Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,660 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
Post removed:
by user
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
if everyday of waiting is worth $0.50, then how many days of waiting = same price as YETI?
Post removed:
by user
mts6175
AG
quote:
if everyday of waiting is worth $0.50, then how many days of waiting = same price as YETI?
Well, I'm not getting paid .50 per day, so no, it doesn't equal the same price as a Yeti.
txagfisher
AG
Just received an email that my tan 20 is scheduled to ship within the next two weeks.
aggieforester05
AG
My White 20 just moved to 1/2/2016 from 12/5/2015. It damn well better be here by then or I won't have it for the last and most important hunting trip of the year.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Talked to them on the phone today. According to the representative:

Coolers are back ordered from China
No guarantee or confidence percentage they won't push back date further
They ship them within 24hrs of receiving
White and Tan are now both back ordered
There is pretty much nothing you can do to get it faster at the moment

That's it. Really sucks I am going to miss deer season without getting to break this in.

I am going to keep my order in place for now...
texags08
AG
At this rate we may get ****ed by Chinese New Year too.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Unfortunately, this is how it works a lot of times with small start-ups when their product generates a much larger consumer response than they anticipated. They get backlogged on orders, and it takes them a while to catch up. Then they learn from the first pass and are able to hone their projections, ramp up production, and cut down on delivery time.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Unfortunately, this is how it works a lot of times with small start-ups when their product generates a much larger consumer response than they anticipated. They get backlogged on orders, and it takes them a while to catch up. Then they learn from the first pass and are able to hone their projections, ramp up production, and cut down on delivery time.
But american consumers are greedy elephants and expect immediate gratification and never forget when they don't get it.
sunchaser
AG
Sounds like a ponzi scheme but instead of dividends you get a cooler....
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:
But american consumers are greedy elephants and expect immediate gratification and never forget when they don't get it.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I got in on the Barbell Apparel kickstarter last year. Company designs jeans specifically cut for muscular body types i.e. larger leg openings relative to waist size. Fantastic idea, and they got an overwhelming response from the fitness community. They blew their original goal out of the water and raised nearly $750K. Understandably, production got ridiculously backlogged and it took them a bit to ramp production up to a level where they could keep up. Some of the original kickstarter backers had to wait over 3 months past the original promised delivery date to get their jeans. Sure, I would have preferred to get mine sooner, but I understood and accepted it as part of the deal with purchasing a brand new product from a brand new company. You wouldn't believe some of the vitriol that got posted on their facebook page though. Some people have no patience. BUT, the company learned from it, and are able to ship out orders in a timely fashion now.
sunchaser
AG
I don't remember the exact timing and numbers but in KUIU's 2nd or 3rd year they were out of the year's product in the first two months.
The Wonderer
AG
Another example is Palmetto State Armory. They became popular quickly and their shipping times were horrendous, sometimes taking over 2-3 weeks to ship AR parts. Now, I routinely get stuff into my FFL within 3-5 days, but people continue to say how horrible their shipping is. Those people have not ordered from them since they fixed their shipping policies over a year ago, but continue to spout how bad they are.
aggielostinETX
AG
if i split another pair of pants in the crotch, i may be calling them.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
if i split another pair of pants in the crotch, i may be calling them.

Do it. They're pretty darn pricey, but they're also the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever worn.
texags08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Truer words have never been spoken.

I got in on the Barbell Apparel kickstarter last year. Company designs jeans specifically cut for muscular body types i.e. larger leg openings relative to waist size. Fantastic idea, and they got an overwhelming response from the fitness community. They blew their original goal out of the water and raised nearly $750K. Understandably, production got ridiculously backlogged and it took them a bit to ramp production up to a level where they could keep up. Some of the original kickstarter backers had to wait over 3 months past the original promised delivery date to get their jeans. Sure, I would have preferred to get mine sooner, but I understood and accepted it as part of the deal with purchasing a brand new product from a brand new company. You wouldn't believe some of the vitriol that got posted on their facebook page though. Some people have no patience. BUT, the company learned from it, and are able to ship out orders in a timely fashion now.

In both cases you have a company that makes a blanket ship promise rather than saying "you are about X in line, so your ship date will be Y." RTIC has said, "everyone who preordered will get it October, no sorry November, no sorry January."
Dr. Faustus
AG
Barbell didn't make a promise. They set a goal, and they weren't able to meet it due to overwhelming demand. I believe their statement was, "It is our goal to get all of the kickstarter orders shipped out by early November." A few folks got theirs roughly on time when the first size run came in, but most didn't and had to wait for other size runs.

Either way though, saying "you're X in line, so your ship date is Y" isn't any more accurate than giving a blanket estimated date. They're coming to them in batches from China, not individually. And if manufacturing is overloaded, there will be delays across the board, regardless of if they gave everyone individual delivery date estimates or not. You've got a delay either way, so the net result is the same.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Sounds like a ponzi scheme but instead of dividends you get a cooler....
This type stuff has happened before. Big thread on slickdeals about a zakk wylde guitar and toy motorcycle combo. They trickled just enough out to get more buzz and then disappeared.
Tim Taylor
F this crap I'm gonna go buy a frustration free yeti
Out in Left Field
AG
First World Problems
aggielostinETX
AG
Just announced a tumbler on facebook.

Must be trolling us now.
AgEng06
AG
Link?
aggielostinETX
AG
https://www.facebook.com/rticcoolers/
powerbelly
AG
Coming soon...

So you can have your tumbler by early 2017 if you order now.
Post removed:
by user
DimeBox17
AG
The estimated ship date for my Tan 65qt started at 11/13, then jumped to 12/3, now it says 12/31
htxag09
AG
quote:
Just announced a tumbler on facebook.

Must be trolling us now.

I've said it before and will say it again. If yeti can't successfully sue these guys they have the worst lawyers ever.
Caliber
AG
quote:
RTIC Coolers You can purchase starting January 5, 2016 in which they will ship that day and deliver with free 2-Day Shipping.
From the Facebook comments... They must have learned something with the coolers...
DriftwoodAg
AG

somebody isn't too good at math $39.99-$19.99 does not equal $19
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
You realize they are a penny off, right?
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
You realize they are a penny off, right?

$1.00 off
aggielostinETX
AG
MATH IS FUN!!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Oh, I didn't read the fine print... haha
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
MATH IS FUN!!

I had to use my TI-89, just to be safe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.