Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

171,027 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i'm starting to get that glazed over Inception feeling...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sorry if this has been answered, but has there been any explanation as to how he returned to the original timeline at the end (as Old Cap) if he did create a new/alternate timeline?
Urban Ag
AG
toucan82 said:

I liked when Rocket slapped Thor
I liked that part too.

And if anyone else would like to chime in please do because even thinking about time travel makes my f'ing face hurt.
caleblyn
Seems to support what I am trying to say rather than disagree. A new reality creates but still the same CA prime reality.

How about this question, if CA jumped forward to 2023, what year was it when he jumped? He looks like he aged a good 50-60 years. That would put it around 2010-2020. I am saying that he didn't jump at all but just walked up and sat down.
FTACO97
AG
I give up...

I just keep remembering all the awesome scenes in this film. Can't wait for my next viewing, hopefully IMAX.

I watched Kevin Smith's 1hr+ review yesterday and got misty eyed again when he was.

Still get chills thinking about "On your left".
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sex Panther said:

Most are probably aware, but for those that aren't, Maw (Ebony Maw to be exact), was introduced and in the movies. He's this guy:

I didn't need the explanation but I suppose it would have been an easy piece of dialogue to put in there... although I thought he said something along the lines of "Get these to the Maw". I'm seeing it again tomorrow so I'll check and see if he did or not.
Otherwise known as Squidward.
jackie childs
i wish peter could have participated in the discussion of pop culture/movies with time travel
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would've been great.

It would've been awesome if someone kept taking out pictures of themselves to make sure they hadn't disappeared.
caleblyn
Okay, getting off the time travel discussion...

How many times will you watch it in the theater?

I watched Infinity War 3 times. This one, I might watch once more in the theater. IW was a fantastic theater movie. EG is a great movie but probably not 3 times worthy!
agenjake
I was waiting for a "Remember that really old movie Lord of the Rings where there's like 12 endings?"
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but has there been any explanation as to how he returned to the original timeline at the end (as Old Cap) if he did create a new/alternate timeline?
Dro07
FTACO97
AG
caleblyn said:

I watched Infinity War 3 times. This one, I might watch once more in the theater. IW was a fantastic theater movie. EG is a great movie but probably not 3 times worthy!
At least 3x total. Maybe 4. This movie is so freaking epic that I've honestly been bored with all other media since. I have to see it a few more times and get it out of my system.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm seeing it tomorrow for the second time. I rarely see movies twice in the theater, and there is a very good chance this will be the first one I ever see three times. Unbelievable props to Marvel for what they've done and the universe they built. Amazing.
TCTTS
AG
Just bought a ticket to see it again on Saturday. I feel like a drug addict. I need that high one more time before this cultural moment is over.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm jealous you had such a great crowd. I wish I could've seen it with a crowd that went nuts like that when Cap wielded Mjolnir and the dusted cavalry showed up.
rhutton125
AG
Here's another concise time travel explanation, for those that keep asking:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bjgqp2/endgame_spoilers_two_simple_rules_for/
Urban Ag
AG
The time travel aspect of End Game is like the amazingly awesome tacos I get now and then at the paki-mart down the street. I'm not completely sure what's in them. And the kitchen they come out of does not look appealing. But got damn they are good. I would just rather not know the details.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it was crazy. I'm seeing it at different theater closer to my place this time - a little more upscale and an older-ish crowd - so it won't be near as fun. But man, last Saturday, when people started going nuts just for the trailers, I knew we were in for a treat. Even my buddy who doesn't like "comic book" movies was super into how into it the crowd was. The Chinese Theater seats nearly 1000 people, every seat was obviously full, and I'm not exaggerating when I said it was like a football game a couple times, especially, yeah, that Cap/ Mjoinir bit. Just so much pure joy in that place.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
caleblyn said:

Going back to my youth, seeing movies repeatedly in the theater was my deal. Lost count of the number of times I saw all the Star Wars OT or Raiders of the Lost Ark, or even something like First Blood ... but as I've grown older, I've tried to maintain a limit on the number of times seeing a particular movie. For one, the movies I see multiple times have to be the big-budget, summer blockbuster kind of movies. I saw all the Star Wars PT movies 4 times each, although I added another viewing of Episode I when they released it in 3D. I've seen each of the Captain America movies and the first two Avengers movies 3 times each, and I think I squeezed in a second showing of Spider-Man Homecoming but the rest of the MCU movies I've seen only once in the theater.

