Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

174,010 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Brock Sampson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wasn't a fan of the Hulk. Thought it was weird.

Best part of the final battle was everybody showing up.

Oh and Cap finally showing us he is worthy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We've always known he's worthy.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say that when the final battle started and he called the two weapons, I was hoping he'd turn into regular Thor again via magic.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Fat Thor will probably be the most polarizing part of the movie. I liked that they showed his decent down to the bottom of the barrel, God or not, knowing you single handedly could have prevented the snap and blew it would **** up anybody. I do wish they made his decent a little darker and not ham it up so much. He was really funny though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I will say that when the final battle started and he called the two weapons, I was hoping he'd turn into regular Thor again via magic.

My hope as well.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

Brock Sampson said:

I wasn't a fan of the Hulk. Thought it was weird.

Best part of the final battle was everybody showing up.

Oh and Cap finally showing us he is worthy.

Agreed. The facial CGI was just always off and really screamed uncanny valley so much of the time.
what about the part where he was a giant green Hulk. strange thing to complain about to me. Though I guess we are just pickin nits here.
Personally I thought him randomly behaving like a social influencer when everyone else is still struggling to adapt to half the world dying was odd
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

We will just have to disagree. I am glad they had a plot point showing that Thor had personal guilt for his failure, but every instance of it was played up for comedy which kind of defeats its purpose for me.
I think I get why they chose to do it that way, due to the humor of the most recent Thor movie and trying to stay true to that. I agree that it was little too much of it for me, but was definitely very funny.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Forgot to mention that girl power scene. That was pretty eye rolling, yeah. Totally forced.

My wife and I said the same thing while leaving theater this afternoon. Great movie overall, though.
Olsen
AG
Anyone thinking Endgame would win an Oscar for Best Visual Effects? Hopefully a nomination for Best Picture at least too?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Saxsoon
AG
If black panther got a nod, this movie should. And depending on the field you could maybe see a world that Disney tries to prop up RDJ for best actor
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
chipotle
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
chipotle
C@LAg said:

I kind of would have liked to see a scene where they go back and claim Nat's body.
No talking, just images and reactions.

I wonder how that all went down when cap took back the soul stone. Did he chat with red skull? "Sup red?" And did he see nats body down there. Did he get an infinity stone refund?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AW?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ****, didn't realize that either. (Cap and Red Skull)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Question. Couldn't Giant Man just have squashed Thanos underfoot?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
D12Lloyd
AG
Fat Thor is my main complaint of the movie. It was really funny at first, I just didn't want to see him that way the whole movie. I was hoping when he was on Asguard he'd find something to get him back or his mother would do something. And like others have said I too thought maybe when he called the weapons that would change him. It did do a little something with his beard. What was his reasoning for leaving new Asguard and giving the throne to Valkyrie?
Olsen
AG
Lesean McCoy is hilarious!

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AMW2010
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Debt
D12Lloyd said:

Fat Thor is my main complaint of the movie. It was really funny at first, I just didn't want to see him that way the whole movie. I was hoping when he was on Asguard he'd find something to get him back or his mother would do something. And like others have said I too thought maybe when he called the weapons that would change him. It did do a little something with his beard. What was his reasoning for leaving new Asguard and giving the throne to Valkyrie?

That's what this film was missing: a workout montage
phatpat21
Can't lie I ugly cried at the end when Potts told stark "we're gonna be ok, you can rest now."
Good gosh that got me big time
atag
AG
My theater was dead quiet except for the symphony of sniffles....my God. That movie could have been 6 hours and probably still not been enough.
phatpat21
Same
3 hours went by unbelievably fast , especially the last hour of the movie
Like many others have said, fat Thor really bothered me
I don't know why but it was funny at first but really wished he would have gone back to normal at somepoint
Madmarttigan
AG
As beautiful as it was is anyone else slightly annoyed/awestruck that a comic book movie of all things delivered the first truly epic fantasy feel to a battle since LOTR?

I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. It was truly special when all the portals opened and the battle started. I was choked up with excitement possibly more than I have ever been.

Felt like I was straight up at the end of a Sanderson novel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.