Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

171,102 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just had a whoa moment

In the beginning of IW, Thanos wants the Tesseract from Loki and Thor believes it was destroyed with Asgard but Loki manages to produce the Tesseract.

What if this Tesseract is not the original but the one Loki absconded with in Endgame?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
JJxvi
AG
Loki takes the Tesseract in Ragnarok
The Debt
bearamedic99 said:

Just had a whoa moment

In the beginning of IW, Thanos wants the Tesseract from Loki and Thor believes it was destroyed with Asgard but Loki manages to produce the Tesseract.

What if this Tesseract is not the original but the one Loki absconded with in Endgame?

After Avengers 1, Thor takes Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard. For some reason Lokis staff stayed on earth and fell into Hydras hands so the beginning of Avengers 2 they retrieve it.

So presumably, the Tesseract stayed in Odins vault from the end of Avengers 1 to Ragnorak when Loki palms it.

Iirc the reason the reality stone was taken to the Collector (Thor 2) is because Thor thought it was unwise to keep 2 infinity stones together in Odins Vault.
TexasAggie_02
AG
The Debt said:

bearamedic99 said:

Just had a whoa moment

After Avengers 1, Thor takes Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard. For some reason Lokis staff stayed on earth and fell into Hydras hands so the beginning of Avengers 2 they retrieve it.

So presumably, the Tesseract stayed in Odins vault from the end of Avengers 1 to Ragnorak when Loki palms it.

Iirc the reason the reality stone was taken to the Collector (Thor 2) is because Thor thought it was unwise to keep 2 infinity stones together in Odins Vault.

They needed the tesseract to repair the bifrost. Thor destroyed the gate to the bifrost in Thor 1. The bifrost can be summoned through dark magic, as Heimdal did in IW, but that is not ideal.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
double aught
AG
Directors have been doing this sort of thing for decades when records have been broken. Pretty cool.
Dro07
AG
Didn't James Cameron talk mad crap about comic book movies like marvel?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

"I'm hoping we'll start getting Avenger fatigue here pretty soon. Not that I don't love the movies. It's just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It's like, oy!"
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

"I'm hoping we'll start getting Avenger fatigue here pretty soon. Not that I don't love the movies. It's just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It's like, oy!"

As opposed to terminator, aliens, and avatar?

Hawkeye - family
Ant Man - family
Stark and cap - want a family, finally get it
Also stark - father figure to Peter
GOTG - bonds like a family
Widow - Avengers are her family
Thor - loses his family, tries to reconcile with his brother, loses him too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I don't think anyone defends his statement. At least not about his specific complaints.
Ulrich
It's just particularly interesting that Cameron chose that specific complaint (without families) when there are several characters for whom family is a dominant theme. Cap seeking a family. GOTG coping with not having families; the key emotional beats from both movies are about what "family" really means. Thor gradually losing his entire family and struggling to handle it. Hawkeye protecting his family. Natasha slowly and painfully building a surrogate family across a dozen movies. Nebula trying to satisfy a father figure drives everything about her. Stark finding peace through his family is secondary to battling ego and control, but still a real theme.
MooreTrucker
AG
Not to mention that Nat is not a "hyper-gonadal male" by any stretch of the imagination.

Neither are Wanda, Gamora, Black Panther's head guard who's name I can neither remember or spell, or Captain Marvel.
Gigem314
AG
C@LAg said:

rhutton125
AG
I think that was just Cameron patting himself on the back for making legendary blockbuster films (Terminator 2 and Aliens, in particular) with female heroes. It took the MCU 19 films to catch up to that, essentially.

It's harder and harder to defend Cameron as he plows forward with 3-4 Avatar sequels that nobody wants, but he'll always be able to claim he was progressive with his old stuff, I guess.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"It took The Avengers to sink my Titanic."