For Infinity War I saw that one 4 times. I've already seen Endgame 3 times, and I'm leaning toward calling it a day on that one ... but listening to the score makes me want to go see it one more time.
caleblyn
I am starting to plan an outing to the Dolby Theater. Some of you in big cities know of these already. In Baton Rouge, we have one theater(screen) that is a Dolby Theater. It is by far the best movie experience for me. I saw Spider-Man Homecoming and Dunkirk in it. Should have seen IW but never did. Anyhow, I don't think I will go but this once more.
caleblyn
Quote:

I've already seen Endgame 3 times

3 kids in school and during baseball season will never allow me to see any movie three times in one week. Like I said above, I have to plan my movie outing about a week in advance.
caleblyn
Any predictions on total Box Office take?

I think that it will be very close to IW...

$700MM domestic ($20MM more than IW)
IW doubled it's first week. Endgame is on pace for $480MM which translates to $960MM which it could possibly do, but I see the movie falling more in-line with one-time viewers, rather than multi-viewers.

However, I think it goes to about $2.4BB world wide ($400MM more than IW)
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
caleblyn said:

Quote:

3 kids in school and during baseball season will never allow me to see any movie three times in one week. Like I said above, I have to plan my movie outing about a week in advance.
I went Friday morning when the kid was in school and the wife was working, then took the girls on Saturday afternoon, then yesterday decided I needed to see it a third time, again with the girls away.
caleblyn
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

caleblyn said:

Quote:

I went Friday morning when the kid was in school and the wife was working, then took the girls on Saturday afternoon, then yesterday decided I needed to see it a third time, again with the girls away.
So you have girls. I have a 14-year old girl. How did you handle, "I Love You 3,000!"?
Sex Panther
AG
caleblyn said:

Any predictions on total Box Office take?

I think that it will be very close to IW...

$700MM domestic ($20MM more than IW)
IW doubled it's first week. Endgame is on pace for $480MM which translates to $960MM which it could possibly do, but I see the movie falling more in-line with one-time viewers, rather than multi-viewers.

However, I think it goes to about $2.4BB world wide ($400MM more than IW)

It's going to do over 800 million at least. The question will be whether it can top 900 million and beat The Force Awakens for all time domestic... not sure if it can, but it will probably give it a run. The buzz is like nothing I've ever seen.
TCTTS
AG
The more I've thought about it, the more I think this actually was the number one theater-going experience. I think it's...

1) Avengers: Endgame - I doubt I ever see a movie again with a crowd THIS into it. Opening weekend, packed house, at the most famous theater in the world. Just so incredibly fun.

2) The Dark Knight - Opening weekend in IMAX. Huge group of nearly 20 friends. Delivered in every way imaginable and then some. One the best parts was grabbing dinner afterward with everyone - at the only On the Border in LA, in the same complex as the theater - and dissecting the movie for two hours over Mexican food.

3) Jurassic Park - I was 12 years old, the perfect age to be wowed by CGI dinosaurs, the likes of which we had never seen before. Saw it with my family and I can still remember exactly where we sat in the theater.

