Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,690 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
GigemCO2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I got my third 65 yesterday, ordered early March.

They said my soft sided coolers will ship in next ten days when I called them yesterday.
Hoyt Ag,

Did you get your SoftSide Cooler Yet, or was there another delay?

I had started another thread, but I am just very curious as to whether or not the RTIC SoftPak perform well.

Thanks
Hoyt Ag
AG
Not yet. Not in a huge rush for them but my new ship date says June 3.
GigemCO2008
AG
Thanks

Depending on how reviews come out, I may cancel my order, or just join the long list of customers waiting for RTIC's products, with delays that just don't seem to end.
MrJonMan
AG
Bastrop Bucees didn't have any coolers this past weekend, but every end cap by the cashiers was only RTIC cups and koozies.....wonder how they got them to move the Yeti stuff
bmc13
AG
stopped by the temple one yesterday...saw a bunch of all sizes of the cups/koozies but no coolers.
idAg09
Anyone buy and try the ozarka trail version Walmart sells? I saw their 50 qt in store and thought it would be good for $150 if it works. Handles & lid latches sucked and the molding looked a little cheap, but drain plug & hinges looked good.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Just got an email my orders all shipped.
Black Knight
Also got an email this evening that my soft sided 20 qt shipped. I am close enough that the origin scan and destination scan are the same time when they hit the local UPS station.

Now just waiting for the two growlers that I ordered a couple weeks ago.
montanagriz
S
Ordered tan 65 April 7th...expected ship date 5/31....contacted them and now expected ship date June 17th. So we will see
AgsMnn
AG
quote:
Bastrop Bucees didn't have any coolers this past weekend, but every end cap by the cashiers was only RTIC cups and koozies.....wonder how they got them to move the Yeti stuff

Saw the Luling one was solid RTIC stuff. Bought a couple cups.
Dynomite Dolemite
quote:
I suspect this little company will fail. I understand some people are very practical and will only pay for what for what they get, but Yeti has created a brand that is worth millions and people buy it because of it. The debate will always be those who think you shouldn't pay more than $50 for an Igloo that works as well as a $400 Yeti, but there is little market space for someone who wants to pay $200 to be like the $400 Yeti. The market is getting flooded with cheap knockoffs, but these RTIC coolers fail to attempt to be uniquely their own. I mean they appear to use the same molds, hinges, drain plugs, etc. as Yeti. This is all good, but you can't claim to be both cheaper and better. If the market strategy is to eliminate marketing costs and just sell a cheap knockoff that's fine, but understand most Yeti sales are to folks who use it recreationally and buy it because of the brand. If you want to see how cheap knockoffs fare, look no further than JC Penny's failed attempt to knock off Polo shirts with their Knights of the Round Table. It was the identical logo as Polo except instead of a polo mallet, the rider had a joust.
Does anyone even rememebr KotRT? Is Polo still in business? Did we have the same arguments back then about the need to own a $20 shirt with a $50 logo? I'm sure Polo and Yeti will both tell you there are enough people who will pay for the brand.

Good call. Have any stock tips for us?
Post removed:
by user
bigbass1170
AG
They have extra plugs on their website for $5
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
They have extra plugs on their website for $5
You might be able to use it again by football season
bigboykin
AG
I broke down and grabbed the 73qt the other day. I probably wouldn't have, except I had a couple gift cards from returning unwanted gifts burning a hole in my pocket. I only paid $130 out of pocket. IMO, that's closer to where the price point ought to be. Otherwise it's too close to RTIC, which looks like a better product overall.

I haven't had a chance to really get it out, but I rested a pork butt in it this weekend and that sucker was piping hot hours later. You're definitely right on the latches. They seal fine, but my concern is for longevity with an extra part to break in the little plastic peg and a hole in the rubber latch weakening it overall. The handles seems pretty sturdy to me, though the braided nylon line that Yeti uses certainly would hold up better than the nylon webbing OT uses. Not a huge concern for me because it has molded handles too, and I'm not sure how often I'll actually use the extended ones.

Drains are good quality, and I like the double plug system and ability to drain fast or slow or hook up to a standard hose for directed draining. I like the cup holders on the lid, and the fish ruler is a nice touch as well.

The molding on mine looks fine. But I did in-store pick up and just grabbed mine from the front. I didn't inspect any of the others on the shelf, but I have heard talk about QC issues regarding this. The hinges seem really solid, and mine sealed perfectly. I'd also heard of bad sealing or the seal not closing the loop - not a problem in the one I got. I also heard somebody say the lids felt cheap or flimsy... compared to what? A solid maple slab? I'm 220 and I got on top of the thing and jumped up and down with no noticeable movement. The whole thing feels solid, and I have no reason to believe it won't hold ice just as well as comparable coolers.

All-in-all I think it's a decent buy, but again they may be missing the price point sweet spot a bit. If you compare the comparable size classes between OT/RTIC you're only saving 23, 16, and 3% for the S,M,L respectively. Maybe worth it at the S end, but definitely not at L. Now all the OTs are slightly bigger than the RTIC counterparts (e.g. 26qt vs. 20 qt for the S), so if you scale the savings to include additional size, you get something like 40, 27, and 14%. Doesn't change things much for me - still seems like good deal if you're looking for roadie type and maybe not worth it for a larger boat/truck cooler. Unless you need one now, that is. OT seems to be in stock many places and RTIC delivery still up in the air.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Picked up a rtic can today at buccees and it doesnt fit my cans...wtf?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Did you unscrew the top (black rubber part) before putting the can in?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Thats why i ask these questions!
bigbass1170
Agman
AG
Got my soft side this week. Passes the eyeball test and I like the squared off top. Will put to use this weekend and report back.
plowboy1065
S
Been looking at those. Give us a report
Cowboy1990
quote:
quote:

Saw the Luling one was solid RTIC stuff. Bought a couple cups.

A month ago Temple was fully stocked with RTIC
montanagriz
S
Mine delayed for 3rd time to July 5th ship... (yeah right)
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What was your order?
montanagriz
S
65 qt tan
mwcbjs
I had a 65qt tan also ordered that was suppose to ship on June 1 and after not receiving anything as to the status , I cancelled my order the 6th of June as i was planning on using it during a camping trip.
texags08
AG
quote:
I had a 65qt tan also ordered that was suppose to ship on June 1 and after not receiving anything as to the status , I cancelled my order the 6th of June as i was planning on using it during a camping trip.

So they are still way behind. Seems like I ordered mine about a year ago and have only had it 3-4 months.
bigbass1170
AG
I think they're only really behind on tan. 65 white came in just under a month after ordering.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
quote:
I think they're only really behind on tan. 65 white came in just under a month after ordering.

I concur. I got my tan about two months after all the people on Texags got their white ones.
lctag
AG
How long ago did you order the soft side? I didn't see that in a previous post - sorry if I missed it. Thinking of ordering one and curious if it would arrive before the end of summer.
Agman
AG
March 14
lctag
AG
Thanks.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Do the rtic apill proof lids fit a yeti? I would assume so but just wanted to check
Post removed:
by user
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I just took the plunge and placed an order on a tan 65. Says it should ship at the end of August. As long as i get it before bow season im good to go!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.