Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,053 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Don't forget Mantis standing around and doing nothing/being annoying as usual,
But she does do a fearsome mean face

MGS
GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

Don't forget Mantis standing around and doing nothing/being annoying as usual,
But she does do a fearsome mean face

Kick names, take ass.
dave94
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Also when Cap was getting his ass kicked by Thanos there was a part of me that thought he was gonna get up and say "I can do this all day" as a throwback to the first captain America movie.

What ensued was one of the most badass shots I've ever seen in a movie, so I can't complain too much. Truly looked like a still frame from a comic book

Haven't had a chance for a second viewing yet, what specifically are you referring to?
_lefraud_
AG
redd38 said:

So who cried in the theater?

I've got a daughter, so it got really watery during the funeral scene with Tony's daughter.

Also when they showed Nat's body with blood gushing out of her head...damn.
Kate Beckett
AG
That was me. I cried a majority of the movie. P
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
My 13-year-old daughter as well. She does not handle on-screen deaths well at all. Balled like a baby denied a toy when Spider-Man dusted in IW; cried for pretty much the entire portion of the movie when she realized Black Widow was going to die all the way up to when Spider-Man reappeared; and then her tears were, in her words, tears of joy.
caleblyn
Saw it last night

Hated Thor
Hated Hulk

Everything else was really really good.

I did not put the, "On your left," quote into understanding until this morning in the shower. Another goose bump experience.

Most emotional moment, "I love you 3,000!" I have a 14-year old daughter. Earlier yesterday, before the movie, I was sifting through old pics and ran across a few of her at about 5 years old that had already started a day of emotions.
caleblyn
Also, maybe I missed it, but was there a moment between Groot and Rocket? I do not remember it.
hurleyag
AG
Yes, Rocket dives to save Groot at one point during the battle. Very short scene though.
boboguitar
AG
The yearly death rate is 0.95%(wikipedia). 50% of the human population was gone for 5 years. In that 5 years, at minimum, the death rate stayed the same or it actually decreased(as one of the key points of thanos was to bring more resources and prosperity to the ones who remain). So after 5 years, 5%(or better) of the 50% who lived died to other causes. When hulk brought back the other 50%, 5% of those should have died during the past 5 years but didn't(since they were dead but then got brought back to life). So in essence, by killing 50% and bringing them back, thanos/hulk saved 5% of the world population from death.
D12Lloyd
AG
This may have already been brought up but why couldn't Doctor Strange walk over and use the time stone to heal Tony after the snap?
jeffk
AG
He didn't want to because he's a ahole and hates Tony.
Flashdiaz
AG
and now more are going to die to make up that 'lull' due to lack of resources again. Especially 50% of the population coming back at once.

not to mention, the 2 dudes that went on a date and had a cry fest and are moving on... are now going to have a sticky situation when their significant others show up again.
BenFiasco14
AG
I liked the subtle line towards the start of the movie when Captain America said he saw a pod of whales on his way to the Avenger's base, because there was less boats, cleaner water, etc... black widow shut him down pretty quickly though.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
caleblyn
D12Lloyd said:

This may have already been brought up but why couldn't Doctor Strange walk over and use the time stone to heal Tony after the snap?
Because it would automatically reverse the snap?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
D12Lloyd said:

Again, I don't think that's how "time" works.

If Strange had used the time stone to save Stark, then that would mean Stark never used the gauntlet. I don't think Strange can go back in time to selectively change one singular event without affecting the time line. Especially an event with such a massive outcome.
YellAgs
AG
So now dr strange has no stone in future because thanos destroyed them with his second snap? Wonder how that will work out for him in DS2
GiveEmHellBill
AG
And I would like to voice my extreme approval for what seems to be a controversial subject in this movie:

I freakin' LOVED fat Thor.

Give the screenwriters credit for making a joke........and then committing to it for the entirety of the film. And special credit for Hemsworth: that man has surprisingly turned into one of the most charmingly goofy and just plain fun actors working right now. Hemsworth seems to have really taken to choosing more fun roles to break out of the super hero stereotype that could have severely limited his career.

His transformation of Thor starting in Ragnarok into possibly the most fun character in the MCU has been so surprising. And it's all due to Hemsworth's charm. And to think, this is the franchise with a movie basically everyone puts at the bottom of the MCU (Thor: The Dark World).

Personally, I can't wait to see "Asgardians of the Galaxy."
GiveEmHellBill
AG
YellAgs said:

So now dr strange has no stone in future because thanos destroyed them with his second snap? Wonder how that will work out for him in DS2
Cap went back to 2012 and gave the stone back to The Ancient One.
YellAgs
AG
Yes, so how will that affect his powers in the mystic arts in the future?
jackie childs
GiveEmHellBill said:

And I would like to voice my extreme approval for what seems to be a controversial subject in this movie:

I freakin' LOVED fat Thor.

Give the screenwriters credit for making a joke........and then committing to it for the entirety of the film. And special credit for Hemsworth: that man has surprisingly turned into one of the most charmingly goofy and just plain fun actors working right now. Hemsworth seems to have really taken to choosing more fun roles to break out of the super hero stereotype that could have severely limited his career.

