Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,840 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishAg said:

The biggest point of contention I can see from die hards is what they did with Thor.

I'll be honest since Thor is my favorite, I was kinda disappointed with what they did with him. Still and absolute badass, but felt like they kinda overdid the fat slob deal.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IrishAg said:

Very good point on Thor, I wonder if they're going to add him into a large role for GOTG3? Which I'm going to assume is GOTG3 - the search for Gamora
Is that what it actually is? That's dumb. How would she come back now?
wangus12
AG
Maybe she sides with Adam Warlock now
wangus12
AG
I still want a 4th Thor film with Korg and Valkyrie
IrishAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Forgot to mention that girl power scene. That was pretty eye rolling, yeah. Totally forced.
I started to roll them, but then I stopped myself and realized that it was a moment for some fans who want to see it. Cap picking up the Hammer was mine, but it had a ton of moments that were designed to give different hard core and invested fans their feel good moment as part of closure for this insane movie event.

Overall, can't believe how well the put it all together, this was crazy nuts and I believe they pulled it off as best as anyone possibly could have.
IrishAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IrishAg said:

Very good point on Thor, I wonder if they're going to add him into a large role for GOTG3? Which I'm going to assume is GOTG3 - the search for Gamora
Is that what it actually is? That's dumb. How would she come back now?
LOL, I was actually joking, but who knows at this point?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As soon as Thor was getting his ass kicked, I knew that Mjolnir was gonna be wielded by Cap. And yet, I loved it.

Audience lost their minds.
Gangnam Style
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just wondering, how come some of you like to see spoilers before the movie? Do you still find the movie enjoyable?

Read some spoilers and had some doubts, but they handled everything beautifully. What a movie!
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
So who all is out of the game now? Captain America, Ironman, Black Widow. Hawkeye is probably out to. That leaves Hulk and Thor as the only two original Avengers that could possibly be in other films. The new Avengers team is the Sam Wilson Captain America, possibly Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel and black panther
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am Iron Man.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Amazing. Next to perfect. My only issue was I didn't feel like Hulk completed his arc. One last release of the monster, a true Hulk smash moment in the battle would have been perfect.

But overall, just an incredible achievement. How many movies? how many years? Wow....

What a story.
IrishAg
wangus12 said:

So who all is out of the game now? Captain America, Ironman, Black Widow. Hawkeye is probably out to. That leaves Hulk and Thor as the only two original Avengers that could possibly be in other films. The new Avengers team is the Sam Wilson Captain America, possibly Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel and black panther
Captain Marvel can't be part of the general Avengers, she brings the Superman problem. She is so overpowered that she would solve almost any issues by herself, no Avengers needed. Although Scarlet Witch has that potential also, so who knows how they do it....or even if they keep an Avenger movie style mashup. They might just have different groups cross into other movie sub-franchises.
Post removed:
by user
SRCag18
AG
This movie was epic
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So glad her part was minimal.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of the "conveniences" I was referencing in my review is that they can go the past, change it, and still come back to the same reality they were in before. Basically, there are no consequences for anything they do in the past.

In the first act, I was totally convinced that the "sad" part of the movie was that Tony would have to choose between saving half of the world and keeping his daughter. (Due to a new timeline erasing her existence.)

It doesn't make a ton of sense, but I suppose they kind of take care of that by making sure Cap returns them all and it's like they were never gone in the first place.

Which would mean that Thanos could still get them, so it's very convenient that the Thanos they killed was 2014 Thanos.

But again, I forgive all these things.
wangus12
AG
I feel like I'm coming down off the high and now I'm sad because Cap and IM are gone from the MCU
bearamedic99
AG
Glad to hear that the kid at the funeral was from IM3. Some of us in my theater were discussing that during the credits. One guy was sure that it was Quicksilver but I didn't think so. I was hoping it was Steve and Peggy's kid.

Gone for good- Thanos gang, Natasha, Tony, Vision, and Steve in modern day. Kind of surprised no one bought the farm during the big battle.

I wish nerds would unite and protest the need for Hulk to wear glasses so he appears smart. It's ridiculous.

I'm a little pissed that there wasn't a scene mid or post credits.

I was pleased with the fan service and call backs to previous films.

Between this and the Battle of Winterfell this weekend, who gives a damn about episode 9?

PS- only 2 previews before the film. Rise of Skywalker and Far From Home.
wangus12
AG
We had Ep. IX, 21 Bridges, Dark Phoenix and Lion King
Gangnam Style
AG
I thought they handled Captain Marvel pretty well. She's super overpowered and limiting her to 2-3 scenes worked. And holy sh*t Wanda is also powerful as sh*t.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had a lot more previews.

Gemini Man
Dark Phoenix IMAX Sneak Peek
Godzilla IMAX Sneak Peek
The Lion King
The Rise of Skywalker

I think there was another one in there I'm forgetting.
Karrde
AG
I kept expecting some sort of reset, having to go back or something. It didnt feel like 3 hours at all. Incredibly well done.
IrishAg
Karrde said:

I kept expecting some sort of reset, having to go back or something. It didnt feel like 3 hours at all. Incredibly well done.
Indeed, when you realize they are putting together the culmination of 22 movies in a way that brings closure and satisfaction...it is just crazy
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, I guess they could use Loki stealing the Tesseract and disappearing as a way he could survive to star in his Disney + show, but what about Vision and the Black Widow movie?

"Hail Hydra" got a cheer. Cap wielding Mjiolnir got a HUGE cheer.

Watching Quill dance: "So, he's an idiot?" "Pretty much."
wangus12
AG
Loved the Cap ending. Steve deserves it. Kinda feel bad for Bucky who is now the old dude with everyone else. Curious how they play FFH
_lefraud_
AG
wangus12 said:

I took that everyone at the end was "signing off" (literally). Which was Tony, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Natasha and Clint.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thor and Starlord fighting over who's in charge.
Dr. Teeth
AG
wangus12 said:

I still want a 4th Thor film with Korg and Valkyrie

I would watch the hell out of a Valkyrie movie.
wangus12
AG
Thor may have another since he is with the GotG and they're already set for another film
c-jags
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just wondering, how come some of you like to see spoilers before the movie? Do you still find the movie enjoyable?

I don't like being shocked in my entertainment. It's a weird thing but it's my thing.

I will spoil myself every time I think death is on the table.

Knowing xx died before I go into a movie softens the blow. I still get pure entertainment out of it, just don't like shock value.

You can bet I'll be looking for Battle if Winterfell spoilers.
wangus12
AG
The real question is how much is the 4k box set of all 23 Marvel movies from the first 3 phases gonna cost me?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So what happens if some of the dusted reappeared in the middle of a newly built wall from the past 5 years?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I was thinking....what if someone comes back after being dusted five years ago and finds out a loved one committed suicide over the loss?

And I would bet that an "omnipotent" Stark would wish everyone back...but in a safe place.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Plot hole?

Five years have passed and a 16-17 year old Peter Parker walks back into high school.....shouldn't his buddy Ned be 22 now? Same with MJ? I mean, isn't that a plot hole?

Shouldn't all the snap survivors be 5 years older than all the dusted people who came back?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.