*** CAPTAIN MARVEL ***

94,460 Views | 770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Siap, just saw this Air Force recruiting commercial cashing in:

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
I thought so.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

So does Brie Larson give me permission to have these thoughts on her movie?

Seriously?
texasaggie04
AG
Not to go totally fan theory here... but why does Captain Marvel looked the same age in the post-credits scene? Shouldn't she be 25 years older?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

So does Brie Larson give me permission to have these thoughts on her movie?

Seriously?
Lighten up, Francis
redline248
AG
I think that was supposed to be obvious that she hasn't aged. My guess is at least in part due to getting an infusion of Kree blood. Maybe her powers, or the effects of traveling at light speed like in Flight of the Navigator?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, that's the unbelievable part to you? I mean, along with unlimited super powers comes agelessness, I imagine. If her skin can go blemish free in the vacuum of space, it's certainly not going to wrinkle or age.
texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, that's the unbelievable part to you? I mean, along with unlimited super powers comes agelessness, I imagine. If her skin can go blemish free in the vacuum of space, it's certainly not going to wrinkle or age.

"The city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow."

I'm not saying it's not believable, just didn't know if it was important. Again, not to go totally fan theory, but time travel and such.
rhutton125
AG
I worry slightly about her being 25 years older. That's a lot of growing and development we miss, presumably. She'd have seen some **** in that period. So either she hasn't changed at all, which is a little weird, or she's changed quite a bit from when we were just introduced to her. Guess we'll see!
jackie childs
dave94 said:

I have no problem with the decision to make the Supreme Intelligence personalized to whomever is communicating with it. To be honest, using the green head may have just been too out there for the mass, non-comic-book-reading audience.

I don't think using the original design makes the flick any better.

exactly...i think it was a good idea, particularly in a movie where we were already introducing enough weird space stuff

and for those really upset about it, they did at least address that it wasn't the supreme intelligence's "true form". i guess that at least gives some hope to those wanting the big green head
AgfromHOU
AG
I am hoping they go the Wonder Woman route with the sequel and show what she's been doing before present day
texasaggie04
AG
jackie childs said:

dave94 said:

I have no problem with the decision to make the Supreme Intelligence personalized to whomever is communicating with it. To be honest, using the green head may have just been too out there for the mass, non-comic-book-reading audience.

exactly...i think it was a good idea, particularly in a movie where we were already introducing enough weird space stuff

and for those really upset about it, they did at least address that it wasn't the supreme intelligence's "true form". i guess that at least gives some hope to those wanting the big green head

CM did say she would go and finish the fight. Maybe we'll see big green monster thing in a CM2 movie, showing her taking the fight to the Kree.
redline248
AG
I think it's obvious, now, to think she is going to be the reason the Kree stop actively going around destroying planets and why Ronan becomes an "outcast," so to speak.
Eliminatus
AG
Just got out.

Great movie. Probably the best origin film IMO aside from Iron Man. Fills in more back story which is always nice. Action was nice and we'll paced. Even the "feels" part didn't seem to cheesy.

Ignore the political hoopla. It was a fun movie and worth the $8 I paid.

Wont spoil anything but the one thing I noticed was the butt model swaps. Definitely was looking for it though.

Once again proves to me why Marvel >>>>>>>>>>> DC.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Eliminatus said:

Just got out.

Great movie. Probably the best origin film IMO aside from Iron Man. Fills in more back story which is always nice. Action was nice and we'll paced. Even the "feels" part didn't seem to cheesy.

Ignore the political hoopla. It was a fun movie and worth the $8 I paid.

Wont spoil anything but the one thing I noticed was the butt model swaps. Definitely was looking for it though.

Once again proves to me why Marvel >>>>>>>>>>> DC.

Better than Guardians?
chipotle
Meh... better than expected but I had low low low expectations.
AgfromHOU
AG
Good lord why do people have to bag on DC when talking about how good a Marvel movie is? Sure, give comparisons if you want, but to just give your review (and talk about butt doubles?) and then bam, DC bash, that's a little ridiculous.
The Debt
dave94 said:

I am fairly average fan who has heard of the kree but not familiar with them to the degree of the average comic book fan. Since the supreme intelligence or whatever is the ruler of the kree, I feel like it would have given the twist away if it was too menacing early in film.

Instead it played the cyberdyn "we give you a face you like" (terminator: salvation) trick.

"Bad" Annette Bening was just annoying. Like some middle aged woman who went to happy hour after sitting in a cubicle all day.
AgfromHOU
AG
I have Guardians as 2a and Captain Marvel as 2b on Marvel origin movies, with Iron Man being the first.
redline248
AG
I don't think First Avenger gets enough credit. Maybe it's b/c so many people already knew that story?
The Debt
No, it was too soon after the matrix to hear hugo weaving use a German accent and say "mr Anderson"
Sex Panther
AG

fig96
AG
redline248 said:

I don't think First Avenger gets enough credit. Maybe it's b/c so many people already knew that story?
Maybe because Winter Soldier has kind of overshadowed it?
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Cap is my favorite avengers and I don't care for it. Too corny. Red Skull kind of misses for me.
Bulldog73
AG
I felt like first avenger was three full movies in one. I love the MCU, but I'm exhausted after watching it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The First Avenger was uneven. I loved the first half, second half was average. I didn't like Red Skull.
rhutton125
AG
As an action aficionado, First Avenger is bottom tier. Weak choreography.

The film also kinda races to the finish awkwardly. They just charge the front gates like it's nothing.
Cibalo
did anyone else have the new Spiderman movie trailer shown before the movie?

those that follow closely knew it was coming out but if Marvel is trying to keep with the timeline that Spidy is dust in the wind shouldn't they wait to release a trailer until after Endgame?
jackie childs
Cibalo said:

did anyone else have the new Spiderman movie trailer shown before the movie?

those that follow closely knew it was coming out but if Marvel is trying to keep with the timeline that Spidy is dust in the wind shouldn't they wait to release a trailer until after Endgame?
ideally, yes

but this is a business and in this instance, even more complicated because sony actually owns the rights to the spidey films, not marvel. from a business perspective, it just doesn't make sense to put the production of all other films on hold so as not to spoil endgame.

from a story-telling standpoint, i'm not sure they're really spoiling anything anyway. i think most people suspect, or even assume, that the "snap" will be undone in some form or fashion. the question then becomes how and at what potential cost.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Anyone else dying to hear what happened between the Tesseract get lost in First Avenger and popping up in this movie?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agracer
AG
Saw it last night, though it was entertaining.

Brie Larson was a little flat in delivery and their were not as many LOL moments as we typically see in these films. But it was certainly better than Black Panther.

Oh, and was it really necessary to state "Captain Marvel will return in Avengers Endgame" at the end of credits clip..I mean, wasn't that obvious to everyone?
bthotugigem05
AG
agracer said:

Saw it last night, though it was entertaining.

Brie Larson was a little flat in delivery and their were not as many LOL moments as we typically see in these films. But it was certainly better than Black Panther.

Oh, and was it really necessary to state "Captain Marvel will return in Avengers Endgame" at the end of credits clip..I mean, wasn't that obvious to everyone?
That's pretty standard for their origin stories.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The name "Captain Marvel" is never mentioned, right?

Makes me wonder if she doesn't take up the moniker of Captain after Cap's possible death in Endgame.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.