His transformation of Thor starting in Ragnarok into possibly the most fun character in the MCU has been so surprising. And it's all due to Hemsworth's charm. And to think, this is the franchise with a movie basically everyone puts at the bottom of the MCU (Thor: The Dark World).

i was listening to a podcast where they were talking about Endgame and they were discussing how awesome Thor has been the last few films.

they told a story about how Hemsworth went to Feige after Age of Ultron to discuss his frustrations with the Thor character and how it could be so much better. Feige not only listened, but he took notes and it led them to letting Taika effectively deconstruct the Thor we knew in Ragnarok.

so yeah, Hemsworth deserves a ton of credit for Thor's resurgence, but in a town so full of egos and in the MCU which seems so carefully planned out years in advance, i think Feige deserves some massive credit too for being open to the idea
jackie childs
GiveEmHellBill said:

i'm sure we'll get a scene with Thor and Quill being workout buddies on a new Bowflex
TexasAggie_02
AG
D12Lloyd said:

i think the damage from the stones is irreversible. after the initial snap, Thanos was able to heal the chest wound from stormbreaker, but not the damage to his arm from the gauntlet
TexasAggie_02
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

YellAgs said:

Cap went back to 2012 and gave the stone back to The Ancient One.
they mean going forward from endgame, b/c the stones were destroyed, they only exist now in the past.

something that i thought would be interesting though is what if strange actually sent the stone forward in time to himself on Titan. There were a lot of theories that Strange had done just that, when he seemingly plucks the stone out of the air before giving it to Thanos. Due to time travel, the stone could exist indefinitely in the future, only to be returned to Titan within an instant. That would then allow Earth to continue to have protection from Dormammu post-Endgame.
TexasAggie_02
AG
this theater is terrible! This menu display was apparently out in plain view on Thursday night before anyone had even seen the movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj748h/imagine_waiting_a_year_to_be_spoiled_by_your/

BenFiasco14
AG
I love that first comment

Quote:

These names aren't even Punny or creative, might as well have "Thanos dies in the first twenty minutes lol quesadillas"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jackie childs
TexasAggie_02 said:

this theater is terrible! This menu display was apparently out in plain view on Thursday night before anyone had even seen the movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj748h/imagine_waiting_a_year_to_be_spoiled_by_your/

yeah, that's bad

plus they missed the obvious Hawkeye Hot Dogs or Ant-Man Tacos tie-ins
superaggie73
AG
Do the Hawkeye Hotdogs have mayonnaise?
FTACO97
AG
Not sure why people keep thinking that the sacrificed people for the Soul stone are stuck somewhere and can be freed? They're dead. We see their dead bodies laying on the ground where they fell. The Soul stone requires a sacrifice, nothing says the person sacrificed is saved somewhere.

As for the question about the Time stone and Dr Strange....that thought had not occurred to me, but now that I think about it, the stones ARE gone. Though the Eye of Agamotto was not Dr Strange's only power. He has plenty of other mystical powers. That one just gave the ability to turn back time.
FTACO97
AG
jsc8116 said:

Question on final battle- was one of the good guy armys that dr. Strange brought through his portal an Asgardian movie? If so, werent they all killed off in the Ragnarok movie? All the good guy combatants other than Gamora were from present day correct?
What I noticed coming through the portals was a whole big group of people with mystic powers like Dr Strange and Wong. I didn't realize there were so many of them.
fig96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Was just coming to post this.

Quote:

These names aren't even Punny or creative, might as well have "Thanos dies in the first twenty minutes lol quesadillas"
TexasAggie_02
AG
FTACO97 said:

jsc8116 said:

Question on final battle- was one of the good guy armys that dr. Strange brought through his portal an Asgardian movie? If so, werent they all killed off in the Ragnarok movie? All the good guy combatants other than Gamora were from present day correct?
What I noticed coming through the portals was a whole big group of people with mystic powers like Dr Strange and Wong. I didn't realize there were so many of them.
too many if you ask Mordo.

Will be interesting if he is in Strange 2. He got pissy at strange for messing with the time stone. and now with the shenanigans of Endgame, i'm sure he's super pissy.
FTACO97
AG
Cabeza said:

I also thought that the Ancient One and Banner indicated that if they replaced the stones where they got them from, then the branched timelines would cease to exist. I took this to mean that Thanos from 2014 was restored to the main time line like nothing happened once the power stone was returned, and the branched timeline where he turned to dust was severed and ended. But that would also mean Gamorra and Nebula from 2014 would also be unaffected and 2014 Gamorra would be in two times at once. No idea what that means for Loki.

The branched timelines are messy. I'm willing to look past it.
Interesting notion, I was thinking along the same lines as they made a point to have her say that if a stone is removed from the timeline, a branch will occur, but if they are all in place, the timeline stays constant.

And now a new though just popped in my mind....what does that mean for the timeline going forward now that Thanos destroyed the stones?
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

The post snap flatbread should be 50% of any other flatbreads.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
D12Lloyd said:

Because he would have undone the snap. Much like Thanos reversed Wanda's destruction of the mind stone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.