Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,599 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
TXAGFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope they include these last few posts on their site.
Chip Douglas
Just picked up a 30 at Bucces in Waller. They had about twenty 30's left and fifteen or so 20's. Checker told me the same thing about them flying off the shelves.
dsvogel05
AG
Got my 30 soft side from the Bucees in Temple. Construction seems solid.
bmc13
AG
just went by the temple one. saw a few 20s

Bert315
AG
Yea so they technically do retail if Buccees has them. No way Buccees is buying for same price they are selling. Really makes me mad if Buccees is bulk buying and it effects those of us buying singles. Had I known I wouldn't have bought online and just found a Buccees with one. Very disappointed in how they do things. I have a couple tumblers and dad has one of the coolers. Great products but customer service and business plan leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Can you swing into their office for warranty stuff? I have a 45 and the lid doesn't seal. I have tried calling and emailing and can't seem to get a response.

Yes, just go by and they should take care of you. When I was there last week, a guy brought in a 20qt that had something wrong and they swapped it
bmc13
AG
damn. wish they were in dallas. never have felt that mine seals very well.
TXAGFAN
AG
Anyone know what the stock looks like in Madisonville?
tlh3842
AG
Anyone found 40s at a bucees yet? I bought a 30 a few days ago, but I'm thinking the 30 may be a bit too small.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Anyone found 40s at a bucees yet? I bought a 30 a few days ago, but I'm thinking the 30 may be a bit too small.

There were 40s in Wharton on Wednesday afternoon.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
quote:

There were 40s in Wharton on Wednesday afternoon.

Still two 40's left around 7pm today when we passed through on our way to Port O'Connor.

I picked up a 30. They only have about 5 of the 20 & 30's
TXAGFAN
AG
I got a 30 in Madisonville. No 40's, but I think would be too big.
MrJonMan
AG
I really wanted the 40, but decided against it Bc I agree, just seemed too big. Plus I've already got their 45qt regular cooler
AgKSig
my Rtic experience this week.
Headed to Pt.Bolivar this weekend. Luling Buc-ees were putting out the soft side coolers when we went in. I thought about pulling the trigger but still wanted a hard side. While i was standing there, 4 were picked up and bought instantly. I went by the warehouse and a lady Bethany I believe let me in. Very nice and people were milling about. I was looking for the scratch and dent hopefully for a 45 but the only had 3 Roadies (2 green and a white). Not wanting to leave empty handed I grabbed a green 20. I had my yeti 20 in the car also. my findings as far as comparison: Rtic is a little bigger so you have some more space inside it and they hold ice essentially equally on time. very happy with my $100 20qt. Unfortunately I don't live close enough to check back and get a bigger one from the warehouse.
As far as scratch and dent is concerned, there may have been a couple knicks but it isn't anything that wouldn't happen with daily use.

as an FYI, if you are having trouble finding the storefront, just look for all the cars with RTIC stickers on them. you can't miss them.
F.L.A.
AG
Anyone know if the Temple Bucees has any Softpak 20s left? The website does not have a phone number to call and check.
CTGilley
AG
Anyone had any luck with the soft sides? My 30 will not keep ice a full day even if it is not opened. Defective?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Anyone had any luck with the soft sides? My 30 will not keep ice a full day even if it is not opened. Defective?
Interesting. I was going to try to pick one up the next time I saw them. Curious to hear others experiences.
AgEng06
AG
Also, as an update...

My tan 65 is "scheduled" for shipping on 8/27 (as it was when I ordered). I asked yesterday if that date was still valid and was told it could ship 10 days later. I asked if I could expect it to ship 10 days after 8/27 and was told... "It COULD ship then, I do not know".
water turkey
I've got one of the little ones in tan that I've used twice. I'll sell it for $100.

In the Woodlands.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Mine is holding up well, but it isnt anything to write home about as far as how it keeps things cold. I have to refill it with Ice each day. I have a Yeti soft side that does about the same, but I like the RTIC design better. My go to cooler for riding around our land is my RTIC 20
Bregxit
AG
quote:
My 30 has kept ice for about 36 hours.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
If someone spots one in a buccees please continue posting on here.

Really looking for a roadie cooler before teal season.
Xenu
Same. If you see a soft side RTIC cooler at Buccees in Fort Worth, please let us know.
ItsA&InotA&M
quote:
quote:
Any other reviews?

I would like for if to keep ice in the Texas summer heat for at least 24 hours with frequent open and closing for 12 hours.

Also, for the 20 and 30, are they large enough to store the 20/30 drinks and still have mucho room for mucho ice?

Thanks
Hoyt Ag
AG
I would get a 20 versus a soft side in that case. I can put an 18pack in my 20 and not even think about Ice for 2 days.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Any other reviews?

I would like for if to keep ice in the Texas summer heat for at least 24 hours with frequent open and closing for 12 hours.

Also, for the 20 and 30, are they large enough to store the 20/30 drinks and still have mucho room for mucho ice?

Thanks
The 30 claims to hold 30 lbs of ice. I couldn't fit all of a 20 lb bag in mine, though it was the crappy Ready Ice. Maybe the better ringed ice would fit.

I don't remember how many drinks I had in mine but the 36 hour period included hanging out on Padre Island when it was 102 outside for most of the day being opened and closed for beverage retrieval. Once the ice melted I just drained some of the water off and the remainder kept what was left of the beer cold for another day or so.
third
AG
Thought this was pretty interesting regarding how well these cups work.

CTGilley
AG
I am sending mine back. I may have kept a 20. The 30 was too big for my original intentions. If some one really wants it speak up I used it for about a week but I wont offer much of a discount since they will give me a full refund.
WLW12SPJ
AG
Does anyone know if the Bastrop Bucee's has the 65's in yet? I stopped by there over a week ago, but they had already sold out. They told they were ordering more, but they didn't know when they would arrive. It seems you can't call a Bucee's direct and I really don't want to have to go out of my way every other day to check. I'd rather have someone else do it. ;-)

TIA
KT 90
AG
quote:

Seems like a more realistic "test" would be to put them in the oven at 125 or maybe 150. Stuff that melts at extreme temps like 325 isn't really relevant. If it's 325 degrees outside, my butt better be parked inside with the AC going

bmc13
AG
quote:
quote:

Seems like a more realistic "test" would be to put them in the oven at 125 or maybe 150. Stuff that melts at extreme temps like 325 isn't really relevant. If it's 325 degrees outside, my butt better be parked inside with the AC going

this. and it looked like the yeti lid had changed in the heat as well, just not quite as much as the rtic
Leeman
What a moronic test.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
What a moronic test.
exactly... of course a plastic lid is gonna droop at 325*....
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I'm taking my kids camping in September and decided that I didn't want to drive into town every day for ice so I thought I'd order a 65 qt RTIC.

Current orders are shipping in October.

Has anyone seen 65qt RTIC Coolers anywhere near Austin?
agfan2013
AG
To the best of my knowledge, the hard sided coolers aren't available anywhere except online. You can only get the cups and soft side coolers from places like buc ee's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.