*** CAPTAIN MARVEL ***

94,462 Views | 770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
bedofbrass33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

butt double? white man hate? wtf is going on here?

I know what you're talking about but links would be nice rather than vague comments.

If Marvel decides its time to go down the SJW rabbit hole I'm out after Endgame. Tired of being hated on.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

The official web page is up.

Done in horrible 1990s web page style. So awesome.

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

clever and i like it... of course that would not be possible in 1990 actually.

the FIRST browser Mosaic was developed in 1990.and it would have been text content only then.

Only with Mosaic 2.0 were any graphics available. And the first really commercial browser Netscape wasn't until 1994.

but I digress.... still cool throwback idea.

TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bedofbrass33
AG
TCTTS said:

Interesting. RDJ was considered a risk at the time, wasn't he? Seem to recall he had been in and out of rehab before landing the Iron Man gig. That must have made him cheap to sign.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ah.... well I thought I saw set in 1990.
Bruce Almighty
AG
What the Hell is going on?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
sorry I was on mobile

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/brie-larson-minority-journalists-inclusive-captain-marvel-press-tour-1202043142/

She doesn't want white males reviewing her movie pretty much and wants more diversity to review it and such. There is apparently more when she doubled down on it.

They are using a butt double for her which is old news (missed it the first time) but its making its rounds heavily again. Apparently Thanos snap took Bries butt .

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
rhutton125
AG
So the lead in a movie that's being marketed as a female-empowerment film of sorts, who plays a comic character known for her female-empowerment message, is using her position to empower some women and minorities. I don't really see that as a bad thing..?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
rhutton125
AG
Other than the headline the article went with, it doesn't read that way to me. I haven't watched any interviews or anything like that with her though, admittedly.
Fenrir
TCTTS said:

This was deleted I guess, what was it originally?
TCTTS
AG
It was a tweet from The Hollywood Reporter. I guess they took it down. I'll find another, one sec...
TCTTS
AG
THR has a bunch of different tweets teasing different aspects of the same article. The one I posted had to do with how much Larson was paid in comparison to other stars. THR took it down for whatever reason, but here's a link to the same article...

wangus12
AG
C@LAg said:

rhutton125 said:

So the lead in a movie that's being marketed as a female-empowerment film of sorts, who plays a comic character known for her female-empowerment message, is using her position to empower some women and minorities. I don't really see that as a bad thing..?
yes, but at the point of denigrating another group? that is not the way to do it.

still not sold on her in the role. I hope it is just down to the blah trailers as this is the least enthused for a marvel movie that I have been since Ant Man..
Well both Ant Mans were badass so there's that
bearamedic99
AG
maybe I'm still bitter from the female celebration at the Grammys. If she wants to push feminism more than Marvel, Marvel could pull a deal like they did with Hulk or Rhodey.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I have a feeling the second wave of Marvel is going to be all about diversity.
Dro07
AG
The red wave is coming...
Aggie94
AG
dromo07 said:

sorry I was on mobile

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/brie-larson-minority-journalists-inclusive-captain-marvel-press-tour-1202043142/

She doesn't want white males reviewing her movie pretty much and wants more diversity to review it and such. There is apparently more when she doubled down on it.

"That's not what she said, you ignorant wretch..." /

Larsen wanted to deliberately give underrepresented press members the opportunity to interview her about the movie. The article points out that she specifically gave a disabled journalist that opportunity, who says it had been her biggest break in her career. For her prior movies she said most interviewers were white males - she wanted to do something about that - what exactly is wrong about that? There's nothing in that article that says she doesn't want white males reviewing her move. Geez.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
what about disabled white male journalists???????

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

And uhhhhh..... exactly who does she think superhero movie fans are anyway????

rshackelford
AG
Seems like an appropriate time for a good ol' "Orange-Man bad" post.
rhutton125
AG
Mad props for finding an appropriate use for a great Tombstone reference.

My go-to is "...but we got to have some law!" but I think I'm the only person who gets it.
FL_Ag1998
AG
C@LAg said:

rhutton125 said:

yes, but at the point of denigrating another group? that is not the way to do it.

still not sold on her in the role. I hope it is just down to the blah trailers as this is the least enthused for a marvel movie that I have been since Ant Man..

The article that I read about it had quotes from her, and none of them were denigrating white males. As has been mentioned, she merely wanted to see more women and minorities afforded the ability to review her movies. As in given the chance to review her movies by their bosses at the newspapers, etc. She never said they had to take the place of white men, or that white men could not review her movies, or that she didn't care what white men had to say about her movies. This isn't anything that white men (speaking as one) should take offense to or get worked up about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was joking with a buddy about how if Brie really cared, she should've stepped aside and let a Hispanic woman get the role.

My response - make it a gay one and you've got something.

And I accidentally stumbled on Michelle Rodriguez. Not gonna lie, she would had likely killed this role. This chick is just so bland...
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was joking with a buddy about how if Brie really cared, she should've stepped aside and let a Hispanic woman get the role.

My response - make it a gay one and you've got something.

And I accidentally stumbled on Michelle Rodriguez. Not gonna like, she would had likely killed this role. This chick is just so bland...

Then we would have had all of the trolls ranting about how they turned a white straight chick into a gay Mexican.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Aggie94 said:

dromo07 said:

sorry I was on mobile

Larsen wanted to deliberately give underrepresented press members the opportunity to interview her about the movie. The article points out that she specifically gave a disabled journalist that opportunity, who says it had been her biggest break in her career. For her prior movies she said most interviewers were white males - she wanted to do something about that - what exactly is wrong about that? There's nothing in that article that says she doesn't want white males reviewing her move. Geez.

Wait, you mean TexAgs twisted a piece of news in order to act offended at non-existent white male persecution? That's not like this place at all.
Fenrir
TCTTS said:

Aggie94 said:

dromo07 said:

sorry I was on mobile

Wait, you mean TexAgs twisted a piece of news in order to act offended at non-existent white male persecution? That's not like this place at all.
People complaining about what she is doing in that article is stupid...but so is this.
Madmarttigan
AG
TCTTS said:

That's just because people don't want to miss the ending credit for end game.

I actually don't care about this movie except I don't want to miss any pieces prior to endgame.
Formerly tv1113
HoustonAg2106
AG
tv1113 said:

TCTTS said:

That's just because people don't want to miss the ending credit for end game.

I actually don't care about this movie except I don't want to miss any pieces prior to endgame.

I feel the exact same way

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.