Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,613 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not impressed with delivery or build quality after reading

Compared to my yeti, they absolutely worth more than half the cost.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Not impressed with delivery or build quality after reading

So a straight sticker and a well sanded area around the drain plug is worth an extra $200? That's pretty much the main two complaints I've seen in this thread.

I'll give you the delivery part, but as soon as they improve their logistics to not a three month wait, I'm all over this and grabbing a 65 qt.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yea 5 month delivery is pretty unacceptable. Especially for an ice chest.
Post removed:
by user
Ramrod
AG
quote:
owner said wait times should be significantly cut down come march

Did you happen to talk to him about if they plan to offer any other sizes besides the 20, 45, and 65?
Post removed:
by user
montanagriz
S
Has there been any mention of blue or green colors coming?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Finally got my tan 65 in. This thing is really well built and I have zero complaints. I would never buy a yeti after seeing this thing.

Still not happy it took a long time to deliver, but once that is resolved this company is going places. Their customer service was excellent the last month and a half and had several personal calls to update me on the status. Very happy!!!
htxag09
AG
I'm not saying they are inferior, hell they may truly be superior for all I know. But howw is everyone on this thread saying they are just as good or better than yeti once they receive them?
Ramrod
AG
Has anyone seen, or done, a review about how these and their components hold up to heavy use? Not just "I took it to my buddy's house Friday night and still had ice Sunday afternoon" reviews, but actually giving one of these things a good beating and seeing hold it holds up.
Dr. Faustus
AG
I've had my tan 65 qt for a little while now. Besides the wait time on delivery, I have zero complaints. Got to do a side-by-side comparison with a Yeti 65 this weekend, and they are 99.9% identical, even down to the font used and letter placement on the cooler. It sure looks like the Chinese kept the Yeti molds and sold them to RTIC and others when Yeti moved production to the US. Literally the only differences I can find is that the finish isn't quite what the Yeti's is with regards to visible seams where the mold was pulled apart, and the rope used for the handles seems to be a bit inferior. Other than that, they're identical. Performance-wise, I haven't stretched the time limits on the ice holding capability yet, but everything I've seen suggests that it is as good as a Yeti. I let it go a little over 48 hrs with leftover beer and ice from a party, and there was minimal ice loss. I also had two quartered does in it for a little over 24 hrs with zero ice loss. I will absolutely be buying another one when they come out with a larger size.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
quote:
I'm not saying they are inferior, hell they may truly be superior for all I know. But howw is everyone on this thread saying they are just as good or better than yeti once they receive them?

Buy comparing it side by side with a tan 65 qt yeti on a duck hunting trip. They both performed identically with basically the same content, 20lbs ice and beer. Plus the actual appearance and quality looks identical.
BrazosDog02
AG
Pretty sure at this point in the game that everyone has successfully mastered the wheel. Now its just a matter of who can make it cheapest. They are all round, kids. You can buy a 30oz RTIC tumbler for 20 bucks......
aggielostinETX
AG
You can buy 20 of them for $16/per.

texags08
AG
Almost 48 hours later...

Did not pre-cool
20 lbs of ice
48 Millers (not cold from store)
open and close a lot

CrossBowAg99
AG
I got a rtic 30 tumbler last week. It is a little lighter than a Yeti 30 and the bottom of the rtic is a little larger diameter.

I did an ice water test and they performed the same.
MrJonMan
AG
Just left their office, needed to pick up another 30oz Tumbler for a gift

Saw all the new products they have coming.....including 3 sizes of soft sided, leak proof coolers.

The big plus I saw besides cost, is they've made them so the entire top opens, rather that just a slit down the middle. Much easier to access.
JYDog90
AG
How long til they actually have ice chest inventory to sell?
Caliber
AG
RTIC Softside cooler picture.... I'll need to see more before I decide on them...

RK
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
look for Yeti to start having sales.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
RTIC Softside cooler picture.... I'll need to see more before I decide on them...

I laid hands on them and considering the large price difference, was impressed.

RK.....I was wondering if you would say something about me being at their warehouse
MrJonMan
AG
Also he said they're changing the color scheme a little on the soft sided, those are just the prototypes.
RK
AG
ha, I missed that.

I was going to comment on the benefit, for me, of a softside cooler is that you can contort and squeeze into odd places whereas that one looks like its fairly rigid-ish [?]. I do agree with you, though, those gotta be way easier to get stuff in and out than the hopper.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
ha, I missed that.

I was going to comment on the benefit, for me, of a softside cooler is that you can contort and squeeze into odd places whereas that one looks like its fairly rigid-ish [?]. I do agree with you, though, those gotta be way easier to get stuff in and out than the hopper.

I can understand that
aggielostinETX
AG
Saw they are launching Koozies, 10oz, 20oz and handles as well...
texags08
AG
Would have to go with a Hopper on this one. The whole point (for me) to the softside cooler is the ability to sling it over your shoulder and not have it stick out.

My personal preference for softside is Polar Bear, the backpack is awesome. I have carried both a hopper and a PB backpack, though own neither.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Love my Yeti Hopper, although I don't recommend trying to tailgate hop on Saturdays with it.
redag06
MrJon,
Do they have the prototype at their facility in Houston? I'm interested in buying these as a gift at work, but would want to see one in person first.
texags08
AG
70 hours and counting.

MrJonMan
AG
quote:
MrJon,
Do they have the prototype at their facility in Houston? I'm interested in buying these as a gift at work, but would want to see one in person first.

Yes, they've got all of their products to see, including all prototypes
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
Maroonedinaustin
AG
quote:
70 hours and counting.

http://i.imgur.com/ejSuCM7.jpg

My question is why the hell is there still beer in there 3 days later?
Sean98
AG
Because it's Miller Lite
MrJonMan
AG
Looks like they sponsor a NASCAR driver now, Cole Whitt

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.