AG
Just saw it for the 2nd time.

The first time I didn't pick up the Asguardian guards calling Rocket a rabbit when they were chasing him through the halls.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

caleblyn said:

Okay, getting off the time travel discussion...

How many times will you watch it in the theater?

I watched Infinity War 3 times. This one, I might watch once more in the theater. IW was a fantastic theater movie. EG is a great movie but probably not 3 times worthy!
Going back to my youth, seeing movies repeatedly in the theater was my deal. Lost count of the number of times I saw all the Star Wars OT or Raiders of the Lost Ark, or even something like First Blood ... but as I've grown older, I've tried to maintain a limit on the number of times seeing a particular movie. For one, the movies I see multiple times have to be the big-budget, summer blockbuster kind of movies. I saw all the Star Wars PT movies 4 times each, although I added another viewing of Episode I when they released it in 3D. I've seen each of the Captain America movies and the first two Avengers movies 3 times each, and I think I squeezed in a second showing of Spider-Man Homecoming but the rest of the MCU movies I've seen only once in the theater.

For Infinity War I saw that one 4 times. I've already seen Endgame 3 times, and I'm leaning toward calling it a day on that one ... but listening to the score makes me want to go see it one more time.
My girls went away for a Girl Scout camping weekend ... so with nothing else that needed doing, a honey-do list that is pretty much knocked out, I decided to go to the movies. Yeah, nothing else remotely interesting, so I've now seen Endgame 4 times.

Damn that movie is great. The tone between Infinity War and Endgame is so different, yet both work spectacularly at what they are doing. As a 1-2 punch, I can't think of any movies of a similar nature that work this well together. Maybe Star Wars and Empire, but Empire doesn't put the big bow on top of things to finish things off, and Jedi fails to reach the level that Endgame does (the Ewoks, argh, I shouldn't get started on that).

I never thought these movies could ever have been this thought-provoking, so well written with characters that one actually gives a rip about.

Iron Man ... wow. We go from self-centered, egotistical SOB and "You're not the one to lay down on a live wire" to a man who must protect what he has gained, and is willing to do whatever it takes to protect his family, including wielding the gauntlet and snapping Thanos to dust even though that will kill him. His complete arc is fully fleshed out; as with Logan, we never need to see Iron Man on screen again with another actor.

Captain America ... I doubt that I'm alone in this thought, but I never expected to see Captain America emerge from either IW or EG alive. There was a scene in a comic where Cap faces off with Thanos, who is monologuing to the effect of saying "big words for a man who is about to die", something like that. I had hoped for a meaningful death for Cap, something that would prove his good nature. Then the Russos pulled a fast one and let Cap have his life. I'm not bothered by the technicalities of time travel; I'll just accept what they present, whether in Back to the Future, Star Trek, or Avengers. Upon all my re-watches, it is clear that Bucky knew exactly what Cap was going to do when he stepped onto that platform with the stones. And then the words that Cap said to Falcon, the way he said them (Falcon - you want to tell me about her? Cap - no, I don't think I will) just sounded like something a man of Steve Rogers' age would say, a different outlook on life that the people who grew up during the Great Depression and WWII had. I was elated to see him finally get his dance with Peggy Carter.

Black Widow ... she was eye candy in Iron Man 2. But her character grew through the Russo movies, and here we have a broken woman who looks like she is fighting to just not give up. I think there was always real affection between her and Clint Barton, but Endgame really brought it out. The entire sequence on Vormir was gut-wrenching - you don't want to see either of these characters die, but you know that one must. My daughter bawled almost uncontrollably after she fell off that mountain, and full disclosure, I was a bit misty eyed as well.

Thor ... his character arc makes perfect sense. He failed in Infinity War. That failure leads him to just give up, and the result is fat Thor. We see him struggle throughout Endgame with wanting to do something that gives him a success ... but no, he's not the one to wear the gauntlet, and that works out for the best. I'm really hoping they bring him into the next Guardians movie.

Thanos ... there has only been one villain in cinematic history that I consider to be so well-rounded, and that is Darth Vader. It's amazing that we first see Thanos briefly at the end of the first Avengers movie, and he pops up from time to time in a few of the other movies. The build-up of this character was so long in terms of the number of movies and the years between Avengers and Ragnorak, so by the time of IW audiences had a decent idea of what to expect from Thanos. But then IW gave us a deep character, not just a bad guy who is a bad guy because he wants to do something that is bad, and that movie had an Empire Strikes Back style ending with Thanos emerging victorious and the heroes suffering a defeat. And then, in the first half hour of Endgame, Thanos is dead, but we get to see a more vicious, more blood-thirsty Thanos from earlier years before he, too, is ultimately defeated. A part of me actually hoped he wouldn't be dusted, but in the end, he probably needed to just disappear. His story is done.

Prior to IW, I had long considered The Winter Soldier to be the best of the MCU movies. When IW came out, it was one that I liked as much as TWS, but I think the combination of IW/Endgame is sufficient to knock TWS down a notch.

I've seen Endgame enough in the theater. Now I cannot wait to get it on BR.
MooreTrucker
GreasenUSA
AG
Saw it for the 4th time last night also (the most times I've ever seen a movie in the theater), and completely agree with everything you summarized.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.