No, it took one rat crawling across the dashboard of a sh*tty old van to take down your Titanic.
ChimbosAg
AG
Just saw it for a second time Today. First time around was far better since the theater was packed with real fans of the movie on opening night. I have one question, has anyone found the A113 Easter egg they usually put in Disney movies? I haven't seen it posted anywhere and kept a look out for it today but didn't see it anywhere. Did anyone else have any luck?
MooreTrucker
AG
ChimbosAg said:

Just saw it for a second time Today. First time around was far better since the theater was packed with real fans of the movie on opening night. I have one question, has anyone found the A113 Easter egg they usually put in Disney movies? I haven't seen it posted anywhere and kept a look out for it today but didn't see it anywhere. Did anyone else have any luck?
This wasn't technically a Disney movie when it was done, was it?
ChimbosAg
AG
They've been putting it in all the other marvel movies. Even though it is marvel, Disney is in fact the parent company.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I don't think all the Marvel movies have it. The only ones I know about are The Avengers and Spider-Man
bangobango
AG
Quote:

A113 (sometimes A-113, A1-13 or A11-3) is an inside joke, an Easter egg in media created by alumni of California Institute of the Arts, referring to the classroom used by graphic design and character animation students including John Lasseter, Tim Burton and Brad Bird. Bird first used it for a license plate number in the "Family Dog" episode of Amazing Stories. It has appeared in other Disney movies and every Pixar movie.

Bird said, "I put it into every single one of my films, including my Simpsons episodesit's sort of my version of Hirschfeld's 'Nina.'"[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A113
Bruce Almighty
AG
Also, it's not a Disney Easter Egg (though it shows up in many Disney movies), it's a Brad Bird / John Lassiter thing going back to television shows like The Simpsons. It's in every Pixar movie, but only a few other Disney movies, including only two MCU appearances.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChimbosAg
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Also, it's not a Disney Easter Egg (though it shows up in many Disney movies), it's a Brad Bird / John Lassiter thing going back to television shows like The Simpsons. It's in every Pixar movie, but only a few other Disney movies, including only two MCU appearances.

Okay you are correct, after a bit of research it's only in those two and GOTG as well. Definitely more of Pixar and some Disney movies. Thanks for the Clarification.
Ulrich
Bumblebee Cummerbund looks like a total dork in real life and I love it.
texasaggie04
AG
Butcher of Blaviken said:

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned on here. But I would have loved to see a scene between Cap and Red Skull.

I think it was in the interview mentioned here before that the guardian of the soul stone might look like red skull but he's basically a different entity now. He wouldn't even know the history that he and Rogers had together.
TexasAggie_02
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Butcher of Blaviken said:

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned on here. But I would have loved to see a scene between Cap and Red Skull.

I think it was in the interview mentioned here before that the guardian of the soul stone might look like red skull but he's basically a different entity now. He wouldn't even know the history that he and Rogers had together.
except he tells Thanos that he once, too sought the stones. "i even held one in my hand"
TexasAggie_02
AG
something to think about going forward. since they only reversed the snap, and not prevented any of the events of IW, Xandar and Knowhere are still destroyed. Although, I am assuming that only the Capital City on Xandar was destroyed, and not the entire planet. So Nova Corps could still be a thing.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jackie childs
Tom Holland on Kimmel last night:

Quote:

Tom Holland thought that one of the most heartbreaking scenes in "Avengers: Endgame" was a wedding, but it actually turned out to be a funeral.

"This is how bad it is for me... I was told it was a wedding," Holland, who plays Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, said during an appearance on ABC's "Jimmy Kimme Live" on Thursday with "Spider-Man: Far From Home" costars Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, and Cobie Smulders.

"I showed up to the wedding and I was like, 'Where's Robert [Downey Jr.]?'" Holland continued.

littlebitofhifi
AG
Just saw an updated TV spot that ends with Cap yielding Mjolnir. I know the spoiler "ban" is lifted but I kind of hate that such a great moment is now hitting the masses as a clip. It just plays so well mid-battle.
TexasAggie_02
AG
littlebitofhifi said:

Just saw an updated TV spot that ends with Cap yielding Mjolnir. I know the spoiler "ban" is lifted but I kind of hate that such a great moment is now hitting the masses as a clip. It just plays so well mid-battle.
they know that most of the die-hards have seen it, they are trying to get anyone on the fence to go "****, i need to see that"

there's also a TV spot with fat Thor, and Capt fighting Capt.

EDIT: I also had a google news notification pushed to my phone this morning that said starting this weekend, the new SpiderMan trailer is being added to the post credits for anyone that sticks around.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Ah yeah, I hadn't seen those. I get it....but still bums me out for some reason
MooreTrucker
AG
littlebitofhifi said:

Also one with the "Avengers Assemble" moment.

And yeah, I was bummed too, but that's the way of all movies these days, giving away most of the big moments in commercials. It seemed like Marvel was immune to that until now.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i think they are trying to beat Avatar, so they are throwing out all of the stops before Aladdin and other summer movies hit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.