*** CAPTAIN MARVEL ***

94,454 Views | 770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmendeler
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A definite must see but still not sold on Brie Larson just yet. Feels like they released this sneak peek maybe knowing the skepticism on how she was portrayed in earlier trailers. I don't know; that's just me so that could be wrong.
YouBet
AG
BTW, and I hate to ask this because we go through this every so often, but the IMAX version of this when they say 26% more to see on screen.... Which IMAX does that apply to exactly? All of them regardless of 2D, 3D, or 70mm?
PatAg
AG
Couldn't pay me to see another movie in the current version of 3D.
jackie childs
YouBet said:

A definite must see but still not sold on Brie Larson just yet. Feels like they released this sneak peek maybe knowing the skepticism on how she was portrayed in earlier trailers. I don't know; that's just me so that could be wrong.
perhaps, but Marvel has done a fantastic job casting all these characters (particularly the heroes) and brie larson is pretty talented, so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt
The Collective
AG
I will see, because I trust Marvel and I like SLJ.
rhutton125
AG
I haven't seen very much with her, but this clip makes me think that she has a kind of dry, sardonic delivery. Makes her "noble warrior heroes" line from the last trailer a little more bearable.
TajMaballer
AG
I don't know if it's just Chicago, but I got tickets to a Wednesday, March 6th screening at 9pm. Anybody else see these earlier than usual screenings?
Beat40
Lots of SLJ is going to be fun!
boogieman
AG
Liked this new trailer a lot better than the previous ones.
Kate Beckett
AG
Getting really stoked.
Gigem314
AG
fig96 said:

I was going to see it no matter what, but definitely feeling the energy of the new trailer more.
Yeah much better vibe from the latest one. Looks like there could be some fun exchanges between her and Fury.
Kate Beckett
AG
I think it's just Chicago. Earliest I see in my area is the 7th.
texasaggie04
AG
Was bored the other day and looked through the first few pages of the official MCU thread. As a reminder, here were some of the top contenders for Dr. Strange:

1. Oscar Isaac
2. Ewan McGregor
3. Ethan Hawke
4. Jake Gyllenhaal
5. Matthew McConaughey

And back in 2014, Chadwick Boseman was described "kind of bland and unexciting."

These conversations pop up every time a new character is to be introduced (which speaks volumes about what the MCU has been able to accomplish over the last 10 years). Marvel has done a great job casting so far, I have no doubts that Brie Larson will do just fine in her role.
jtstanley4621
AG
jackie childs said:

YouBet said:

perhaps, but Marvel has done a fantastic job casting all these characters (particularly the heroes) and brie larson is pretty talented, so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt
I tend to agree. Larson is a pretty fantastic actress in her own right. Honestly I would be kinda surprised if the movie ended up being bad. Seems like there's a lot at stake (Captain Marvel having an important role in Endgame, Marvel's first women-led superhero movie, etc.). Marvel has basically unlimited funds, and I'm sure they want to get the movie right at whatever cost.
agracer
AG
What's Tony Stark's name for Captain Marvel going to be in IW2???
Malachi Constant
AG
Calling it now: post-credits scene of Captain Marvel is her picking up the pager and then getting dusted.

The gut punch before we find out how everyone comes back to life in IW.
TCTTS
AG
I dig that.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

I dig that.

Why? That's super dumb. Especially because everyone got dusted within seconds. No way she shows up and then picks it up.

That's just lazy and nothing bit a big FU to audiences.
Stupe
S
jackie childs said:

YouBet said:

That's kind of where I'm at.

Outside of the Hulk movie that came out in 2008, Marvel hasn't put out a bad movie that ties in. I know some didn't like the first Thor movie and some others have been less than great, but I haven't walked out of one going "That was horrible and I wasted my money".

fightinags2013
AG
It would be wild if she started to get dusted, but then somehow was able to resist it. Not saying I want that to happen, just throwing it out there as an idea.
Bruce Almighty
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

TCTTS said:

I dig that.

Why? That's super dumb. Especially because everyone got dusted within seconds. No way she shows up and then picks it up.

Her own pager, not Fury's
Bruce Almighty
AG
fightinags2013 said:

It would be wild if she started to get dusted, but then somehow was able to resist it. Not saying I want that to happen, just throwing it out there as an idea.
I wish they would have done that with Banner. He starts to get dusted and then Hulk brings him back.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

fightinags2013 said:

I wish they would have done that with Banner. He starts to get dusted and then Hulk brings him back.
Just had a thought. End credits of Captain Marvel........Hugh Jackman gets dusted, screen goes black and we hear the claws. I think I would **** my pants.
TCTTS
AG
As has already been stated, her OWN pager, or whatever her high-tech equivalent is.
texasaggie04
AG
I wonder if the end credits scene won't just be something humorous with Coulson and Nick Fury. A bit like the post-credits to the first Avengers movie. I'm not sure how much more build-up there can be to A4.
rhutton125
AG
Probably one where she answers the pager (or something else Endgame-related), and one that recalls a bit from earlier in the film or something purely for fun.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

As has already been stated, her OWN pager, or whatever her high-tech equivalent is.

Still a massive middle finger to the audiences. You leave the biggest stinger, and then say "JUST KIDDING!". That's a dick move.

It's almost as big a dick move as having her be the big hero for Endgame.

Let her have some small pivotal role, then let the OG Avengers do their thing.
fig96
AG
You seem oddly annoyed by all this.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I'd say this is probably going to be what happens anyway
AgMarauder04
AG
I think a massive buildup of a year for a character to have a role only to get dusted is a dumb idea and can't figure out why people think it would be neat.
OnlyForNow
AG
Where is Neridawll or whereever Thor gets Stormbreaker in relation to where the Kree might be hanging out?

Any chance she saw that and was like... weird? But didn't think anything of it?

jackie childs
wangus12 said:

Quote:

I'd say this is probably going to be what happens anyway
that's what i'm hoping.

i think it'd be cool for the post-credit scene(s) for captain marvel to show how the snap impacted her, the kree, the skrulls, etc.

then in endgame, she can either save Tony from space or Scott from the Quantum Realm, impart some key wisdom that comes in handy later, but then spend the bulk of the movie off-screen handling her own post-snap issues
rhutton125
AG
I expect she'll be a decent part of Endgame, but not the solution by any means. She and/or Ant-Man arriving might be what sets things into motion.

Killing her in the post-credits of her own movie would just be an unnecessary troll job. It worked for Ant-Man and the Wasp because not everyone was killed, and it sets up what could be a major tie-in (Ant-Man coming to the Avengers with a plan). Her dying for no reason would just be harsh and unnecessary.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think the post credit scene will probably involve Hawkeye and his family.
agracer
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

TCTTS said:

I dig that.

That would only happen if the people from Disney in charge of Star Wars suddenly took over Marvel...so lets hope not!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.