Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

170,875 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Something that piqued my interest, SIAP.

At the end, Cap is going to return the stones. Hulk and Falcon are all like, he'll be back in 5 seconds. Bucky says something like "we'll miss you."

I'm wondering if he knew what Cap was planning.
we'll miss you. How long will he be gone? 5 seconds

I'm sure he knew Cap was going to take a detour as well as pass the torch to Falcon. They both saw him sitting there and Bucky tells Falcon to go up to him.

Still seems odd to me though... Falcon is a normal person with no superpowers while Bucky is more like Captain Merica.
jtstanley4621
AG
Also when Cap was getting his ass kicked by Thanos there was a part of me that thought he was gonna get up and say "I can do this all day" as a throwback to the first captain America movie.

What ensued was one of the most badass shots I've ever seen in a movie, so I can't complain too much. Truly looked like a still frame from a comic book
TexasAggie_02
AG
Guys, Cap budged mjolnir in age of ultron. He was always worthy, he just stopped to spare Thor's pride.

In Endgame, when he picks it up, Thor says "I knew it!"

Also cool that Cap could call down the lightning with it. In Thor 1 Odin said that whoever was worthy to wield it could posses the power of Thor.
Trident 88
AG
I only had time to read the first 10 pages of comments, so I apologize if someone has given satisfactory responses to my questions:

Captain Marvel is a lesbian, right? I don't know if that was actually confirmed in her movie, but her new hairdo definitely sends a clear signal. And of course, her deadpan delivery is a sure sign that she's from the same tribe as Marjorie from Veep.

What happened to the sound of the battle when Iron Man and Spidey were hugging it out? Frankly, that oddly long, calm scene took me out of the movie far more than the gratuitous shot of all the female heroines together that they provided for the little girls in the audience.

Thanks.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

ok, so just more question. After Cap gets the stones back to their respective owners, times lines, is it implied that he:
A) never went through the super soldier process but somehow got Agent Carter to fall in love with and he was just really, really, old?
B) did the super soldier process but knowing how things would go with Hydra he was able to avoid getting stuck in the ice for 70 years, then married Carter?

If B, why would he look any different, why would he have aged?
In the present, he's already "built" into Captain America. As his Captain self, he went back to 1940s, and lived his life (after returning all the stones).

There are a million questions that raises (like with any time travel story), but he was already built when he went back, so he didnt have to get big again.

Cool ending for Captain America though. He finally got to go back and live the life that was taken away from him after all this time. And...he seemed very content and happy with it all.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
lazuras_dc
AG
I know it's a movie ...but it's funny to think he would live his life out to the moment his friends sent him back to the past... sneak in there and hide and watch. Them then just sit on that bench hoping they would see him.
jeffk
AG
I was sort of hoping we'd get a "No one will remember you." from Tony as he snapped Thanos and his army away, but his "I am Iron Man" was awesome too.
TCTTS
AG
No offense, but it baffles me how so many people are baffled by the time travel...

The Steve we know simply went back to the '40s and continued living his life from there. And I'm sure he picked a year AFTER the other version of him - the one relative to the alternate timeline he jumped to - was already frozen in ice.

In that alternate timeline, from Peggy's POV, her Cap was lost to the ice. Then, our Steve likely showed up shortly thereafter, explained the situation, and they lived their lives together.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

The whole Nat piece was weird. Yes, she sacrificed herself and that doesn't seem to fit the bill of giving up someone you love. Although, it does make perfect sense she would do that. It didn't make sense that Hawkeye put up a fight about it. He has a family.

In that vein, I would have preferred that Cap put the gauntlet on and sacrifice himself. Tony has a family. And he already sacrificed himself in Avengers (lucky to have gotten back).

Didn't like the Thor change. Just seemed pointless. Also didn't understand why he abdicated the throne.

While the Hulk was entertaining, it was weird.

All that work to get Capt Marvel into the storyline, and that's all she had. Laughable.

Why does Pepper have a suit? Did Oprah have a show where she handed out suits to everybody?
You could nitpick any of the characters laying down their life. But like they said about Nat, the Avengers were her family, and she laid down her life for her family. Hawkeye would rather it have been him, because he loved Nat, and he felt terrible for acting like a vigilante for 5 years.

Thor was hilarious. That was a genius plot twist for so many reasons. he'd never seen defeat, lost those he loved, lost his home and his kingdom. He'd given up. And besides all that, it was hilarious because it was him.

