Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,672 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's true.

So now I'm considering these, or the "factory seconds" Yeti's for a trip to Big Bend.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
Hopefully this doesn't come across rude, but do you work for RTIC or have some type of stake in it?

I noticed your photo above was posted by RTIC on their facebook page the same day, but without giving you credit. I have yet to see photos from any other Ags on this thread and was curious how you received yours before anybody else.

Again ... just trying to figure out why the only photo I've seen on this thread looks like it's the same person who posted on RTIC's facebook page. RTIC's facebook page
I honestly thought the same thing; but I figured that if MrJonMan worked there or had a stake in it he would have been pretty open about it, probably would have drummed up a lot more support if we knew that an Aggie had a hand in the business.
tclub
Has anyone else gotten there's yet?
texags08
AG
Nothing here
htxag09
AG
Or he could have just as easily been run off here for not paying to advertise.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Hopefully this doesn't come across rude, but do you work for RTIC or have some type of stake in it?

I noticed your photo above was posted by RTIC on their facebook page the same day, but without giving you credit. I have yet to see photos from any other Ags on this thread and was curious how you received yours before anybody else.

Again ... just trying to figure out why the only photo I've seen on this thread looks like it's the same person who posted on RTIC's facebook page. RTIC's facebook page

Nope! The only relation I have to the company is I live 10min from their "head quarters". Well that and it turns out one of the owners lives in the same subdivision as we do.

I guess I just got lucky on this first cooler, because I too have yet to receive my other order (20qt) or any notification about it.

He posted this thread on their Facebook because when I originally went by to talk with them, to see if they were legit or not, I mentioned this is how I heard about it & it was a pretty popular topic. BHe asked if I could send him the link. Apparently they also have a fairly large thread on The Big Green Egg forum too.

And you're correct, if I was a part of the company, I would've done a much better job getting Aggies to jump on board.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:

They linked the picture from this thread and posted his post here. It makes more sense when you see it on the timeline. https://www.facebook.com/rticcoolers/timeline
rossuvet12
AG
Ordered today figure it's worth a shot!

Lady I talked to said to hope for mid January shipment. Said that they will start making a light blue color in January.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Or he could have just as easily been run off here for not paying to advertise.

Again, no ownership or affiliation with RTIC.....

We have a family pest control company and we don't advertise on here, with the exception of Maroon Book
MrJonMan
AG
Also, I finally emptied the cooler yesterday from that golf cart pic

Sad to report, the ice was melted
htxag09
AG
I know, not claiming you are affiliated. Just pointing out why some people may come on here and prop their business without saying they are associated.

We actually use your pest control and get the TexAgs discount!
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
I know, not claiming you are affiliated. Just pointing out why some people may come on here and prop their business without saying they are associated.

We actually use your pest control and get the TexAgs discount!

Awesome, we appreciate it!
Duncan Idaho
It might be a great product but I will say from a pure sales perspective they couldn't have picked a worse name.

texags08
AG
quote:
It might be a great product but I will say from a pure sales perspective they couldn't have picked a worse name.

True, but if you look at all the Yeti knock offs, they all have 4 letter names.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
quote:
quote:

What should it be named? Notayeti?
tamu2009
AG
I thought the name was pretty good.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice!

How about "ITEY"?
agfan2013
AG
quote:

Could be worse. My buddy won an "Icehole" cooler for a raffle drawing. I don't think I need to spell out what kind of immature jokes we make with that one.
texags08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice!

How about "ITEY"?

FETI
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice!

How about "ITEY"?

FETI

Call it FETI WAP, and it might open up a whole new demographic.
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
JETI

you dont even have to change the pronunciation!
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice!

How about "ITEY"?

FETI

Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice!

How about "ITEY"?

FETI

Trap music.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I thought the name was pretty good.

I have read through his thread and can't remember if it is ritc rtic or rcit.

Now imagine you wife sees one of these and says I will surprise my husband with one. She goes to Google or to a store and thinks "now what was the name of the cooler Something with 4 letters" she ask the Google machine or the sales guy and both comeback with "oh you must mean Yeti", those are right over here"

Same for some random dude that sees yours at the dock. "**** writing the name down, it's four letters, I'll remember that" gets home and gets on Google...damn it!what was that thing called again? Then he starts Googlein "yeti knock offs" and ends up on your competitors sites.
The Wonderer
AG
R-TIC

How hard is that?
aggielostinETX
AG
it's RTIC, like the Arctic Circle... but in textese?

is it really that hard?
Duncan Idaho
quote:

is it really that hard?

It was for me. Now excuse me while I go hide in shame
aggielostinETX
AG
Don't feel bad... i had a worse brain fart the other day on the "uncle charlie" wants you poster..
JYDog90
AG
quote:

is it really that hard?

Wow. I just got that right now. I've been talking about R-T-I-C coolers for months. What an idiot I am!
AgEng06
AG
Come on fellas
Tim Taylor
I signed up before 7/4 and haven't even gotten a single other email from them
mts6175
AG
I was ok with the delay, got an email that mine would be shipping soon, but the lack of other people from here not getting them yet makes me wonder. There should be quite a few ahead of me.
Ayto Siks
I saw a bunch of these coolers for sale at the marina store @ Plantation Inn in Crystal River, FL a few weeks ago. The coolers seemed like they were high quality.
tclub
quote:
I saw a bunch of these coolers for sale at the marina store @ Plantation Inn in Crystal River, FL a few weeks ago. The coolers seemed like they were high quality.

Wait what?? How? I thought you could only buy them thru their website???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.