Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

168,527 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on post-credit audio clip at the end :

That was the sound of Tony hammering his original iron man suit in the cave, right? I assume that's just to bring it full circle - It started with Iton Man, it ended with Iron Man.
MrPlow2010
AG
Shout out to the rat that saved the universe. Couldn't have done it without him.

Amazing movie. Can't wait to see it again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I was thinking....what if someone comes back after being dusted five years ago and finds out a loved one committed suicide over the loss?

And I would bet that an "omnipotent" Stark would wish everyone back...but in a safe place.
Good point. How about all the non-dusted who died as a result of accidents due to the dusting. (Traffic accidents, plane crashes, etc.)
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

I was thinking....what if someone comes back after being dusted five years ago and finds out a loved one committed suicide over the loss?

And I would bet that an "omnipotent" Stark would wish everyone back...but in a safe place.
Good point. How about all the non-dusted who died as a result of accidents due to the dusting. (Traffic accidents, plane crashes, etc.)

Don't think about too hard lol
Bruce Almighty
AG
Were they snap survivors?
wangus12
AG
Did anyone see Korg and Meek at the final battle?
Bruce Almighty
AG
So what happened to 2014 Gamora? I can't recall seeing her again after kicking Star Lord in the balls.
wangus12
AG
Also the moment they said they had to go to Vormire, you knew someone had to die and it sucked trying to think who it was gonna be between Clint and Natasha
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Juan Solo
AG
Loki stealing the Tesseract in 2012 opens him back up to live in present day, no?
GreasenUSA
AG
CoachRTM said:

That was the sound of Tony hammering his original iron man suit in the cave, right? I assume that's just to bring it full circle - It started with Iton Man, it ended with Iron Man.
That's what I thought too...

but then I realized that Cap went back with Mjolnir, and didn't have it with him on the bench. Where is Mjolnir? Is that the sound we heard?
GreasenUSA
AG
wangus12 said:

Did anyone see Korg and Meek at the final battle?
I noticed Korg running, but everything was moving too fast and I didn't see Meek.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MBAR
AG
Gangnam Style said:

I thought they handled Captain Marvel pretty well. She's super overpowered and limiting her to 2-3 scenes worked. And holy sh*t Wanda is also powerful as sh*t.
I was happy they finally let her character show some of the power she has in the comics.
MBAR
AG
CoachRTM said:

Thats how I took it.
MBAR
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

So what happened to 2014 Gamora? I can't recall seeing her again after kicking Star Lord in the balls.
She was missing. In the GOTG ship Quill had a screen up looking for her.
MBAR
AG
Juan Solo said:

Loki stealing the Tesseract in 2012 opens him back up to live in present day, no?
I don't think so. Instead, there was mention of alternate realities being created. But the Teseract doesn't allow time travel.
MBAR
AG
C@LAg said:

Last things.

1. I know they made it a point to say that all we thought about time travel and the impact of messing with time is bunk...

But does Nebula killing her younger self, from the same timeline not constitute a paradox?

We know they are the same from the memory linking sequence, and the whole point of the Time Heist was to not CHANGE the past, just undo the snap in the present.
2. How do you "give back" the soul stone. It was paid for with a price. Seems like there should be an exchange for it. (angry face)
They explicitly said all the paradox stuff you see in other movies was bull**** and that you CAN'T change the pass. They instead said that when you change stuff there is a branch that is created for a new reality.
MBAR
AG
You know, I know the Academy is a bunch of *******s at times, but holy **** they HAVE to at the very least provide some nominations for this film because its an amazing feat of film making.

Screenplay deserves really strong consideration because of how well it wrapped everything up. RDJr deserves a nom too. Masterful.
DVC2010
AG
First tear shed when Scott found Cassie.

Biggest surprises were Thanos getting decapitated in the prologue and Natalie Portman actually appearing in the movie.

Biggest edge-of-the-seat moment was the fight between Nat and Clint.

Biggest grin was probably when Strange signals Tony. It was like calling "checkmate" on the whole affair.
heddleston
AG
Favorite moments:

- Rocket yelling "BOOM!" when they put the gauntlet together.
- Cap with dadgum Mjolnir and using it with the shield to do some whoopin'
- Cap holding Stormbreaker and Thor saying, "No, you take the little one and trading back Mjolnir"
- Rhodes & Nebula's exchange while Quill is dancing. "So he's an idiot."
- Korg playing Xbox

It wouldn't have made any sense, but as Captain Marvel made her big entrance to the battle I was instead l really hoping Fury was gonna come riding on a heli carrier.
ChimbosAg
AG
Fat Thor could've been less or magically lost the weight when he went into superhero form.