4) The Matrix - Senior year of high school. Saw it with a friend and his older brother on a Wednesday night - a school night - I think the night it came out. They had to convince me to come, as I really had no interest in seeing it, as the trailers made it look like some kind of Hot Topic / Dark City ripoff - there wasn't a ton of buzz yet, and I had zero expectations - but I was just absolutely blown away like never before. I remember going to school the next day, trying to convince people how amazing it was, and everyone thought I was crazy; like I had suddenly gone goth or something. There really was a small sliver of time when this movie wasn't cool. But by the end of the weekend, I had convinced two different groups to see it with me twice more, everyone I saw it with loved it just the same, and the rest is history.

5) Borat - I was at the very first test screening, eight months before it hit theaters, before a single trailer had released. Hands down, the hardest I've ever laughed in a theater. Just absolute, could-hardly-breathe howling from the audience throughout.
combat wombat™
AG
I finally saw it today. It probably wasn't my favorite of the MCU movies. But I liked it. I'm can't read all 29 pages of this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm bringing up things than have already been covered.

Fat Thor was funny. But it was sad, too. He was depressed; gave up. I loved when he got to see his mom again... and the BIG hug. Loved seeing Korg and his bug buddy.

I wasn't surprised when Cap wielded Mjolnir because of the scene in IW. It moved, and Thor knew it.

Loved seeing the scenes from the older movies.

When Cap jumped back at the end of the movie, didn't he take his shield and Mjolnir with him? At the end he only had his shield. WTF happened to Mjolnir? Or am I remembering it wrong?

I was, evidently, in denial about almost all of the Guuardians of the Galaxy dying. I forgot Rocket was the ONLY one who survived. I thought Star Lord survived, too.

Hail Hydra! LOL

Mild-mannered Hulk who could barely muster the anger to hit a car properly made me LOL.

double aught
AG
caleblyn said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

caleblyn said:

Quote:

So you have girls. I have a 14-year old girl. How did you handle, "I Love You 3,000!"?
My oldest daughter is the same age as Tony's, looks like her too. All the daughter scenes weree getting to me.

I was dreading what was coming in Clint's archery scene with Lyla (my oldest's name).
Scott desperately looking for Cassie and their reunion.
Tony not willing to risk his daughter, even for 4 billion people.
The scene at the end showing that Johnny Favs was gonna look out for Tony's girl.
I was a mess.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, it was crazy. I'm seeing it at different theater closer to my place this time - a little more upscale and an older-ish crowd - so it won't be near as fun. But man, last Saturday, when people started going nuts just for the trailers, I knew we were in for a treat. Even my buddy who doesn't like "comic book" movies was super into how into it the crowd was. The Chinese Theater seats nearly 1000 people, every seat was obviously full, and I'm not exaggerating when I said it was like a football game a couple times, especially, yeah, that Cap/ Mjoinir bit. Just so much pure joy in that place.

And this is exactly why I love the bar atmosphere for GoT. Sounds awesome.
AgfromHOU
AG
double aught said:

caleblyn said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

caleblyn said:

Quote:

My oldest daughter is the same age as Tony's, looks like her too. All the daughter scenes weree getting to me.

I was dreading what was coming in Clint's archery scene with Lyla (my oldest's name).
Scott desperately looking for Cassie and their reunion.
Tony not willing to risk his daughter, even for 4 billion people.
The scene at the end showing that Johnny Favs was gonna look out for Tony's girl.
I was a mess.

I know nobody asked me, but it was super tough going through the daughter scenes because my newborn daughter was at home while I was at the movie (mommy/daddy date night). I almost left because it made me miss her.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

When Cap jumped back at the end of the movie, didn't he take his shield and Mjolnir with him? At the end he only had his shield. WTF happened to Mjolnir? Or am I remembering it wrong?
Cap. returned it to Asgard when he returned the reality stone
bearamedic99
AG
But then there would be 2 in Asgard.

It's a good question
combat wombat™
AG
No, there aren't. Mjolnir was crushed by Hela in Thor:Ragnarok. So when he went back in time to Asguard, the Mjolnir he took with him was the old one... so Cap just returned the old one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.