*** CAPTAIN MARVEL ***

94,468 Views | 770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agracer said:

What's Tony Stark's name for Captain Marvel going to be in IW2???
Sun tits

of course
PatAg
AG
I would expect her to play a crucial role, but not be the "saves the day" while the characters you grew attached to over the course of a decade watch.
hurleyag
AG
Could the post credit scene not deal with her at all, but rather the war between the Kree and Nova Corps? Maybe the signing of the treaty and Ronan raging?
Gigem314
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Let her have some small pivotal role, then let the OG Avengers do their thing.
I'd say this is probably going to be what happens anyway
Yeah I think she and Ant-Man are the pivot points, but the OG Avengers will be the ones who ultimately save the day in the end. They haven't gone to the trouble of all this build-up with the storyline over multiple films pointing to Thanos only to have one of the newbs be solely responsible for defeating him. They aren't going to "Rian this up".
Malachi Constant
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I think a massive buildup of a year for a character to have a role only to get dusted is a dumb idea and can't figure out why people think it would be neat.
Because we know all the characters that got the snap are coming back anyway.
fig96
AG
hurleyag said:

Could the post credit scene not deal with her at all, but rather the war between the Kree and Nova Corps? Maybe the signing of the treaty and Ronan raging?
Does anyone else really want to see a Nova movie? I think he could be a fun character in this universe and tie in well to the intergalactic direction things are heading.
Gigem314
AG
agracer said:

What's Tony Stark's name for Captain Marvel going to be in IW2???
Captain Marvel punches out bad guy

Tony: "Nice moves, TJ Hooker, but I'll take it from here"

Captain Marvel proton blasts another bad guy

Tony: "Ok we're good here..."
FL_Ag1998
AG
fig96 said:

hurleyag said:

Does anyone else really want to see a Nova movie? I think he could be a fun character in this universe and tie in well to the intergalactic direction things are heading.

My son and I would love to see a Nova movie (based on the Sam version). He'd be a perfect compliment to this teenage Spiderman we now have.
rhutton125
AG
Post-credits seem to come in two flavors. A is resolving a minor plot point and/or teasing that the character(s) will return, and B is referring to or adding onto a joke from earlier. Sometimes you get an A and a B, sometimes two As, sometimes two Bs. But it's almost always an exclamation point to the film you just saw, and a small hint as to where things will go from here.

IIRC, post-credits A is almost always followed by a "___ will return." You see Doctor Strange talking with Thor, he says he'll help Thor, then "Doctor Strange will return" and you pretty much know when that will be. T'Challa speaks to the U.N. (following up on the Wakanda reveal), Shuri speaks with Bucky, and everything is tied up and you know that "Black Panther will return," probably in the next film with Bucky, which would be Infinity War.

Unless I'm forgetting something, the only time things seemed to come totally out of left field were 1) Iron Man 2, which set up Thor, and 2) Age of Ultron, where Thanos decided to come after the Avengers or something. But IM2's follows Coulson, who earlier in the film left on an urgent assignment, and Age of Ultron teased the next Avengers villain, even though it was pretty arbitrary and the Russos had to treat it as non-canon to make their film.

So unless a Captain Marvel character has something to do with Hawkeye, I don't think we'd be seeing something so unrelated to the film we just watched. Probably one post-credits picking up immediately after the end of the film, maybe how she ends up in the present day or whatever message she gets on her pager, and then maybe one more post-credits with a funny scene with her cat or something.

I feel like I almost always set my hopes way too high for a post-credits, and leave the theater with an unenthusiastic "hmm," so I'm just throwing some data out there to adjust expectations.
rhutton125
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

fig96 said:

hurleyag said:

My son and I would love to see a Nova movie (based on the Sam version). He'd be a perfect compliment to this teenage Spiderman we now have.
I would love a Nova movie. I don't really know enough about either version, though. Greatly looking forward to reading Annihilation eventually. I could imagine a Phase 4 or 5 film with Nova, the Guardians and the Fantastic Four teaming up in space.

The only issue I foresee with Nova is that his power set seems very similar to Captain Marvel's. And his origin is pretty similar to Green Lantern, so Marvel would have to beat DC to the punch.
DTP02
AG
I'm a little concerned that this late addition to the MCU who no one has much attachment to is going to play too big a role in Endgame. I generally trust the Marvel brain trust to get it right, but I'm getting the vibe that Captain Marvel is going to be overpowered and too pivotal to Endgame, which would detract from the finale.
fig96
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

fig96 said:

hurleyag said:

Exactly my thoughts, I really like Sam and think he'd be a fun addition. Could also follow a bit of his dad's story and use that to segway into some Nova Corps backstory.
PatAg
AG
I actually think it would be really interesting if she gets the page during the actual movie at some point, instead of just in a credits scene.
wangus12
AG
PatAg said:

I actually think it would be really interesting if she gets the page during the actual movie at some point, instead of just in a credits scene.
The actual movie is set in the 90's
YouBet
AG
DTP02 said:

I'm a little concerned that this late addition to the MCU who no one has much attachment to is going to play too big a role in Endgame. I generally trust the Marvel brain trust to get it right, but I'm getting the vibe that Captain Marvel is going to be overpowered and too pivotal to Endgame, which would detract from the finale.
They've already announced she's the most powerful hero in the MCU. Logic would tell you there is a decent chance they will make her the savior in Endgame because of this.
Bruce Almighty
AG
YouBet said:

DTP02 said:

They've already announced she's the most powerful hero in the MCU. Logic would tell you there is a decent chance they will make her the savior in Endgame because of this.

I disagree. Kevin Feige isn't stupid enough to do this. They're setting her up to be the leader of the next round of movies, but they'll let the original six go out on a bang. Feige knows what the fans want.
Muy
AG
Anyone mention that she looks like she could be the daughter of Ben Stiller? Looks just like his wife.
YouBet
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

YouBet said:

DTP02 said:

I disagree. Kevin Feige isn't stupid enough to do this. They're setting her up to be the leader of the next round of movies, but they'll let the original six go out on a bang. Feige knows what the fans want.
Hope so!
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

PatAg said:

The actual movie is set in the 90's
no ****
GiveEmHellBill
AG
DTP02 said:

Wakanda and it's warriors played a pretty significant role in Infinity War, and we had just been introduced to them in Black Panther three months before IW came out.

And Captain Marvel is being set in the same space setting that we're already comfortable with as it's the same settings as the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I think it'll be fine.
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Best piece of marketing I've seen for this film, hands down. Also, the fact that I vividly remember most sites looking like that makes me feel pretty damn old.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brilliant.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone else go 8/8 in Skrull or human?
texasaggie04
AG
Only thing missing from the website is the page-long list of key words at the bottom for search engines to find.
kyledr04
AG
Epic website
c-jags
My angelfire site looked about like that.

Flash everywhere. Great marketing for anybody over 30.
Gigem314
AG
C@LAg said:

The official web page is up.

Done in horrible 1990s web page style. So awesome.

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel
Geocities lives!
Dro07
AG
butt double? white man hate? wtf is going on here?
wangus12
AG
Went 6/8. Stupid humans
bearamedic99
AG
what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.