Dr. Hulk was great to see, wish we could've saw more of him in the fight.

The send off for Cap caught me by surprise, I pegged him as dead. Great to see him get that dance he had been waiting for. Guessed that he would grab the mjolnir.

Tony Stark was magnificent in this movie, RDJ brought out all types of emotions for the crowd. Love, hate, laughter, sadness, happiness. Also seeing Pepper wear the suit was awesome! Had a hunch he would be the one to weild the gauntlet as is was in the comics.

Surely thought Clint was going to be the sacrifice, took me by surprise when it was eventually black widow. But understandable that he has a family.

Thought the beginning of how Tony and Nebula got back to Earth was cheap... But can understand the rush on moving on with the story.

Loved the way they handled going back in time, so many good moment's relived ( and a few new looks back then!).

Overall this was a great movie that lived up to all the hype, had a lot of twist and turns that kept you guessing at who and what was going to happen (even though most knew how things would eventually play out)
ChimbosAg
AG
GreasenUSA said:

CoachRTM said:

That's what I thought too...

but then I realized that Cap went back with Mjolnir, and didn't have it with him on the bench. Where is Mjolnir? Is that the sound we heard?

Definitely was the sound of Tony in cave back from IM-1. Good send off for RDJ
heddleston
AG
ChimbosAg said:

Loved the way they handled going back in time, so many good moment's relived ( and a few new looks back then!).

Seeing regular Hulk smash and then Dr. Hulk half-heartedly try it was awesome.
ChimbosAg
AG
IrishAg said:

Very good point on Thor, I wonder if they're going to add him into a large role for GOTG3? Which I'm going to assume is GOTG3 - the search for Gamora

I think you're on to something here. He handed over the crown from being King, he would do great in GOTG3. Especially now that the new phase 4 has been dubbed " the cosmic". It makes sense to keep him in that role if we are to dive deeper into the universe. Just lose the fat suit...
Farmer1906
AG
I'm a little salty that they passed the mantle to Falcon and not Buck or at least left it up to them fighting over it.

I kind of waiver back and forth about Thor. It was funny, yes, but I think ultimately it was a bad choice. His trip home with Rocket was the weakest link. But inserting him into GotG3 is perfect. We see the improved Thor (from Rag) without having to do a Thor 4.

Girlpower part was not needed. It felt out of place.

I'm glad it looks like we got some real deaths in IW with Loki, Heimdall, present Gamora, & Vision. Adding Stark, Nat, Past Nebula, & Thanos was probably less than I expected, but still hit home.

Overall, It was great. I loved it. But something was off for me that kept it from topping some of the other movies. Don't get me wrong, It tied off the last 11 years perfectly, but somewhere in the time heist it just didn't hit with me.
Farmer1906
AG
MBAR said:

Honestly, anyone complaining about the girl power scene in a 3 hour movie that is 90% fan service lacks so much self awareness there's likely nothing that can be done to help you at this point.

Seriously, all the fan service is ok but if there's 30 ****ing seconds for female fans then its "not needed".

My wife loved that scene. I wonder why.

The whole movie was for female fans. Males fans too. I don't need a get every man together without women scene. You sure seemed angry about it though.

Btw my wife thought that scene was not needed either. I don't wonder why.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Farmer1906
AG
Can someone explain the Cap growing old part? I thought once you go back you're in a different... universe(?). Shouldn't he just be permanently gone from the main timeline? He'd just grow old in the one he went to.
GreasenUSA
AG
MBAR said:

People can express their opinion all they want. It says a lot about them the things they pick out about this movie. 3 hours of amazingness, and yet 30 seocnds that catered to the opposite sex is "not needed".

Like I said, you don't understand whats sad about that, there's no helping you.

I'll leave it at that since this is like my 4th post on it.
Damn dude, we're just pointing out that in a near-perfect movie, it was one part that seemed out of character, or out of place.

None of us need to "be helped".
YellAgs
AG
it was WOW WOW WOW
PatAg
AG
MBAR said:

People can express their opinion all they want. It says a lot about them the things they pick out about this movie. 3 hours of amazingness, and yet 30 seocnds that catered to the opposite sex is "not needed".

Like I said, you don't understand whats sad about that, there's no helping you.

I'll leave it at that since this is like my 4th post on it.
It was a pretty dumb scene but I understand why they did it. For many reasons, one of which is Captain Marvel just immediately leaves them behind, lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.