Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,616 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Why don't they make a yeti or rtic with wheels?
not sure. K2 makes one

K2 Cooler
ursusguy
AG
It's all part of the Yeti bro workout.
Sewell
AG
Update posted on the RTIC website.

quote:
Update August 10, 2015

Shipping & Production Update
We are excited to announce the demand for the RTIC Coolers has been very strong and reflects the consumers' desire for a reasonably priced rotomolded cooler. Due to this demand, our initial production is sold out. We estimate new customers that do not have a prior reservation will receive their coolers within 60-90 days from the date of placing their pre-order deposit. We are quickly increasing our production capabilities to meet the overwhelming demand.

Customer's with Prior Reservations
Customers that have a reservation dated in July 2015 will be contacted via email within the next 20 days notifying them of their estimated date of shipment and will be asked to return to our website to complete the pre-order deposit process. Pre-orders will be fulfilled based on the order in which they are received. We expect all pre-orders with a July reservation to be shipped within 30-60 days from the date of completing the pre-order deposit.

All other customers can expect to receive their coolers within 60-90 days from the date of completing the pre-order deposit.

tclub
myself and 4 other coworkers reserved ours today. All different sizes between the 5 of us, but sounds like it might be a few months before we see them. I'm interested to hear real peoples reviews of them once they start getting shipped.
Cowboy1990
Anyone make a cooler with rubber tires instead of those crapy plastic ones???
lawless89
Yeah igloo has a wheel kit that attaches to your cooler and has rubber wheels.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
quote:

So does Yeti.
MrJonMan
AG
Their "showroom " is open now, I'm going to try and swing by today & see if I can lay eyes/hands on them
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
quote:

So does Yeti.

Yeti doesn't have a wheel kit, it's a totally different company. My buddy just bought them for his. $160/set.......which is front or back only.

So you can get a $300 cooler (45qt) then for an additional $320 you can have wheels on it.
Bert315
AG
quote:
Their "showroom " is open now, I'm going to try and swing by today & see if I can lay eyes/hands on them

Let us know what you think. Interested to hear if they are of the same quality.
cevans_40
AG
Anyone gotten notice of shipment yet?
MrJonMan
AG
Stopped by about 1:30 today.

Short version, Yeti better watch out!

Longer version....

Coolers are VERY nice and comparable, if not better than a Yeti. They're larger (true to size), slightly thicker & well thought out....especially liked that they're is a little groove on the lip of the lid for your fingers to easily grasp it when breaking the air tight seal.

I met both the owners & you can tell they're passionate about releasing the best cooler they can. Said it's taken over a year to get to this point, so definitely not something they're just throwing together over night.

And other questions, just feel free to ask, but I can guarantee you, I'm a customer.

Little display to show the size comparison, copped the owners out

tclub
Thanks for the info and pics! Where's the showroom? Can anyone go and check it out?
AgEng06
AG
So, honest question, how are they actually able to sell these for 1/2 the price? Is the markup on a YETI that large?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
So, honest question, how are they actually able to sell these for 1/2 the price? Is the markup on a YETI that large?
Yeti wholesale price is about 20% more. Smaller staff and such, yeah, definitely feasible. Not a longterm play for them, I'm sure but definitely a way to start off.
AgEng06
AG
So the wholesale price is about 20% more than production costs? And then regular sales price is 80% more than that?
MrJonMan
AG
Yes and they welcome it
MrJonMan
AG
They don't have near the over head & direct to consumer.....they're prices are cheaper than Yeti dealer's pay
AgEng06
AG
I see.

Better yet... what does it actually cost to produce one of these coolers?
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Thanks for the info and pics! Where's the showroom? Can anyone go and check it out?

Sorry, missed a question.

They're located in Houston/Cypress, in a temporary location until new facility is ready.

Currently at 20220 Hempstead Rd suite 22.

powerbelly
AG
What is the status of the lawsuit with Yeti?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
So the wholesale price is about 20% more than production costs? And then regular sales price is 80% more than that?
No, yeti wholesale price is 20% more than rtic's price.
dodger02
AG
quote:
Yeah, I'll buy a 65 when I'm assured there won't be a cease & desist issued that holds all the orders up for months.

I want one.
powerbelly
AG
Lower manufacture costs (overseas vs US), less overhead, etc.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Unsure myself.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
Lower manufacture costs (overseas vs US), less overhead, etc.
Yeti coolers are manufactured in the Philippines.
sunchaser
AG
Yeti says Iowa, Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines.
powerbelly
AG
As well as Iowa and Wisc.

AgEng06
AG
I guess what I'm getting at is... If it's so easy to achieve the same quality for cheaper, why doesn't YETI do it? Any reduction in sale price for a YETI would be recovered by selling far more units.
Slided bread
AG
Thoughts on size? Don't know that I would need 65 all too often but it's only 20 bucks more.....
MrJonMan
AG
quote:

I asked and specifically about the latch patent and they said they didn't have one bit of worry. Also said they've had multiple meetings with Yeti and have change minor design features simply to appease them....for example, the color rope they could use on the handles.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
I see.

Better yet... what does it actually cost to produce one of these coolers?

No clue
mneisch
AG
quote:
Thoughts on size? Don't know that I would need 65 all too often but it's only 20 bucks more.....

Same question. I'm thinking the 65 just to be able to use it for quartered deer. Is that the appropriate size for my use?
sunchaser
AG
quote:
If it's so easy to achieve the same quality for cheaper, why doesn't YETI do it? Any reduction in sale price for a YETI would be recovered by selling far more units.

Yeah....and if all the oil related companies would just reduce their operating expenses and get production volumes up they wouldn't be as impacted by the down turn in pricing.
mts6175
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.