Hulk was awesome. Bruce Banner was finally able to control both sides of himself. Use the best of both, rather than struggling with the worst of either.

I was glad Capt Marvel wasnt in the story more. It would have been too cheesy/easy if she'd joined this late in the game and saved the day.
TexasAggie_02
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I know it's a movie ...but it's funny to think he would live his life out to the moment his friends sent him back to the past... sneak in there and hide and watch. Them then just sit on that bench hoping they would see him.

Maybe he remembered the PIN to the gate at the Avengers facility, or it had biometric scanners and he was able to get in with a finger print or iris scan.
jeffk
AG
Also sort of bummed we never got to see a Hulk-Thanos rematch, but it's a minor complaint.
AgGrad99
AG
What'd you guys think about Captain America giving the shield away? I thought that was kind of random, especially to Falcon. Not a big deal, but seemed a little out of place.

Juan Solo
AG
wangus12 said:

What was not realistic about Tony's funeral? The gathering of heroes to honor a fallen comrade?
Drax wearing a shirt obviously.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Question on Professor Hulk...

Doesn't Hulk supposedly get stronger the more angry he gets? The more rage, the more monster?

Is super smart in control Hulk nearly as physically strong as green rage monster Hulk?
AgGrad99
AG
Dont know.

But he didnt have a problem half-heartedly smashing a car and throwing a motorcycle.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TXAG 05
AG
But does anyone actually like Falcon? I think he is the least interesting one of the group.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I do, and I think he makes a better Captain America than Bucky.
The Collective
AG
I like Falcon, and I thought it made a ton of sense.
JayHowdy!
CJS4715 said:

I like Falcon, and I thought it made a ton of sense.
But Falcon has zero superhero skills. Do you think that Falcon could have gone toe to toe with Thanos? Without his flying suit and guns he is just another guy, trying to stop an alien invasion. Now, he only has a shield to hide behind as Thanos dropkicks him into next week.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
I assumed that he took the Tesseract back to the 1970 Army base after taking the rest of the stones back and just stayed there with Agent Carter from then on. Seems the most plausible to me, but I could entertain other scenarios.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think "superhero skills" should be the only requirement for taking that mantle, though. Kind of like with Thor's hammer, in my mind, it's more of a "worthy" thing in terms of ideals, moral character, etc.
TCTTS
AG
People have pointed out that the car that drove in front of the house where Cap and Carter were dancing was from the '40s, as was the music (I think), and the overall vibe. I guess it could have been the '70s, though, and it wouldn't make much of a difference. Same basic scenario.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Captain America needs to be a leader, I'm not sure Bucky is that. Also, I like the actor a lot more.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
TCTTS said:

People have pointed out that the car that drove in front of the house where Cap and Carter were dancing was from the '40s, as was the music (I think), and the overall vibe. I guess it could have been the '70s, though, and it wouldn't make much of a difference. Same basic scenario.
Yeah, I blanked on that part. The music from the '40's isn't surprising, but the car does seem to indicate he went back to before 1970. Either way, good for him for getting that dance he promised Agent Carter.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I like Falcon, but he doesn't have the arm strength to fling the shield like cap or bucky could
Sex Panther
AG
jeffk said:

I was sort of hoping we'd get a "No one will remember you." from Tony as he snapped Thanos and his army away, but his "I am Iron Man" was awesome too.

I was convinced this was exactly what he'd say. But agree, they nailed it
TexasAggie_02
AG
He needs to go back before she meets someone else and has kids
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

That was actually one thing that bothered me a bit when Cap and Tony went back to 1970.

If we look back at First Avenger, both Peggy and Howard Stark would've been at least 25 or so in 1945 (and I'd think at least Stark was a bit older). Add 25 years to that and they're both 50+ in 1970, but Stark looked to be somewhere in his late 30s.

A little nitpicky I suppose, but that just seemed off.
TCTTS
AG
Really? He looked age-appropriate to me. Slattery was 55 when he filmed this movie. All they did was die his hair. I'm 38 and I sure as hell hope I don't look that old (though I would kill to look like Slattery when I'm 55).

(Btw, I was once at my favorite movie theater's bar with a friend, having a drink, waiting for our movie to start. Slattery came and sat in the empty stool right next to me, ordered a drink, and for 15 minutes it felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men. I don't know if I've ever felt cooler. He had a really sleek iPhone case, too, and I asked him where he got it. He didn't know, but was super nice.)
BigBrother
AG
Just wanted to post this after watching Endgame. Epic first time and last time saying it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.