Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,627 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
jaggiemaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Ordered 2 tumblers TEN days ago and still haven't recieved them. Not going to be shipped out from Cypress TO Houston until the 29th.

I was planning on ordering a couple of coolers but now I'm having second thoughts
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Side note, they do read this thread fairly often.
If you sleep with the RTIC guys do you get free coolers?
Post removed:
by user
MrJonMan
AG
Damn, you've one upped me....they've never told me that.
Black Knight
After lurking on this thread for several months, I had a lunch appointment cancel and decided to drive out to the warehouse today. I have had a cooler on order from them for a couple months and am still awaiting delivery; but I was also interested in the soft sided coolers that they have been teasing on facebook for the last several weeks. They said that they should be up on the website for pre-order in the next couple days, along with some other new accessories-baskets and what not. I picked up a 20 and 30oz tumbler while I was there to make it worth the drive.

The guys had filled a 20qt and 30qt soft sided cooler with ice on Monday and they still had ice remaining today, late day Friday. Here is a pic - hope this works.
http://i.imgur.com/ZdS30sY.png
Apparently I can't post pics-can anyone help?
fwag04
AG
cwc07
AG
Not sure if this has been discussed already, but what do ya'll use to secure (lock) the coolers in the back of your trucks? I know Yeti has their locking brackets that slide into the cooler, but what about Rtics?
AlaskanAg08
AG
They seem to be using the "delayed at the port" excuse for everyone. I got on the web chat earlier and the person said that they have a shipment delayed at the port and that they hope to get it on Monday and have my order shipped out sometime next week.

I ordered a 65 in October and was supposed to have the cooler last week according to the order status.
MrJonMan
AG
I went to buy the Yeti/master lock combo that they sell, but it was $49.99. Just the exact same cable lock was $19.99. Didn't feel like the metal bar that said yeti on it was worth $30. So I ordered one off amazon for $8.
bam02
AG
Yep I ordered one off amazon, too. Just use a cable and padlock.
tlh3842
AG
Which bar did you order from Amazon?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Thought it was pretty interesting that the bucees in waller had YETI clotsers or whatever they're called but RTIC tumblers
montanagriz
S
Rtic guys if you do read this thread.... can we hear if the blue and green colors are still in the plans and a estimated reease date if they are? I'm waiting on a green cooler that was shown in July to be in production. If not ever going to happen I would like to know so I can get in line for a white one
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bucees had yeti this.

But RTIC this

MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Which bar did you order from Amazon?

Just search "cooler lock". The first one that pops up is what I ordered, from Siberian Coolers. Looks like it went up a couple bucks.
Sean98
AG
quote:
Bucees had...

But RTIC this

Am I seeing that wrong or does that lid read Yeti, while being surrounded by RTIC boxes?
tlh3842
AG
I stopped by on Friday a little before noon. It took some time to find where they are located, and when I walked up and tried to open the door it was locked. Before I got to my truck a lady opened up and was super friendly. She asked what can I do for you and I said I wanted to come by and take a look, at which point one of the owners (can't remember his name, I'm horrible with names) came out and said are you from TexasAgs. Haha. Met both owners, and they all seemed to be really nice guys. The coolers seem to be of nice quality.

They mentioned that the first week or so of April they're planning on having inventory caught up and have inventory at their store, at which time should be set up as a small retail place. They should have all hard cooler sizes in both colors, and soft sides there as well. One of them hinted at a blue cooler down the road, but no mention of green or of any real timeline. He did mention trying to roll out with a 110 variant cooler for the start of/for hunting season.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yeah that's odd. I didn't see that on my phone this morning
agfan2013
AG
quote:
They mentioned that the first week or so of April they're planning on having inventory caught up and have inventory at their store, at which time should be set up as a small retail place. They should have all hard cooler sizes in both colors, and soft sides there as well.

Interesting, hopefully that's the case as I went ahead and ordered a tan 65 back in February that has a delivery date of June, but I was definitely hoping they would improve their logistics side before then and I'd get it sooner.
tlh3842
AG
I'd thought about that when they gave the time line of the first of April because I've heard of some people's wait times being past April. I didn't push them too hard so I can't say for sure, but it sounds like they have more production facilities now (4 total as opposed to only 1 for most of the time they've been operational) so hopefully everything gets sped up. Ive been debating on ordering online, but after talking to them Friday I'm hoping for the best and just going to wait till April or so. Let's hope for the best.
aggielostinETX
AG

Frustrating

Finn Maccumhail
AG
For those of y'all who have the Rtic coolers, especially the 65- would you think it would be of the same weight-bearing capabilities as the Yeti so as to pull double duty as a casting platform?
suburban cowboy
AG
Nothing like a 24 page thread on ice chests
HumbleAg04
AG
quote:

Frustrating

Guess I jumped on the correct Yeti knock-off when I ordered my 75qt maroon Kuer on 12/30 and got it in my hands on 3/3.
cwc07
AG
I have the 45, and it seems to be as sturdy if not more than the yeti 45. I weigh about 210 and have not seen any issues with it.
DimeBox17
AG
Nothin like waiting months for your RTIC 65 just to get it stolen off of your back patio.
LCE
AG
wife picked up an ORCA 30oz or so tumbler few weeks ago...works as good or better than my Yeti.

never heard of them before.
Caliber
AG
quote:
wife picked up an ORCA 30oz or so tumbler few weeks ago...works as good or better than my Yeti.

never heard of them before.
I can see giving those as a gift to ladies not going over too well...
tamu2009
AG
quote:

Frustrating

Thats got to be a mistake. I just bought 5 off the shelf at Bucees in Terrel.
aggielostinETX
AG
It showed up about a week late
Zemira
AG
So I tend to lurk on Outdoors as I am not very outdoorsy but I finally read all 24 pages on ice chests!

So my question is are the soft sides available yet? Has their shipping improved? Or is retail available at the headquarters?
Black Knight
The soft sided coolers are available for order on the website but the lead time has not improved from the previous releases. I ordered a 20 qt last week (I think the first day that they were available) and the expected ship date is mid May.
OregonAggie
AG
Can you buy the coolers anywhere? If not I'll just order one online and deal with the wait. Can't wait to talk smack to my buddies about their overpriced coolers.
Credible Source
AG
quote:
So I tend to lurk on Outdoors as I am not very outdoorsy but I finally read all 24 pages on ice chests!

So my question is are the soft sides available yet? Has their shipping improved? Or is retail available at the headquarters?

I'm not sure but I just received an RFP for the shiny new retail center in downtown Austin. So, soon enough.

Edit- I'm drunk. It's a Yeti retail facility.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.