*** CAPTAIN MARVEL ***

94,502 Views | 770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been underwhelmed by the trailers and still don't like the idea, at all, of a new, powerful, hero, coming to save the day in End Game. hate it actually. Any new character coming in at this point just seems contrived.

But......I really like Brie Larson and I can't really explain why (outside the obvious). Something about her voice maybe?

Have to convince my sons that we need to see this to prep for End Game. Reviews TCCTS posted did not seem non genuine. We shall see.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
Not gonna hover your spoiler, but why would you even post that here if its happening?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bruce Almighty
AG
PatAg said:

Not gonna hover your spoiler, but why would you even post that here if its happening?
He didn't spoil anything
rhutton125
AG
Nice
wangus12
AG
That guy probably just lost his credentials for reviewing big movies if he is dropping spoilers.
AgMarauder04
AG
Urban Ag said:

I've been underwhelmed by the trailers and still don't like the idea, at all, of a new, powerful, hero, coming to save the day in End Game. hate it actually. Any new character coming in at this point just seems contrived.

But......I really like Brie Larson and I can't really explain why (outside the obvious). Something about her voice maybe?

Have to convince my sons that we need to see this to prep for End Game. Reviews TCCTS posted did not seem non genuine. We shall see.

Brie Larsen comes across as relatable as a person to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not gonna lie, can't remember the last time I had such low hype for a Marvel movie. (Outside of the Ant-Man movies.)

Not sure what it is other than Brie Larson has almost no charisma whatsoever (in my opinion), and probably the fact that it's coming off of Infinity War. So it feels like a step down, in a way.

I do find the time travel stuff mildly intriguing, however. The main reason I'll watch it is because of how it'll tie in to Endgame.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Urban Ag said:

Reviews TCCTS posted did not seem non genuine. We shall see.
It really, really sounds like you're trying to convince yourself you're not going to like this movie weeks before it comes out and nothing is going to change your mind.

I fully expect to see you give this a solid "meh" on this same thread in a few weeks because your opinion is already set.
dave94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

and probably the fact that it's coming off of Infinity War. So it feels like a step down, in a way.

Lots of people were saying that leading up to Antman and the Wasp too, but I think most enjoyed it for what it was.

At this point I expect any Marvel movie to be made up to a certain standard; they always seem to find the right people for each project, and generally haven't had missteps.
Urban Ag
AG
Get over yourself

AgMarauder04
AG
Welp.

Apparently Audience Reviews are ranking it based on Larsen's comments alone.
Fenrir
How are audience scores even a thing at this point for the movie?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Fenrir said:

How are audience scores even a thing at this point for the movie?

I don't think it's reviews, at least not on rotten tomatoes. RT has a low "want to see it" score, but I'm sure it will get plenty of fake reviews.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
my new biggest gripe with this movie is that when I go to IMDb and type "captain" in the search bar, this is the movie it suggests, not Civil War or Winter Soldier.

oh the humanity....
AgfromHOU
AG
I didn't see anything crazy. Want to spoiler tag what I'm supposed to be angry about?
Dro07
AG
ya i don't see it... maybe they edited the cast listing?
AgMarauder04
AG
Add it with a spoiler tag?
rhutton125
AG
Avoiding. See y'all after release!
TCTTS
AG
agdoc2001
AG
Alert: Found result not consistent with my worldview.

Solution: Label as trolling. Delete offending data.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
astros4545
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I think Ben Mendelsohn is a really underrated actor.

Season 1 of Bloodlines on Netflix
Liquid Wrench
Why did they ever allow fan reviews before a movie's release?
hurleyag
AG
Seems like a logical idea that should have always be in place. We will still see trolls after the movie releases, but should help.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Great move by them..... IMDB made a similar move years ago and actually removed all fan message boards on a film because it just became a war between fanboy groups. And they also removed the ability to vote before a release because the voting was so ridiculous - the percentage of votes that were either 10 or 1 was ridiculous especially on any big films.

It's once again become a much more useful rating system since fanboys can't talk smack and aren't voting just to move it up or down reflecting their wishes more than their actual rating.

Liquid Wrench
I miss the old IMDB boards. Was a great place to ask a question about an old movie or actor when the topic wasn't buzz worthy anymore.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I miss the old IMDB boards. Was a great place to ask a question about an old movie or actor when the topic wasn't buzz worthy anymore.

Yeah but wading into any of the recent releases was a minefield and made it not enjoyable.

agdoc2001
AG

It wasn't a review - it was a poll where you could say if you were interested in seeing the movie. Those who are portraying this as users reviewing a movie they haven't seen are being disingenuous at best. Too many people said they weren't interested in seeing the movie so RT took their ball and went home.

See the archived page here:

http://archive.is/ZJMeg
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BigTimeAlum
AG
This is definitely my least anticipated Marvel movie ever and I love these things with a passion:

1) Brie Larson, as mentioned above, has no charisma. Not a fan. In the trailers, she confirms by delivering her lines awfully flat. She also does not come across as an action hero. Not athletic in her movements at all. The action scenes that we've seen so far look bad. She's not believable in the role.

2) The character and concept don't fit in the timeline they've created. You have what they are deeming the most powerful hero come in now? Especially when she was just a beeper away this whole time? Was Fury waiting for something more serious that the invasion of Earth? It makes no sense, but maybe they'll address it in the movie.

3) Captain Marvel is not a great character period. The super overpowered Captain Marvel iterations are just dumb.
Bruce Almighty
AG
agdoc2001 said:

It wasn't a review - it was a poll where you could say if you were interested in seeing the movie. Those who are portraying this as users reviewing a movie they haven't seen are being disingenuous at best. Too many people said they weren't interested in seeing the movie so RT took their ball and went home.

Yea, this is definitely fake news. This has nothing to do with audience score and is about fans wanting or not wanting to see it. These tweets and articles and making it look like people are leaving fake reviews even though there was never an audience review score to begin with.
Liquid Wrench
That makes more sense.
AgMarauder04
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

agdoc2001 said:

Yea, this is definitely fake news. This has nothing to do with audience score and is about fans wanting or not wanting to see it. These tweets and articles and making it look like people are leaving fake reviews even though there was never an audience review score to begin with.

I used the term "reviews" and I apologize. I wasn't trying to troll. I was just posting a discussion point. I think Larsen's comments weren't super smart, but the snowflake reaction of these manchildren throwing hissy fits over them is silly
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
then why did RT make a point of saying they were changing it so you could not affect Audience Score before release - if you in fact could not?

Seems odd.

And they left the Want to See score...but changed it from a percent to a raw number they said.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.