Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,687 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
jgw02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ordered my tan 20 on 8/18 and it is suppose to deliver to my house Friday
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I ordered my tan 8/19 and it still says 1/4/16
jgw02
AG
That's crazy the shift in delivery based on 1 day
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah and I preordered back in July.
jpistolero02
I told you guys about the fact my lid doesn't seem to seal very tightly. I have contacted them and no response other than the canned response about receiving your e-mail. I am sure they aren't ready to start fielding support issues as well. It seems like the design is identical to the Yeti, so I am not sure why it doesn't seal.
MrJonMan
AG
Using mine today to ice some brews
MrJonMan
AG
Just saw on their Facebook, can order the 30oz "tumbler" as they call it, starting Dec 4th, shipped by Dec 10th. Said its a very limited release though.
jgw02
AG
Got my tan 20 in today. Seems nice, amazing how similar to a yeti it is. Mine seems to seal pretty well, I know there was a comment above about this above.
water turkey
UPS says they delivered it to my front door today, but guess what. It wasn't there.

Waiting all this time to have my cooler stolen off of my front porch. **** me!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Imagine the crook's surprise when it's not a yeti!
Dr. Faustus
AG
My tan 65 quart showed up yesterday evening. Extremely similar to a Yeti. Seems to be well constructed. The real test will be next weekend at the deer lease.
texags08
AG
Anyone get a tan 45 yet?
DimeBox17
AG
When did you pay?
Dr. Faustus
AG
Like 8/19 or thereabouts. It was the first day I was given the option to pay. Reserved in July.
Post removed:
by user
water turkey
My wayward cooler has been found and delivered. The RTIC people contacted UPS. It was still at the UPS warehouse, even though it was scanned as delivered.

Not sure why, but I got it.
bam02
AG
Glad to hear you finally got it.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
My wayward cooler has been found and delivered. The RTIC people contacted UPS. It was still at the UPS warehouse, even though it was scanned as delivered.

Not sure why, but I got it.

Wonder if the UPS guy ordered one and was pissed his hadn't come in yet, so he decided to steal yours.
E
AG
Placed my order for a tumbler! Let's see if I get it by early January...
snave
AG
quote:
Placed my order for a tumbler! Let's see if I get it by early January...

Early January 2017 seems like a more reasonable guess
Post removed:
by user
JPRowdy 93
AG
I reserved a tan 20 Quart on 8/12 and confirmed / paid for it on 8/18. I was notified on 11/17 that it would be shipping soon, and that it actually shipped on 11/25. It was delivered on 12/1.

I know the Thanksgiving holiday may have impacted the shipping but I think there are a couple of interesting points. The website claims "free two day shipping" but this only applies to in stock items. It seems a little strange that they would take advantage of saving a few bucks on standard UPS ground shipping which took 6 days including the holiday and the weekend when the customer has been waiting for over 3 months for the shipment. Also, I live in Bakersfield, CA. They claim to have distribution from Fresno, CA but this order shipped from Houston, TX. I suppose they don't have enough stock to actually begin shipping from their distribution centers but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I do think the RTIC cooler seems to be of good quality. I have a white Yeti 65 that I received as a gift. The quality seems comparable. The packaging was nice. The box was labeled RTIC on the exterior which perhaps isn't great if it's left on your front porch but is good for their marketing. The cooler itself was inside of a plastic bag with a warning label about suffocation. No other literature was included unless it was under the plastic bag and I missed it. Honestly, I didn't go over the Yeti with a fine toothed comb when I received it, but I did look over the RTIC and noticed a few things. 1. There seems to be a bit of a "swirl" in the tan color on one of the surfaces. It's likely just some white plastic that was mixed with the tan or left in the mold as they changed colors. I am sure it is strictly cosmetic. 2. On the back of the lid there are a couple of rough spots or "burs" in the plastic which are once again just cosmetic. 3. Lastly, I noticed some dark spots on the threads of the drain plug (on the tan cooler portion rather than the plug itself). This may just be some residue from the manufacturing process and will probably clean up with some soap and water. I don't think any of these issues would stop me from buying another RTIC cooler (once they get them in stock and I can receive it within a few days) but I thought I would point them out for others that are waiting on their order.

I am thinking that the larger coolers may be a better value in terms of $/Qt. The 20 is pretty heavy and not too large but it does fit behind the center console / in front of the back seat of my F-150 crew cab which should make it handy for road trips.

JP
Post removed:
by user
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Me too. I wish I would have ordered white. Seems like those that ordered at the same time as me already received them.

Apparently the Chinese have yet to perfect the process of making tan resin.
aggielostinETX
AG
I would bet the cost saving is coming from boating these bad boys over across the Pacific. That takes some time.
Texan76
I ordered the tan big one a couple months ago. Was supposed to be delivered in December or January. Now they are saying March. Not in a big rush, but this is annoying.
JYDog90
AG
I cancelled and got my money back in early October. Glad I did.
Post removed:
by user
fwag04
AG
Looks like they're going to make 20 oz tumblers. I have a 30 already, will probably pick up a couple 20s when they become available
Towns03
AG
Order Today, Delivers By 04/18/2016

aggieforester05
AG
I got my shipping notice today and a subsequent email from UPS stating that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Once again, much better news than my coolest cooler, which is looking more and more like it will never come. It looks like they are out of money and have only shipped 35K of the 62K that were backed on kickstarter.
cheeky
AG
quote:
I got my shipping notice today and a subsequent email from UPS stating that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Once again, much better news than my coolest cooler, which is looking more and more like it will never come. It looks like they are out of money and have only shipped 35K of the 62K that were backed on kickstarter.
ditto...and coincidentally after I went on their website this morning and live chatted with someone who told me that my updated expected ship date was January 1st. I'll believe when I see it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I would be in that market share...i dont buy Yetis because they hold ice longer...I buy them because they will last longer. Its a cooler I can use for a very long time. I was talking to a marine the other day and he said that in Iraq he watched a Yeti get hit by a IED and the Yeti sustained no damage. By the way I just reserved one of the RTICs.

For ****s sake
texags08
AG
quote:

Size, color, pay date??
aggieforester05
AG
I said earlier in the thread, but white 20qt, ordered on 8/20

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.