Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,661 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only took you FIVE ****ING MONTHS to notice that?

For ****'s sake.
MrJonMan
AG
Got an email yesterday saying my white 20qt has shipped, so I should have it today or tomorrow as long as no one snatches it off my porch.

My buddy went by their warehouse Monday and talked with the owners and bought 16 of their tumblers......1 being for me, need to pick it up from him.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
I said earlier in the thread, but white 20qt, ordered on 8/20
where did you get the kickstarter info?
KALALL
AG
I put 20 pounds of ice in my RTIC 45 on Friday evening and of this morning there's still a good deal of ice in it. I haven't opened it a ton, but it has been opened off and on to grab drinks.
water turkey
On my 20 qt, it seems like the rubber "fasteners" are a little too long. On the Yeti's, you have to pull those pretty hard to get them into their slot. On the RTIC, it just slips in. The seal will not be as good as the Yeti.
bmc13
AG
quote:
On my 20 qt, it seems like the rubber "fasteners" are a little too long. On the Yeti's, you have to pull those pretty hard to get them into their slot. On the RTIC, it just slips in. The seal will not be as good as the Yeti.

i noticed the same thing on mine. i wish the pulls were a few hairs shorter
aggieforester05
AG
That's the talk on the comments section of the kickstarter page.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Link???
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Link???

This, I couldn't find it
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
Link???

This, I couldn't find it
I think he is talking about the Coolest Cooler, not RTIC.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Link???

This, I couldn't find it
I think he is talking about the Coolest Cooler, not RTIC.
AHHH... i thought coolest cooler was a euphemism(get a dictionary boys) for RTIC
aggieforester05
AG
Sorry, I didn't know there was a kickstarter for RTIC.

Update on my RTIC: The shipping estimate was wrong, they rescheduled for Thursday. It's in UPS's hands though, so that's a good sign. I'm hoping it gets here Thursday as I'm headed to southwest Texas Friday morning for a hunting trip.
cheeky
AG
quote:
quote:

I preoredered a 65 white on 7/5 and paid 8/18
was told today that I wont get it until 11/13
I agree seems pretty random on shipping

I preordered a 65 white on 7/4 and paid 8/19. I called today to update my shipping address and was told that I am scheduled for 11/14.
UPS shows it on the truck for delivery today.
reagan1k
I just got (3) 65's that UPS dropped off.

Look good. Not sure what I'm going to do with them but they are here.
aggielostinETX
AG
I'll buy one from ya if mine gets delayed again
reagan1k
Twice the ice / half 90% of the price......
bam02
AG
quote:
Twice the ice / half 90% of the price......

I don't think any of this is true.
reagan1k
was a joke abut Deats wanting to buy one for me and me marking it up ....play on words with their slogan.....has nothing to do with their claims
aggieforester05
AG
Got mine this afternoon. The RTIC graphic is crooked and there was no drain plug, but otherwise it's a nice unit.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What size? Do all models have the drain plug?
powerbelly
AG
Plug is missing or no hole?
aggieforester05
AG
It's a 20 Qt and yes the plug is missing. I tested the plug from my Yeti and it fit perfectly, but I'm using it on my hunting trip too, so not real helpful. There was nothing in the box, but the cooler and packing. Not even a packing slip.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
It's a 20 Qt and yes the plug is missing. I tested the plug from my Yeti and it fit perfectly, but I'm using it on my hunting trip too, so not real helpful. There was nothing in the box, but the cooler and packing. Not even a packing slip.

Mine was delivered today as well. I haven't opened it, but I did notice a "packing slip" on the side of the box.
bam02
AG
quote:
was a joke abut Deats wanting to buy one for me and me marking it up ....play on words with their slogan.....has nothing to do with their claims

Ah. Nevermind.
MrJonMan
AG
My RTIC graphic is slightly crooked as well but everything else is perfect about the cooler. Looks like someone got in a rush on the manufacturing side.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
My RTIC graphic is crooked as well
It is a design feature
MrJonMan
AG
quote:

Interesting, both my 20 & 45qt seem to be nice & snug. They are loose where they actually attach to the lid but fit fairly snug when I actually attach (latch) them
aggieforester05
AG
Mine are snug on my 20 as well.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Got mine this afternoon. The RTIC graphic is crooked and there was no drain plug, but otherwise it's a nice unit.

Just left their warehouse, the graphic is a sticker & they actually had 2 on hand, so the owner peeled it off & put a new one on for me. I mentioned your drain plug & he said to please contact them & they will get a plug shipped out to you ASAP.

Great customer service for sure.

They also had tumblers on hand if you want to purchase one.
MrJonMan
AG
Oh and he said one of the big problems with shipping delays is that an entire container was stuck in customs in LA & just finally was cleared. Said they actually received the container that was shipped after it already.

But they're loading up the UPS trailers as fast as they can

Rexter
quote:
quote:

Just left their warehouse, the graphic is a sticker & they actually had 2 on hand, so the owner peeled it off & put a new one on for me. I mentioned your drain plug & he said to please contact them & they will get a plug shipped out to you ASAP.

Great customer service for sure.

They also had tumblers on hand if you want to purchase one.

I ordered 2 tumblers on 12-4 and it shows they are back-ordered with 01-04-2016 shipping?
MrJonMan
AG
I believe they originally said limited online release and limited available for in store purchase

I know a friend tried to order them as coworker Xmas gifts & it said back ordered, so he just went by on Monday and bought them on site.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Got my email today! Finally.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Preordered in July. Paid August 18th.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.